Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

Harlock posted:

The demo's good, we get to bring this meme back.

Came here to post this :haw:
Every NPC looks like a Joe Schmoe but Tifa (and the rest) look goddamn ridiculous like they’re cosplayers. Easy to gloss over it on the PS1.

Rand Brittain posted:

I gotta wonder what people would think of the Nibelheim flashback if they had no experience with FF7 and saw Cloud reciting Zack's lines with no context.

Right Cloud lets us sit through 90 minutes of Extremely Unreliable Narration and Tifa doesn’t call him out on his bullshit. let’s see what happens now that we’ve uh decided that this isn’t going to be a 1 to 1 retelling.

One thing - I keep forgetting FF7R is a PS4 game meant to run off of an HDD. A lot of battle arenas are flat ground. This PS5 game has you fighting through a lot of rocky terrain which is a heck of a lot more complex. Also hitting the button to bring up the character status screens shows an entire scene with cloud and friends standing somewhere instead of 2D portraits. Go SSD!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

And we had to share it!

Something about how young cloud’s eyes are modeled makes him look terrified when viewed from below

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

And we had to share it!

nine-gear crow posted:

The first trailer for Rebirth literally has Tifa pull Aerith aside and go yeah, Cloud was just straight loving lying about being in Nibelheim. What's up with that?, so add on to all the thread pulling that was being done in Remake already before they even left Midgar, plus Zack being alive over on Earth-2, and things are probably gonna start fraying a lot faster than they did in the original game.

I deliberately didn't look at any trailers until I completed FF 7 Remake last week. :shobon:

Tifa: It seems crazy but ... Cloud was never in Nibelheim five years ago.

Aerith: And you just sat there watching him deliver that piece of performance art, and didn't raise your hand all that time?

Tifa: He seemed really really committed to the bit....

Aerith: That's not how this works, Tifa!

stev posted:

I'm the sort of person who always needs to walk the way you're not supposed to just to see what happens - and every time I did it the demo punished me with a full 10+ seconds of Cloud very slowly walking forward, turning around and slowly walking back. That poo poo's gonna add 5 hours to my playtime.

Action Button calls that out in his FF7R review. Want loot? Go to where your guys aren't. Except - there's a lot of minor increases here and there in terms of accessories and you only get new weapons very rarely.
He calls it "The trinket ultimatum" and that the real FF7R is hard mode which undoes all that item hunting bullshit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu4H5ykBP0I&t=8558s

Coffee Jones fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Feb 8, 2024

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

And we had to share it!
Sephiroth, stomped by a giant Mako horror and taking critical damage: "Cloud, we're supposed to fight together as a team."

That's a passive aggressive comment. How is this my fault?

ImpAtom posted:

Chadley owns.

I want to give Chadley a wedgie every time I see him.

DalaranJ posted:

Tifa: "Our reactor was the first of it's kind. It really put Mt. Nibel on the map."
Chernobyl put Pripyat in the map, but you don't see people bragging about that.

quote:

Did the town hall have a sign about some sort of cowboy festival that explains why all the government liaisons are wearing fancy duds? I missed it going back through.

Yeah, there's a little bit of that japanese love affair with cowboy gear. They all look ridiculous. Tifa, being the super-girly version of this looks very ridiculous. She's hiking up a mountain in a miniskirt, cowboy boots with this mini vest - bare midriff thingy.

One thing about the ending
I laughed when the worthless townspeople were all pointing guns at Sephiroth as if they expected to take him alive after burning the town down. Guns in FF 7 are weirdly ineffective.

Coffee Jones fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Feb 9, 2024

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

And we had to share it!

Dreylad posted:

It's not like I expected them to drop the ball on the soundtrack but all the music from the demo just kicks rear end.

And yeah the art design is great, just filling Nibelheim with people and stuff sells it as a really lived in place.

I guess?!
https://x.com/0xB100B01D/status/1756750681242050877?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

And we had to share it!

Sapozhnik posted:

I'm still mad that they changed all of Shinra Tower for absolutely no good reason and made it drastically worse. That was one of the high points in the original game and it was supposed to be the climax of 7R.

I definitely like that Horror element. It's like in Silent Hill 2 where you think you're in a bad nightmare apartment building full of twisted monsters and then you come into contact with Pyramid Head.

Thing is, I think the game knows-you-know that things aren't playing out 1 to 1, and it even spills the beans ... Guy who kills President Shinra is just a mook with a tattoo on his hand. You fight Jenova, for some reason, in shinra tower. There's Whispers everywhere

The game wants you to know that the wheels have come of the train, and we're careening into unfamiliar territory.