Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Yeah okay I wish I didn't watch that but gently caress all of it looked so cool and goofy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Okay it's all cool so far but the nibelheim scene with 4 guys surrounding sephiroth with guns and as each one is very slowly killed but not one of them shoot even once is dumb and funny.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
We'll see when they release the junon demo but the map looks maybe too busy. Like it's fine for that demo because it's so linear but if they're focusing on exploration it's hard to pick out paths on it.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
I mean is it a retcon or is actually another alternate universe!?

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
The mako vacuums biggest crime was how slow it moved even with R2 speeding it up.

Guides for any "complicated" minigames will have guides up within a day.
Just have the birds gently caress

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
I hope they just add all the dirge of Cerberus characters, especially cybernet hojo and Vincent's dad

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Nero in the DLC only really showed that deepground exists and was honestly fine for a game that had you fight Destiny ghosts

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
I read through the novel Traces Of Two Pasts because I'm apparently determined to burn out on FFVII content until Rebirth comes out.

I actually enjoyed Tifa's story covering her time pre and post Nibelheim massacre. I liked it showing how hosed up it was in the slums while still having the people have some form of community. Also they never really get into how much everything just sucked for Tifa that if they pull a curveball in remake and kill her I'm gonna be so pissed

I think Aeriths story was more the translation I got being sorta a mess then bad but I didn't enjoy it as much.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
I can only find like a box with Cloud on it. Are the cookies themed, or is it just a FFVII sleeve covering the box of cookies?

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
I mean remember ol' Cloud butterfingers

Also yeah I guess it's just a hot box

their marketing choices are weird and dumb

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
You could have literally photo shopped Yuffie holding a big cookie instead of her shuriken, or just like something fun.

I need the game out now so I can stop looking at all this crap

D.Fuzzbot fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 15, 2024

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Just to be clear, there's nothing wrong with wanting delicious cookies.

I was just expecting some sorta special themed cookie flavours or ones in the shape of Sephiroth stabbing aerith

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

Vitamean posted:

donut holes with materia-colored powdered sugar? this marketing poo poo is so easy.

Matcha or apple icing for Magic, Strawberry icing for Independent, Blue Raspberry for Support, Red Velvet for Summon and for Command... piss

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Lemon is right there how did you fumble that.

I've never fumbled a thing in my life now eat your FF7 piss donuts.

I'm expecting some new, dumb thing to replace the Destiny ghosts and again folks will be really divided on it.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Since most of these guys aren't actually Sephiroth that's only really two different Sephiroths (flashbackiroth and final boss roth)

E: And what this means is that they is classic ff7 sephiroth doing classic ff7 things but also a sephiroth all about rewriting that history probably because he wants to kiss Cloud or something.

This is starting to sound all Xehanort-y

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

Shoehead posted:

Are there more Sephiroths or are there more Xehanorts?

Well if Sephiroth is controlling Jenova I guess that means all the black robed guys have been norted rothed so I guess there's 49 Sephiroths. So yes

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
I really wish more JRPGs would let me kick out the MC for battles when each character feels so unique in playstyle or build

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Considering there's cheats for invincibility, no battles and speed up you could very quickly play through with just the scenes

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

queeb posted:

It's this on the PC version? I just may do that

Okay innately on PC no, you'd have to install 7th Heaven mod manager which has shortcuts for speedup, no battles and even skip fmv.

Also install the 60/30 FPS mods and set it to 30FPS if you want Tifa's reels to be usable.

If you want invincibility just install the "Gameplay Tweaks" mod and it has invincibility in there.

D.Fuzzbot fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Feb 18, 2024

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

Shoehead posted:

I got this a while ago just to install that cool mod that puts the og concept art as textures over battle sprites. It's pretty painless, though I never got it to run right on my deck, which would be amazing

Someone made an installer for the Deck which I did for my recent playthrough of A New Threat and it worked flawlessly.
https://github.com/dotaxis/7thDeck

Just on 7th heaven mods, FFNx should be able to display in widescreen and you can rotate the camera in battles with the right stick. One problem is the battle menu is still in the same spot as the original and obscures a lot. The mod to fix that is "Compact Battle UI" and it'll reposition it properly.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
I have come to the realisation that maybe I don't like Crisis Core at all

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

stuker posted:

thanks for posting this! i was wondering if it would be possible to get mods working on the Deck

one question-- for whatever reason the installer didn't create a steam entry for 7th heaven, but i assume I'll still need need to create one manually if i want to run mods from steamOS. is that the case, or do i only need to run 7th heaven for mod configuration?

You have to run 7th Heaven for the mods not just the config. It should have at least added the application that you can add to steam from desktop mode.

No Mods No Masters posted:

People always talk about how good the 7th heaven mods are, but it's really wild that you can't play the game in japanese with it. I guess that would be my feature request

There was an effort by one modder to add the Japanese translation but I think it was dropped. Considering 7th Heaven is just a mod manager I wouldn't really put it on them to translate it.

I forgot in Crisis Core Genesis attacked during the Nibelheim section. I've forgotten so much about Crisis Core.

Cloud: "and then all these red haired clones attacked while quoting the loveless play. "
Barret: "Who?"
Tifa: "Just ignore it"

Aerith: " I wonder what happened to that Metal Dog with the human face on it"

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

Unlucky7 posted:

Completed the Yuffie DLC: Sonon died as he lived: like a chump

Now trying to rush through Crisis Core. Is there a list of missions with unlocks (I think the game outright tells you which missions unlock summons at least)? I have the item material fusion and the third accessory slot.

Mail in "useful tips" should have the info on exact missions that unlock particular content. Only ones you might have to look up are the accessory slots and how you get the magic pot dmw.

If you're looking to blitz the game, though, you don't need to do a whole lot to become overpowered for the story path.

While I'm at it having finished CC recently I feel like the ending is the only good part of the story and I just forgot how the rest of it is kinda meh

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Demo update is out

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Oh nooo chadley programmed a sister

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
I don't think they fixed the flying enemies issue. Tifa was happy to just endlessly do ground combos while the enemy was flying above her.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Just putting it out there that it's not very long of a demo. I don't think you're gonna take ages catching up in it

E: Finished it but I'll pop back into it to figure out some battle stuff.
Some thing I don't like
- Crafting is whatever but the overworld movement make picking up stuff finicky, just have materials pick up on proximity.
- There is a ladder that produces the strongest ghosting I've seen in a game and only for that ladder.
- If I want to retry a battle just start it up, you don't need to move me away from the area and start playing the audio log.
- Flying enemies don't feel great to fight if you're playing Red or Tifa.

D.Fuzzbot fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Feb 21, 2024

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
I love that Chadley is treating MAI like a little sister he doesn't like

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

ImpAtom posted:

For Tifa you want to use Synergy Skills. Cloud can throw her up and from there she can air combo forever

MAI owns

Thanks that's a lot better. After playing a but with Red he's not gonna be doing ariel combat on command but using counter and sentinel stance on flyers.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Yeah did the boss a second time with cloud aerith and barret and it went ten times smoother.

Also lol at synergy and comet just being a good general damage bonus

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

Sapozhnik posted:

Is Counter Stance or something similar available from the get-go this time?

Cloud didn't have it in the demo. Red now has a sorta similar, weaker ability called Vengeance Stance as well as the ability to counter attack right after blocking.

Bonus info: Red's area attack lets you move while he spins and he moves pretty drat fast during it. When in Vengance mode it does additional slashes after

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
The Graphic issues aren't gonna be fixed and I was already skeptical that they were gonna be fixed with this demo patch. Don't get your hopes up it'll be fixed on release.

I'm not having an issue with the graphics so i'm pretty much sold now.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
I think you get the rewards even if you only play the nibelheim demo

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Just so folks know the rewards are

Kupo Charm: accessory that increases the number of resource items extracted at a set rate
Survival set: selection of items to aid on your adventure, such as potions and ethers.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Remember you can always swap characters, after you've seen a limit break or synergy ability once start getting used to firing them off and swapping to your idle character to lay in more damage.

Gonna try that boss just one more time with Tifa and Red

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Yeah with Tifa and Red it's still pretty easy to handle the boss. Red still isn't great at offense when they're in the air but using him to parry/block attacks gets him ATB quick enough to counter with magic. Tifa just needs Cloud to launch her to get going (Or one of her launching abilities but the synergy is free). If anything I found it quicker to Stagger in the first phase with Tifa and Red then Aerith and Barret.

I'll leave the demo at that, I only did the Chadley VR missions that go over each character and the MAI missions once but I've no interest in trying to ace them now. Looking forward to the full game.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
They need to have shoved chadley right in front of you in the demo and mentioned he has tutorials for each character.

Also add a drat practice mode.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

nine-gear crow posted:

I don't got a PS5 so I have to wait until at least May, probably MUCH longer to play it on PC :(

Think of it this way: You're getting the true graphic/performance mode

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

Unlucky7 posted:

I kind of hope that they would eventually add a way to get MAI to skip the opening spiel when you are going after fiend objectives. Unless it is there and I am an idiot?

Run. Run as fast as you can to the target before she serenades you with info

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Not sure if you should force yourself through if you're not enjoying the game.

Also from now on if Intel on a boss mentions a element for pressure I'm just gonna restart the fight