Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Aw sweet I love this one.

And as for why giant people, I always imagined this was the explanation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 22 - Solve This Problem With Your Mouth!

So many ways to phrase that and that's what he went with

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Should've went with "solve this problem with your BAHX".

(I may be very broken but now I can't see the word box anymore without hearing you two putting your entire box into the bit.)

Just Winging It fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Mar 6, 2024

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Wow, are we sure these guys are gay? That's an uncannily accurate depiction of straight sex talk.

e: gently caress yeah, UFO Catcher. The gods have rewarded your bit.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 23 - Smelvin's Coming

Look I know Jagi's around here somewhere but these minigames are fun dammit

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 24 - The Only Giant Bell In Eden

Grace really wants that bell to get destroyed and honestly I can't blame him

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I look away for like a few hours and theres two updates.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Danaru posted:

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 23 - Smelvin's Coming

Look I know Jagi's around here somewhere but these minigames are fun dammit

i'm glad you picked the correct choice for drink delivery, jagre's response is what moves him into actual best bro territory

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Kyon-bo not being in the game is the reason the bombs fell. Which, to be honest, is a fair and reasonable response, I'd have smashed that big red button too if I found out about Kyon-bo's absence.

Just Winging It fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Mar 9, 2024

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 25 - You Can't Afford It

Jagi's in an alley somewhere like where the gently caress is Kenshiro

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 26 - Go For A Nap, Buddy

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

That's the smartest mook in the whole Fist of the North Star franchise (including manga, anime, spinoffs, videogames etc) right there:
"nope, I'm not gonna fight the head asploder and the human blender, I'm going to surrender and spill all the beans"

He's fairly unique to the best of my knowledge too. Everyone else throw themselves right into Ken's path without a thought.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Omobono posted:

That's the smartest mook in the whole Fist of the North Star franchise (including manga, anime, spinoffs, videogames etc) right there:
"nope, I'm not gonna fight the head asploder and the human blender, I'm going to surrender and spill all the beans"

He's fairly unique to the best of my knowledge too. Everyone else throw themselves right into Ken's path without a thought.

He's even like "i've seen my boss fight, I know you are trained in the same poo poo as him... I don't want that." Guy next to him "lol i'll wi-*get's exploded*"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 27 - Punchout

Man I thought we were gonna have a Kiryu/Majima kind of rivalry but it turns out he just is actually a prick :smith:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

this whole quest was less "majima everywhere" and more "jagi nowhere"

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I think Jagi is always the rightmost one.

He did give himself those scars. Remember how Rei's dad reported before dying that a man with seven scars on his chest kidnapped Airi? That's why; those scars are fairly distinctive so Jagi gave himself a matching set.
(Note: if you forgot, Ken's scars are from Shin, they're not a standard Hokuto practitioner feature)

In the anime, Jagi went publicly and loudly calling himself Kenshiro (and ordered his mooks to do the same) to drag Ken's reputation through the mud and bait him into a confrontation.

The Jagi fight is really good (the actual fight, not the first person extended cutscene); he is a trained Hokuto fighter and that's dangerous, but he needs to to his little kata at the beginning because he's pants at it. He has a shotgun and you gotta dodge that, but then there's about an eternity and an half of recovery frames to exploit afterwards.
Then Rei shares in the kill and I have to say, I appreciate it.

and I'm going to quote myself from 5 and a half years ago:

Omobono posted:

Why are you assholes letting him walk away with his head not asploded FUUUUUCK.
I'm fairly sure I was referring to Targa there; it might have been about Thouzer instead.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 11, 2024

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 28 - Kenshin Impact

FOTNS characters love to smash a bunch of poo poo, then go "MEET ME AT THE BOSS ARENA LOSER" and just have their troops withdraw

Like I get it it's just inefficient

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
They really didn't have a solid idea for how long ago the bombs fell for this game did they? At some points it's something like maybe 10-20 years, at others it's many decades. Quite confusing.

Ryuji getting killed off at the end of 2 has got to be up there when it comes to bad writing decisions in the Yakuza series. That glorious rear end in a top hat deserved to come back, and it's not like they pulled weirder poo poo bringing characters back.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

In the anime they have a flashback scene when the bombs fell and Ken was already built like a brickhouse, so at least 16 years old and I'm underselling it, he was probably 18 to 20.
Start of anime Ken is late 20s to early 30s at most.

