Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Final Fantasy Rebirth: You rear end in a top hat!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I can't wait to see Sephiroth rebirth ending spoilers smash the buster sword. In the trailer it's heavily damaged.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Shoehead posted:

Thinking of playing this section as a first timer is wild. Seeing Tifa's reactions without knowing that instead of her thinking forward in the story its her going "Cloud wasn't there how does he know this?!".
Wondering why one of the guards sound so familiar, wondering why Cloud is so chipper. Maybe first time people will think it's because he's so young and he got so stiff after this happened.

Yeah let's just say that part 2 will start to address what Cloud went through between Nibelheim and present day and you get the full story in part 3. He's gone through a lot of poo poo. Every final fantasy 7 main character has significant heartache in their backstory. But Cloud easily got the worst of it.

Edit: I misread your post.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Feb 7, 2024

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I see what Maximilian Dood from Youtube was saying about this demo having a pretty significant combat challenge compared to the previous title. I'm a fan. I hope this keeps up. It's exactly why I'm going to play on Dynamic difficulty.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Augus posted:

pre-order canceled

Same. How loving dare you, Square. :argh:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

The scoring on the Piano is loving insanity.

I got 80 great, 50 good, 4 misses 0 Bad.

Baby that's a B+. That's a B at worst. Lets just call it an A.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Mar 3, 2024

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Bland posted:

On a related note, I despise the adaptive triggers implementation on the sit-up minigame. So unnecessary.

I really need the option to turn it off. I'd love to get that minigame done but that's not happening.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Fantastic advice, thank you.

bewilderment posted:

Aerith feels like the hardest to build ATB with, I dunno what the secret is there.

This is two fold.

How to get faster ATB with Aerith

1. Use Tempest (hold Square) and try to keep it going. The little turret buddy that follows her around gives ATB every attack.

2. Radiant Ward makes her invincible when casting spells, but also when she's standing in it her attacks are much more powerful and give a lot more ATB.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Final Fantasy Rebirth: Cloud: Kupo?!

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I love the running gag that moogles make characters virally say "Kupo" so much.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Reo posted:

Every time I look over while my partner is playing this game, they are either slowly pushing a crate, doing a stealth section where if you're seen you start over, or both at once.

That's kind of an amazing coincidence considering a 100 hour game has 4 of those that are about 8 minutes each?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Crystal Lake Witch posted:

This is basically what I did, plus using a couple ballistas.

I don’t really understand how the mini game actually works, because I tried the same tactic a few times in a row and the amount of damage my units could take before they died seemed weirdly random.

At the top right is the "rock paper scissors" graph that explains what unit counters what.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Moogle: "You can't catch me..!! :carol:"

My internal monologue: "Maybe Sephiroth is right....how can the planet be good, if it creates monsters like this?"

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Oh that's fun. Outside of the main story, Max Mittelman recorded every line of audio for Red-13 twice.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Outside of looking up which quests reward them, there appears to be no indicator as to what side quests give SP progession items or gate other quests/areas.

This. but if you look at the quests page, an associated character will show up on the sidequest that tends to hint rewards / reputation will go to them.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

JBP posted:

This game is so loving funny I can't get over it

This is really understated but yeah it's amazing how funny this game actually is. And consistently too.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

triple sulk posted:

Holy loving lmao the chicken quest

GOTY

They could have run, wild and free. And I....

I love that Red 13 is literally a dog, and he specifically calls out that losing focus when he spots a meal is his fatal flaw. Like a dog.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

guts and bolts posted:

It has come to my attention that the chief complaint about this game among some of the review outlets is that there's, uh, too much game in it, I guess,

Hey man some peoples opinions are just really loving bad and the moment you hear someone say "There is too much game" in a long form RPG like FF7 you need to immediately realize they don't know what they're talking about and instantly have anything they say go in one ear and out the other.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Bland posted:

Does Reno even show up in this game? I haven't beaten the game yet but he's been missing from a couple spots now where he showed up in the original so I'm starting to wonder. I know his Japanese VA died a few years ago which might have caused them to shelve him for now.

Reno's japanese voice actor passed away so he's mostly sitting out Rebirth. So they're going to find a new voice actor, and give Reno an expanded role in part 3.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

GateOfD posted:

why are Aerith and Tifa so excited about the birds

:actually: Why are YOU not excited about the birds?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

SettingSun posted:

The frog kids got mad at me when I left the minigame as if I didn't just spend 20 minutes collecting all of its rewards

I'm mad at you too, ribbit.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Fedule posted:

It's bungled completely

Hey Fedule, I hate to be the one to tell you but this is a skill issue, not a poor design issue. You're in the final section of the game. The fights are going to get harder and they're going to expect you've been paying attention

I recommend doing more sidequests, Chadley development and taking some more time to make a "build" that plays to your character's strengths.

For example, Yuffie already counters elements with her ninja magic skill so I recommend debuff and passive buff materia on her because it maximizes her capabilities. Aerith is fantastic at magic so having elemental magic materia and synergy materia is excellent on her. I'm a big fan of Synergy+Wind and Lighting for her.

As for that fight itself, Steadfast Block is a fantastic defensive materia that gives you big defensive and ATB bonuses for just blocking. Allowing you to fight very defensively.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Mar 10, 2024

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Jimbot posted:

Would it work with the fire+ice or lighting+wind materia too or only single elemental?

It not only works, but the character will choose the most appropriate spell. For instance Aerith will usually cast Aero but if something is strong to wind or weak to lightning, she will cast lightning. Same deal with elemental materia. I have Cloud setup with Elemental+Fire and Ice and he will choose the most appropriate element for whatever enemy he's fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Sockser posted:

Best write-up on the ending I've seen so far:
https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/15561-explaining-analysing-what-happens-in-final-fantasy-vii-rebirth-ending

obviously this is ending spoilers

Holy poo poo. I didn't notice all the dogs.