Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
finally able to boot this game.

this poo poo looks like a ps2 game in performance mode, wow. glad i just got done with ff16 and am still 30fps acclimated. sheesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Arkage posted:

Man reading comments from other sites, I really don’t understand the hate boners this game is getting from some people for its graphics. It was a 4 year dev time, a third party dev, the game is absolutely huge, there are a ton of areas with AAA assets everywhere. I’ve been playing on performance mode on a 4K 65” sitting like, 10 feet away, and can barely tell the resolution difference between the two modes compared to the huge disparity between 30 and 60. What the gently caress am I missing?

I haven’t followed the discourse at all, but my experience sitting two and a half feet from a 27” 4k/60hz computer monitor is that performance mode looks like absolute poo poo. Like, just a blurry mess. That’s the thing with resolution: different use cases absolutely impact the experience.

Luckily the default quality mode seems to be just fine. I’m typically sensitive to crappy frame rates but the frame pacing seems really good in my time with Rebirth, so :shrug:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

im wrapping up ch 3. should i be buying materia out of the vending machines? i still just have one of each of the main elemental ones. i did break down and buy a second heal so i could comeback in hard fights a little easier.

also, how the gently caress do you see what abilities a party member has? i'm juggling materia and don't want aero on a guy that has the free wind attack, etc.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

JBP posted:

Just buy the cool Chadley materia and if the machine has something you have 0 of, grab it. You get plenty of money. You get enough materia without buying doubles from the machines though.

ok thanks, didnt wanna get to far to where i'd have to be farming ap later on to level up base level elementals

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Fedule posted:

You kinda do want Aero on a guy that has the free wind attack because having the free wind attack makes Aero into Aero ⍺. Also, you can see a list of abilities in Combat Settings when setting realtime shortcuts for someone.

It's kinda worth it to keep spare materia around and have one or two being trained up passively, especially on your unused party members. This way if you ever suddenly have a need for a spell like Esuna or Faith or Slow or something you have it to hand. Also it lets you have everyone equipped all at once without having to be swapping materia around so much.

ahhh ok, ty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Got to Gold Saucer and Cloud missing Jessie after seeing her poster hit me :smith: