Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 18 days!)

is anything from my FF7R file gonna carry over to Rebirth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

haven't even watched the rebirth trailers so no idea what to expect, haven't played the demo either, just waiting.

playing Crisis Core for the first time, Zack is kind of lame.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

so I just beat Crisis Core for the first time and started this game.
I never played the rebirth demo or watched any trailers

zomg, its Zack.

oh i'm back to Cloud again :(

granted its still the beginning and tutorial stages, but man its hard to tell if I'm doing it right. things die after pressing some buttons and not sure if i'm using the mechanics right.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I’m bad at the card game, I keep getting locked out on spaces

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Wish more npcs icons were on in the mini-map

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Hype for Elena

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

What difficulty us everyone on? I put the highest not knowing how the battle system is gonna turn out. But might go back to normal if it’s just longer time to stagger

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Finally a day off tomorrow to devote to this

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

How’s the open world handled or is it just fake instanced into chapters? Can i just break off and revisit Nibelhelm during later chapters with freeroam or is that not a thing

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

why are Aerith and Tifa so excited about the birds

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

still just at chapter 2, was like okay, go here and there.
then met that dork Chadley and the towers.
omg so much spots to clean up and go to. I'm gonna be here forever. Feel like i'm gonna overlevel just doing everything

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

right now having trouble getting the AI to heal me and I seem to always manually tell them to cure me.
granted it is the beginning of the game, so i don't have all the resource perks to use abilities as I like

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

idk, i loving suck at this battle system, i'm getting my rear end kicked in chapter 2 by regular minions half the time because i'm just attacking air and the battle just ends because they die without me feeling like i actually did anything.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

nah that's even worse the characters just walk around barely doing anything and still get hit all the time

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

like in chapter 2, i fight the snake and it was just me getting smacked around, and any atb i had was being spent on cure or potions. having atb tied to items just sucks cause if one member gets KO'd well, its gameover cause you need atb to phoenix down them and if they died in the first place, its cause you didn't have any to heal them, its gonna delay everything and you should just restart the battle.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Megasabin posted:

It's kind of hard for me to judge I feel about this game.

At some points I'm amazed by the breadth and scope and other times I'm kind of disappointed by the low quality of some of the content. The highlight of Part I was spending time with the team and when this game does that, it's great, regardless whether it's silly or serious.

However, the world map sections are very poorly done precisely because they lack that. There's no banter at all, the team's relationships don't grow, and you just run around doing very boring ubisoft level copy-paste content. I think the side quests alone would have been enough world map content without the other junk. Then there's the mini-games, which amaze me in that they had time to put all this stuff in the game, but I've come to realize the predominant feeling I have upon completing about half of them is " "thank god I never have to do that again". Some of them also feel very mean spirited, like Jules' rhythm game switching from left --> right to right --> left randomly with every retry.

This would all work a lot better if I wasn't a completionist who feels compelled to engage with any and all content sent in front of me. If you are someone who is a'ok with simply skipping the world map stuff and the bad minigames

yea the open world looks great, but then the modern open world mechanics of doing chores on a checklist for that loser Chadley really bogs it down. We have enough actual real mini-games to pad the time.
Cause all the story segments are great. But you have to do the open world chore list cause its kind of tied to stat progressions.
Nothing wrong with the old style of actually just going from one town to another passing by some dungeons or forests to clear.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

If only FF8R was possible

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

got to Elena's first appearance, very spunky girl.

sounds a bit too much like Yuffie though

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

am i not seeing the button, but when buying equipment, I can't buy and equip, i have to buy and go into equipment to find it to equip?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Cleared the map stuff in Junon before continuing the plot. I guess maybe I'm suppose to do that stuff first before doing the story or I be underleveled.
It felt a lot more natural that greenhills where I got my rear end handed to me by that snake. Starting to feel the combat a bit more.
Such goofy stuff lol. Barret continues to be entertaining. Tifa seems to have few lines so far compared to everyone else.

random rear end dolphin assist with Cloud against the fish boss. Actually kicked that fish boss's rear end.
and hell yea, Yuffie, what up girl. Cloud lost a good chance, should have taken it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

oh no...got to the piano mini-game.
having to control the left AND right joystick rhythm game? game over for me

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

almost done with ch4.

i'm bad at steering, crashed the dolphin into about every post and still made the jump.

