Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Holy mother loving god drat mother fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Please rename the thread to:

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth: Wave Race 64

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

lih posted:

wow i can't believe that the climax of the game involves full hd modern cloud travelling into the original pre-rendered background low-poly ff7 in order to save aerith from her fate

You don’t know how bad I want that.

Saying “it ends very different then Remake” has my head spinning, but that can be taken so many different ways.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It's almost all a "sure... if you know to look for it" treatment, which probably could have been toned down just a pinch at it's most extreme, but also people shouldn't play the sequel (this series) if they didn't play the original imo.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah while they have been knocking literally everything out of the park the music is just doing things on an ethereal plane.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

RatHat posted:

I wonder if they’ll try to explain how the party lost all their items from the first game. Maybe their car crashes or something

That would be like needing to explain why a Phoenix Down won't work on Aeris.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

If you have any streamers you tolerate it’s not a bad option to watch them play the OG, you can skip some of the slower parts or battles to save up on time.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The A. I. Upscaled stuff is actually pretty impressive.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I don’t know if this helps anyone but people genuinely have copies of the game that they are playing and posting spoilers for (with video proof).

So if you’re someone that wanted to lock down Twitter/reddit/youtube — now is your time.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I don't want to spoil the end of Rebirth but the last scene is Cait Sith waking up in bed and looking at a snow globe which has the Forgotten Capital inside. Then Three Doors Down starts to play over the credits.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah there seems to be some full playthroughs on youtube and i clicked into some and just, GOD drat this soundtrack.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

TeaJay posted:

Yeah I mean I didn't play the remake but I read stuff and know what's the deal with it. I guess I was looking for "the same but with better graphics" and as I understood the first one wasn't really it, but I still had to try and look for information if they went even more overboard with adding new stuff or if they toned it down. I guess I can already see what the answer is.

People might bring up small gripes or annoyances in the moment but these are highly praised games with incredible art and style with updated gameplay that the majority of people are in favor for. Like it won’t even be a question that this game is the game of the year and the production budget really shows in the quality.

There are variances in the story which are mostly appreciated if you have a fondness for FF7 lore and one new controversial concept that you can easily choose to ignore. If you like FF7 or like the genre you just need to try it for yourself.

In general never let 2-3 random people on the internet immediately take you to “I guess I can see the answer”.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

TeaJay posted:

This is bold talk when Dragon's Dogma 2 is just 10 days away, though

FF7 is probably one of my all-time favourites, that's why I'm incredibly wary of any changes.

I would say that’s a reason enough to play or be knowledgeable of these games. Even if you find out you hate the expanded story and new gameplay you’ll at least get to hear the new soundtrack which has near 100% praise.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The big dead zones in the regions could be great arenas for massive kaiju WEAPON fights.

Harrow posted:

Sometimes I remember FFX came out 23 years ago and I immediately turn to dust

Hmmm I should get my copy back from that dick that 'borrowed' it from me in high school... Oh god I turn 40 this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Can a mod change my username to Aerith Gainsbro? TIA