Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 8 - From Downtown!

So I contacted youtube to ask what was considered hate speech and their response was

https://x.com/TeamYouTube/status/1758934476610998527?s=20

Once again without a timestamp or explanation despite such a thorough review. I already had this uploaded but I'm stuck unable to upload anything for a week. I'm working on a way around it

Oh yeah, on the missing episode we found out Jagre has brain bad and met Bat, and we have to go visit Kashiwagi who's in another super jail to fix Jagre's poo poo. All the cars broke but the bartender gave us one because gently caress it. Honestly not that much happened

Danaru fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Feb 17, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
I watched the episode before Youtube nuked it, and honestly? I'm loving baffled as to why they (or rather their automated systems) flagged this one of all the videos you've done for hate speech too.

Also, Rihaku's VA also did Date in Yakuza, and Raoh's did Ryuji yes. As for Uighur, it's our favorite ginormous rear end in a top hat, Shimano, and for Jagi it's Majima.

Just Winging It fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Feb 18, 2024

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Danaru posted:

Did you hear anything that a robot could think was hate speech, the bar is so low that an episode of Yakuza 3 got canned because Grace said "I hate white people" while Richardson was shooting me in the dick, and my appeal was denied within seconds of submitting when I said white people and CIA agents aren't a protected class as outlined in their hate speech policy

the only thing i can think of that came remotely close was the joke "you can hear yelling jagre yelling from here" "oh is he the one yelling the n word?"

(and to clarify for people who did not see it, no obvs neither dan nor grace said the actual n word, they both used the phrase "the n word" to make a joke about some random weirdo yelling it)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 9 - This Will Do

...Yeah I'm gonna forget this parry (I already forgot until now)

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Relevant image from a PYF thread:

e: also, are you going to put the videos from the side channel onto your main channel later, once the mystery punishment ends?

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 18, 2024

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

How about plopping Ep.7 on Newsgrounds or something?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I think the game manages to make the battles feel "right" compared to the source material. For example, Toki truly feels dangerous with apparently no openings because he's better at Hokuto than Ken, but you might have noticed at around 2:40 that he dropped his heat/aura there.
He actually has the anime cough of death as part of his battle mechanics, dropping aura and leaving him open to attacks for like 5 seconds; there's an achievement if you wait for him to fully recover instead of taking advantage.
By contrast non-martial arts users like Uighur have big exploitable weaknesses once you learn the fight. Same for Jagi (spoilers I guess but you put him in the custom banner in the first post), he'd even manage to be dangerous if his moves didn't have openings the size of Ken's torso.

I'd bet money the Jesus parry is the best move in the game, if you get the timings right. Guess who never bothered. Still, all the Hokuto Jesus moves are really good in my opinion and most are far less difficult to use.

Hokuto Baseball :allears: The minigames in this game are :perfect:
Edit:

Akratic Method posted:

Relevant image from a PYF thread:

Case in point, there's a minigame that's almost the quoted comic and :discourse: (I don't think Danaru & co. reached it yet? Or did I miss it)

Omobono fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 18, 2024

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Omobono posted:

Case in point, there's a minigame that's almost the quoted comic and :discourse: (I don't think Danaru & co. reached it yet? Or did I miss it)

Not yet, you'll know because I start giggling and stomping my feet like a moron

NHO posted:

How about plopping Ep.7 on Newsgrounds or something?

Yeah I'm looking at ways around Youtube's BS right now but I don't have a ton of options :negative: It wasn't a vital episode but I had fun dammit

Akratic Method posted:

e: also, are you going to put the videos from the side channel onto your main channel later, once the mystery punishment ends?

Yep, once I'm out of Youtube Jail I'm gonna dump all the missing episodes onto the main channel all at once, same with Judgement. If you're subscribed to our channel (:colbert:) I apologize in advance

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
You can always put it on archive.org if you can't think of anything else.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 10 - Huge Old Lady

The bartending minigame is actually a lot of fun, this game is so perfectly dumb

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Petition to change the thread subtitle to GUBOH!

edit instead of double-posting: also, lol that one of the bad guys was all "MIGHT MAKES RIGHT" but then later the friendly princess we help out is like "yeah, if we can't figure out how to rule in a trial we just do a fight" which is somehow even more Might Makes Right. They are literally saying that the stronger person is deemed right.

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Feb 20, 2024

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I love how Xsana casually drops how they have an Immortan Joe-style automated water dispenser; additionally it's apparently superheated water since they can run steam engines on it (the problem with steam engines is not sourcing the water, is sourcing the heat). Which raises even more questions.

If I were to try and actually make sense of the water source, Sphere City might be diverting an underground river. I've got nothing on how this pre-war complex would still be going strong without maintenance though.