Another limiter is that Hokuto Jesus contracted his anime cough of death, aka actual leukemia, as a direct result of the bombs (see flashback mentioned above, it's about how Toki got exposed to the fallout) and that puts a soft cap on how long ago it was.
E: magic Hokuto healing can't do poo poo to leukemia by the way

I'd say the bombs fell about 10 before the start of the series.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Having actually watched the video:

Remember how you commented Eden was horrible?

Danaru posted:

This town is a prison, christ

That's because they answer to Raoh. He isn't a good person. Think your standard lawful evil character with a sense of honor.
Makes sense that Raoh would drop the army against Ken. He owns the place, Ken isn't interested in conquest and any soldier would get exploded, and right now Ken isn't up to Raoh's par (spoilers: stock up on consumables for his boss fight, he's a monster). poo poo happens on Raoh's timetable or not at all and he knows it.

Sway is just the dodge, you only need a standard dodge (and enemies in meridian chance) to trigger the double Jesus beam.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 29 - It's A Man Thing

A real man oughta be a little stupid

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Yuria doesn't know Nanto Seiken; don't ask me how her status makes sense, original author didn't exactly go into the political details on how her Nanto school operates and what makes her the head.
I have no loving clue how her fiance doesn't know she's a Nanto master, and one of the six stars* of Nanto at that.
Yes, everyone wants to bang Yuria.
*The 6 top Nanto guys (and gal).

Raoh is indeed going around collecting martial arts styles and giving their masters the choice of service or death, that's why he's calling himself king of fists. He doesn't want to be the only martial artist around though, he just wants to be at the top and skilled underlings are always useful (e.g. Nadai in this game).

He's a monster in his boss fight, at least on hard mode, I think they manage to both capture his presence (that super-armor) and the fact that Ken isn't up to his par at this point of the plot.
Burst mode damage actually sending Raoh into the first cutscene was :discourse: by the way.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Omobono posted:

Yuria doesn't know Nanto Seiken; don't ask me how her status makes sense, original author didn't exactly go into the political details on how her Nanto school operates and what makes her the head.
I have no loving clue how her fiance doesn't know she's a Nanto master, and one of the six stars* of Nanto at that.
Yes, everyone wants to bang Yuria.
*The 6 top Nanto guys (and gal).

Raoh is indeed going around collecting martial arts styles and giving their masters the choice of service or death, that's why he's calling himself king of fists. He doesn't want to be the only martial artist around though, he just wants to be at the top and skilled underlings are always useful (e.g. Nadai in this game).

He's a monster in his boss fight, at least on hard mode, I think they manage to both capture his presence (that super-armor) and the fact that Ken isn't up to his par at this point of the plot.
Burst mode damage actually sending Raoh into the first cutscene was :discourse: by the way.

Raoh is very well written, also powerhungry but not in a gibbering monster way

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Power supply broke (I hope) so no uploads until that gets fixed

I'm gonna fuckin do it man

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Between that and Youtube's bullshit, the LP curse is fixing its baleful gaze on you.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Only a person who has experienced deep sorrow and loss can master Retsu Puraiken

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Mar 16, 2024

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/DanaruLP/status/1773438318648156537?t=XNtzlG_eGjw6_E52sQnzEw&s=19

Normal LP stuff starting back up soon

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 30 - This All Sounds Really Stupid

Hey it's been a while! I'm leaving FOTNS on the burner channel and I'll set up a playlist at some point to make it easier

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Liquid Dan back with a vengeance I see.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Okay, there being an actual shoulder pad master craftsman in the world of Fist of the North Star makes the most sense. Business must be good for that guy.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 31 - How'd That Turn Out?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 32 - Ready To Fist?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 33 - That's Junk Too

I might... not be the best at resource management

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

on this easter monday remember kenshiro
who is slightly like jesus, if you squint

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Apr 1, 2024

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 34 - I'm Bat!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 35 - Blue Yuria

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Mamiya is indeed from the show. She's a fairly important support character during the second major arc and the like lone female fighter in the show. Nowhere up to the various martial monsters' par of course, but she can deal with mooks mostly fine. I understand why she hasn't combat animations for her 5 seconds cameo but it's kinda a pity.

Here's an example from when Rao's troops invade her village in the anime. Featuring Rei being Rei, Bat being Bat and Mamiya's combat yoyos.

E: I don't think you encountered a major boss fight since doing Toki's last training? Anyways, Jesus' flying hundred crack fist is major bosses only and you'll know the trigger when you see it. It is that obvious.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Apr 3, 2024

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
The author, Buronson, while not young anymore at 76 is still alive. And the manga ran from 1983-88.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 36 - Bolt Flippy

This is the sign of a good episode