Went back and cleared the map objectives for Green Hills and Junon, doesn't feel as overwhelming as before. Like there's actually a ton of fog in the area that isn't actually part of the map. Still think they could have cut the stuff to 80% or so what it is for the right balance. Like the 3 for making the summon battles easier could be cut. Does every map keep the pattern of like 5 sidequests each. I do like those.
The MAI banter is great.

Also am I confusing the two mini-games. Fort Condor here was kind of annoying.
Which mini-game in OG FF7 was the one that was a turret defense style map.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

ok, the one here is a massive downgrade then

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

yea not sure how the synergy skills stuff works that well yet.
all i know is in one battle, somehow there was a special option for tifa and aerith and they did some limit breaking looking aoe thing and got a crazy buff out of it.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Aerith and Tifa are really having fun on this trip.
Kind of forgot what we were suppose to be doing in the main plot.

Chap. 5 was pretty quick

I liked the personalities they gave to the Shinra soldiers that are in your parade squad. Felt a bit of emotion at the end. I do like the focus on the general population more and showing what's like on ground level.
Not liking Roche at all whenever he shows up. Cause its gonna take another game installment to get his backstory. Are they planning some spinoff or movie for him or something.

Hojo is a great slimeball.

I haven't really been using Red XIII at all, he does seem solid. Seems to be as agile as Tifa, hits almost as heavy as Cloud and tanky like Barret. 3 party slots.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Think they’re gonna finish in 3 parts or they going overtime to FF7R part 4

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

What party/weapon level are higher level limit breaks

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Glad i beat Crisis Core Reunion just before Rebirth. A good refresher to the old story

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

that's neat, really need to work on my perfect guard timing

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Yuffie and RedXIII seems to fill up their limit break gauges pretty fast, actually able to use theirs in regular battles sometimes.
For Cloud/Tifa, i only ever have a chance to use theirs in longer boss fights

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

After you access an enemy is there a button to bring up the info again or do I have to access everytime

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Game teases you when you find a materia in the wild and your excited what new move you can add to your slots, and it’s some boring mp up materia or something

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Mt Corel is quite the hike.

Lol @ Elena. Great parting line.

Up to chapter 7, game time is like 31 hours. Around lv29-30

Glad the open world stuff is more spread out. I was worried I would have to deal with an entire map of busywork chores every single chapter.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

/tries to always slash at the robed guys whenever I pass by them club

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

the Johnnys stuff is kind of too silly..why doesn't Yuffie just do this for everyone

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Really bad at this Tifa crunches mini-game. I just lose track of the rhythm once it goes invisible.
Got to Golden Saucer.
great opening lol @ Yuffie fainting, how did all 3 do this spontaneous dance number with no rehearsal?

Only just started ch8 and go to the hotel with Barret.
A been foggy on finer details, haven't seen any fate ghosts so far. Other than expanding on side characters and smoothing things, has there any divergent stuff happening that played out differently than the original? Other than the vague Zack moments or Sephorith being all mysterious, has any stuff played out differently. Seem to baby sit these robed guys a bit more, but it seems the story is going on the 'regular path'

Also, wow, does Cait Sith's character model look amazing in modern graphics. And didn't know what to expect for voice, but it fits perfectly.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Got Cait Sith, yea he's too complicated for me. Regular battles end too fast for me to learn his gimmick, and it will just sour my experience using him in boss battles when I don't know how to work him well.

Enjoyed the climax of ch8.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

kind of weak that the 2nd game in the remake, and you still just using lv1 Limit Breaks the whole time, and very rarely ever have access to lv2 if the battle lasts long enough to trigger that sync attack somehow.

at this rate, we're gonna be at the next remake part and still only using Cross Slash

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

up to ch9

So am I missing something, I have 3 bars on Yuffie and 3 bars on Cloud and I try to use the limit break syn move, but its not doable even though it says the cost is 3 for each. And sometimes its just oh I can do it now.

Wow, am I way off the final points mark on these cactaur mini-game portion with Aerith.
Gongaga overworld bgm slaps.

also... omg

It's Cissnei!!

So I'm imagining while Reeve is controlling Cait Sith in his office by himself, he's also doing all the cat-like hand gestures irl, and sometimes the secretary walks in on him doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Yea muscle for money sounds about right for a merc.
A merc can still choose his jobs either way