And bartender minigame. Ken going fist of the bartender star on those drinks is strong Yakuza energy and it somehow fits perfectly. For me though, it's the drink names that truly elevate it. Hokuto hundred-proof rush :allears:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 11 - Here The Whole Time

Not the sharpest brick in the shed, are you buddy

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Cameo galore for various minor Nanto guys from the anime here so brief primer: Nanto has 108 different schools under its banner, most of these guys are minor Nanto jobbers, except Rei who is a Nanto top dog.

Blue haired dude (the "who the gently caress are you" dude) and red haired dude are two heirs from minor schools, their job is to be Yuria's bodyguards*. Rihaku is one of her bodyguards too, that's what Xsana was referring to.

*they're pretty poo poo at their job. To be fair, kinda hard to do a good job when you didn't actually exist until halfway through the anime.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Airi being voiced by the same VA who did Date's daughter in Kiwami, and the Not Mario one of T-Set in 5, continuing the trend of everybody with an actual name in this game being voiced by someone on the Yakuza cast.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 12 - My Poopin' Jug

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I call bullshit on Ken accidentally smashing that vase.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 13 - Star Of Like A Dragon Kazuma Kiryu

I'll be out of youtube jail tomorrow so sorry for the subscription feed spam in advance

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Speaking of racism and also Milwaukee, it's one of the most segregated cities in the US!

And yeah, it kinda sucks. There's a decent art museum, I guess. But even my friend who got what was ostensibly her dream job there gave up on the place after a few years.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 14 - Our Baby!

There we go everything's back on the main channel :toot: I'll do up a play list and update the OP at some point but also I don't wanna right now

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Watching this LP in bed has been an experience but it leaves me worried that Grace will randomly yell "WAKE UP, WE'RE MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR SLEEP".

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

He's in character as the titular baby.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 15 - Doctor Ken

This game is gloriously stupid

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Some choice reaction quotes here.

"It's diegetic?" :allears:
I had pretty much the same reaction.
"This is the dumbest thing in the game so far"
five seconds later the minigame starts: stunned silence

The disco lights are diegetic too, the tutorial mentions the nurse turns them on if she sees Ken is on a roll.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Well. Chalk me up as someone who didn't see Haruka's rhythm mechanic recycled into post-apocalyptic medical minigame set to a funky Christmassy rendition of Ode to Joy with disco lights and rap coming.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

"Orpheus in the Underworld" was a comic opera by Jacques Offenbach, and yes that piece was absolutely in it as the "infernal galop".

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I hope Doctor Ken doesn't lose his concentration and end up exploding a patient he was currently healing with his magic kung fu.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Judge Tesla posted:

I hope Doctor Ken doesn't lose his concentration and end up exploding a patient he was currently healing with his magic kung fu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkoPdjDu3hE

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 16 - Is It Okay?

Ugh alright I guess Rei is kinda cool

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 17 - Look A Red

Grace loves to 'help' by pointing at the TV and going "buh look no, no, no, over there, no" which is great thank you dearest :geno:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

hokuto no ken is sometimes pretty funny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUlFqL72iV0

As always for pre-porygon episode anime: flashing lights like hell

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Mar 1, 2024

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 18 - I'm Not Being Listened To

I said it before but I really like the bartender minigame

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 19 - You Have Friends?

Jagre, like, come on dude

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
We just got removed for loving """hate speech""" again and now we're in jail for two weeks and also if we get another strike our channel gets shut down I'm beyond livid at this worthless goddamned website

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Huh. Maybe you should just do all the North Star ones unlisted, or just finish this game off-camera yourselves. There seems to be something about it that triggers the auto-detectors.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 20 - Already Forgot About It

I don't care how many burners I have to go through we're finishing this drat LP

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

The whole of Eden is original to this game, so I think Nadai is supposed to be a minor to mid-tier Nanto guy, there's 108 of the fuckers and the anime shows, what, 11 total?
His moveset feels Nanto anyway, what with the ground stomp that shoots Chi forward.

Can someone explain why the current objective is not "find 200 meters of rope"? It's not like Ken couldn't burst that glass ceiling.
E: after we deal with Thouzer/Souther/However We're Transliterating His Name This Week I mean

Omobono fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 3, 2024

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Nadai's VA did indeed do Date's buddy Sudo in Kiwami 1/2, but also Christina in Y5.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 21 - Sthouthzer

I don't think that's how that medical condition works but :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Danaru posted:

I don't think that's how that medical condition works but :allears:

He probably has a full internal organ mirroring (I don't know if there actually documented cases of this but :anime:) instead of simply dextrocardia. Then again, Toki and Raoh do comment in the anime that his pressure points are in nonsensical locations, so maybe it is dextrocardia without any of the associated complications.

While I disapprove of getting Thouzer in the game just for the sake of fanservice, dude deserves more than a chapter as an antagonist, the exchange was good comedy:
Thouzer: "stances are for weaklings vulnerable to Hokuto"
Ken: "you have dextrocardia"
T: *drops into stance*