Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I half want to play, and half don’t and just want to watch Vinesauce play instead. Having to buy a PS5 for the game is a tough pill to swallow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Goddammit.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I didn’t play the demo, what the gently caress is going on.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I forgot that Cloud’s mom is named Claudia :laffo:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ytlaya posted:

I like Barret because he's low maintenance.

All the other starting characters require varying degrees of complex direct control to fully take advantage of them. Tifa has her Unbridled Strength stuff, Red has his guarding to build his Y gauge, Aerith has her zones and now the stuff with Fleeting Familiar as part of her movement.

I find it's hard for me to mentally handle more than one "complex direct input" character in a party.

Yeah as much as I like Rebirth I find combat to be very micromanage-y. It’s been years since Remake came out and I’m still not comfortable with the combat loop. I never really “got” it like I did the original. Maybe I’m just missing something?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Is there an ingame combat/battle tactics tutorial? I am deeply garbage at the combat and would appreciate some practice and review.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Pollyanna posted:

Is there an ingame combat/battle tactics tutorial? I am deeply garbage at the combat and would appreciate some practice and review.

I’m a dumbass and it’s Chadley.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Maybe he’s a lion.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I am only ever going to finish maybe 20% of this game, oh my god.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I might switch to maining Aerith full-time. Something about melee combat in this game just doesn’t gel with me. Or should I be regularly swapping control between characters?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Chapter 4 protorelic spoilers: I just got to Fort Condor.

GOTY. :allears:

Edit: OH MY GOD

GREG

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 2, 2024

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Significant mid-Junon spoiler:

“guys im having second thoughts about this plan :(“ - Aerith, forced to do the parade minigame

:allears:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oh my god, Junon.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I’m comparing my current playtime to where I would normally be in a run of FF7 by now and oh god.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I hate game. Queen’s Blood, specifically. Deck building, even more specifically. I can’t play or put together an effective deck to save my life :(

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

This game has somehow turned Red XIII into one of the best characters in the entire series.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Cloud Strife, Segway Menace.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Whoever put shoot on R2 with adaptive triggers on by default is a loving prick.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I’m just straight up not using synergy skills and abilities. Can someone explain to me why I should? I’m perfectly happy just using spells and character stuff to pressure and stagger.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I guess I should practice using them. I just kinda never see anything happen when I use stuff like Counterfire or whatever.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Just made it to the Gold Saucer.

I really wonder what the me of 25 years ago would think if they saw this.

Ytlaya posted:

Lmao at (chapter 5) the child being afraid of Red in the soldier outfit.

This was one of my favorite moments in the entire game.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Not gonna lie I genuinely considered calling out sick tomorrow so I could play some more.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Caseman posted:

Freaking chapter 13 took like 5 hours to beat. Anyone who has beaten the game remember how long the final chapter took? Wanna see if I can finish the story off tonight.

I knew the game would end eventually, but learning that I’m already more than halfway through is…:negative:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Late-chapter 9: I really did not expect to say “wait, we’re doing this now!? as often as I have so far.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Alright, I give up. What’s the trick to Fort Condor stage 4?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Whaaaat the gently caress is going on with Alexander. drat thing is tanky as gently caress. Maybe I should try an all-lightning build?

Edit: yep, that was it!

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Mar 7, 2024

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

^^ 👍👍

Oh god the music is stuck on Corel Prison and reloading doesn’t fix it :shittypop:

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Mar 7, 2024

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Is anyone else having trouble with Cactuar Crush? I can barely crack 700. I’m using Doppelgänger and everything, but no dice.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Just got to Cosmo Canyon, and they’re doing something real weird here. Fascinating, though.. I wonder where this is going and if it’ll land.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

How do you raise weapon level? I’m a little confused on what “upgrading” weapons means, because as far as I can tell there’s just a couple slots for bonus skills for each weapon.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Harrow posted:

It happens passively as you gain SP.

Then is there a way to gain SP other than leveling up and folio items? And what’s the deal with the not-materia for each weapon?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I found Cid and what the hell? Who is this Balenciaga lookin motherfucker.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I’m reaching the end of Chapter 10, and I’m starting to realize that we’re not getting Vincent or Cid yet. :smith:

In fact, this might seem greedy, but I still don’t feel like there’s enough in this game. I did get spoiled on one thing, that apparently this game ends around the Temple of the Ancients or something? Which is a little disappointing, I would have liked to at least get to the Northern Crater. There’s still so much we haven’t gotten to.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

What the gently caress, am I missing something in Glide de Chocobo? This isn’t like any other gliding minigame I’ve played. How does lift and speed work here?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

ImpAtom posted:

I think it helps that they clearly know what parts of FF7 were the most memorable to people and were dedicated to capturing those parts in some form. The inclusion of Test 0 alone is such an immensely obscure in-joke.

Holy gently caress I just read up on this and that is loving amazing, I love when they go all out on obscure callbacks like that.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Just landed a perfect score on Aerith’s Theme and the only thing I feel right now is :cry: :cry: :cry: how loving dare you game :cry: :cry: :cry:.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

End of chapter 11 heavy spoilers: I’m done with the region so I called a plane to fly off to the Gold Saucer and WHAT THE gently caress WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE VINCENT

Edit: jesus loving christ I just realized something.

We have the entire party now.

:dogcited:

they’re playing the music aaaaaaaaaa

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Mar 9, 2024

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Revisiting the Gold Saucer as part of the end of Chapter 11 and goong through the big story beats there, I just realized something: have all the Zack sequences taken place while Cloud was asleep?

vvv Syncopation’s a bitch :v:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

:laffo: I got Red XIII for date night. He’s cool and all, but I’m tempted to reload for story tone reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

It’s date night and oh my god this version of the play.

On the one hand, Aerith best girl. On the other hand, Nanaki best boy. On the third hand, I totally wanna pick Barret just to see what happens.

This is such a sadistic choice. :laffo: