Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

hearing they patched out aerith’s “steel sky” closing line in R1 to a more literal translation that sucks rear end (both the new line and the act of changing it)

When did this happen. I just finished Remake two days ago and she said steel sky line the same as ever. That is lame as hell if they actually did that lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Boo. Boo I say!

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

My replay of Remake took me a little less than 30 hours and that was doing all the side quests and mini-games, as well as all the battle intel minus Bahamut since mastering all the magic materia is pretty much impossible without the triple AP gain from beating the game.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Send in the Clowns is not fun! It’s the opposite of fun, actually! Who the gently caress designed this?????

Edit: the tonberries are real fuckers but the Joker/Gigantoad fight is worse somehow. But I guess you can stop/sleep/whatever the Jokers and focus on the toad first. In general I need to do more damage, quicker.

Yeah Joker/Gigantoad is the hardest part. Tonberry part is actually the easiest if you equip Safety Bits on everyone. For stage 4 killing the gigantoad quickly and then whittling down the Jokers was how I cleared it, but that's easier said than done.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Fedule posted:

(unless you have glowing red handcuffs on, in which case do not use ATBs on him otherwise he will counter with Reprisal which both cancels the command and makes you eat poo poo).

lol I defeated Odin twice not understanding what was triggering Reprisal...this would've saved me a lot of salt.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Woah those Mandrakes on the flower hill in Chapter 2 do not gently caress around on Hard. Took me by total surprise. Had to bust out some Magnify Firagas on those fuckers.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Wamsutta posted:

Just tried cactuar crush with aerith and I got 140 points. 2000 seems a bit far off let alone 4000 lmao

Sorcerous Storm deals full damage to the light/dark cactuars even without being in a ward. Makes Aerith's trials really easy.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Capfalcon posted:

Finally just turned it down to easy and face tanked it. Then turned it back down again for the final protorelic fights.

Final protorelic Spoilers:
Anyone who did the Odin / Alex fight honestly is a wizard as far as I'm concerned, and I have no shame in turning that down to easy. I did Greg honest, though. Favorite boss fight so far. I saw the Excali-poor fake out coming, but him making due by hitting you with it thousands of times was hilarious.

I got really really close to winning the fight my first attempt on Dynamic but blew it when Odin used Zantetsuken when he was at like 15% health. Every other attempt after that I was having a terrible time so I knocked it down to Easy.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Rolled credits and went back to do the gold Chocobo cup quest and I can't beat this rear end in a top hat is there a better Chocobo than piko for it?

I used the Jungle Chocobo. You can just leap over Cactuar Gates and other obstacles and get a huge lead that way. The first course was the most annoying imo. The other two courses I smoked 'em.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Is there a way that's substantially easier to get to level 70 than just playing through chapters on hard mode? I want to beat the poo poo out of Gilgamesh but I struggled a lot at 50 and I'm a little burned out after 115 hours and am probably just going to take a step away for a month before trying unless there is an insanely good grinding spot somewhere

Do chapter select and pick 12, reset all sidequests, do the "White Haired Angel" sidequest in Nibelheim with Exp Plus materia equipped. You'll fight waves of weak enemies that give absurd experience, and then a mini-boss that continually summons more weak enemies. I went from 55 to 66 doing this quest one time.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

GateOfD posted:

Do I have to max Star these cactus thing with Aerith to unlock the next one? Can’t just beat the lowest one?
Also I think the weakest running chore in each region is the snapshot one, doesn’t really send you anywhere that looks any particularly better than any other place and not a running story connecting each region

You don't need the highest score but you can only do the first two Protorelic challenges on your first visit to Corel Desert. The other two unlock much later.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Yeah trying to play around the boss buffing itself if too many robots are attacking it is a red herring, just bust out robots and you'll overpower the boss despite its buffs.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

the thing thats absolutely beating my rear end right now is the Kujata & Pheonix fight, like I've figured out what to do and the order in what to do it Kujata, Pheonix, Kujata but I just can't seem to pull it off, none of the others gave me much grief but I hate this fight in particular!

Use your elemental materia in armor. Maxed out is ideal but I did it with it only level 2 which is still a huge help. One person gets Elemental/Fire and Ice and another just Elemental/Fire. You now have two party members that are immune to all of phoenix's attacks and the person with Fire and Ice is immune to two of Kujata's modes.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Chapter 5 Hard mode and Jenova Emergence has an unblockable laser attack that targets everyone at the same time and the AI can't dodge it. And it deals like 8000 damage on hard mode. Good poo poo, SE. Thank God for Arise.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

AnonSpore posted:

Does anyone know how weapon and folio passives stacking works? For example, Tifa has a weapon passive that's like, 50% chance to start with one level of Unbridled Strength (Omnistrike). She has a folio passive that does the same thing. Does that mean:

1. They don't stack at all, and you still have only a 50% chance of starting with omnistrike ready, but that frees up a weapon passive to be something else like attack power
2. The passive activates as long as one of those coin flips comes out heads, so you have a 75% chance of omnistrike
3. 50% and 50% stack additively to become 100%, so you will always start with omnistrike
4. They activate independent of each other, so you have a 25% chance of starting with whirling uppercut, 50% chance of starting with omnistrike, and 25% chance of starting with rise and fall

Same deal with other passives like Cloud's "blocking fills the limit gauge," does having both passives mean you get double the charge with every block, etc

As far as Tifa is concerned, they're additive, so she simply always starts battle with Omnistrike at the ready. I'm assuming all the passives work the same way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

Is there a map for the pirate jetsam or is it random? I have scoured every inch of the sea in Ch13 including Gilgamesh’s island and I’m missing the very last piece and I cannot for the life of me find it

I don't think it's random. If it helps I didn't find a single piece in the open waters, they were always near rocky outcroppings or the coastline.