Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Judgement Episode 17 - A Very Loud Cat

Look we'll defend you from your murder charge or whatever in a sec, I gotta find that cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass

It's probably a little easter egg, but it's neat that they still have Tak's old name sign on top of that cabinet.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

I'm impressed that you read that sign at that size, upside down!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Judgement Episode 18 - Maruru

I will forget and tell the ruru story again

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

The Japanese for the arcade is in fact Sha-ru-ru. (So I guess it's going off the Frenchy pronunciation of "Charles"?) I was really expecting Grace to finally have a solid straightforward answer for explain yourself

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Japanese people have such a weird idea what "blonde" means. Seriously, how is that host blonde, Yagami?

Anyway, I guess, I would be quite pissed to get a bill for 100.000 yen for a drink. For reference, that's 614,01€ or 904,86 Canadian Dollars. Not an amount I would carry in cash.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Mar 1, 2024

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Geez, the yen is not doing super well, is it? I used to be able to use a "close enough" estimation of 1 yen = 1 cent US, so 100 yen was a buck. I knew it wasn't super precise but it carried meaning across. But this prompted me to look things up and it's currently about 2/3s of a cent. Ouch.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Japanese people have such a weird idea what "blonde" means. Seriously, how is that host blonde, Yagami?

Anyway, I guess, I would be quite pissed to get a bill for 100.000 yen for a drink. For reference, that's 614,01€ or 904,86 Canadian Dollars. Not an amount I would carry in cash.

That's an Asian thing generally, I think. Effect of having a pretty limited spectrum of naturally occurring hair colors: there's black, and less black, so the latter gets called blonde without any particular regard for how it's used in the west. My hair color more or less matches the host's, and I've been described blonde by Japanese to each other.

Also, even ¥2,000 is way too loving much for a drink! A side story just straight up predicated on being a sucker. At least Yagami lampshades it a little by saying "ugh, fine, I'll buy a pity drink for this pathetic bar" but that is still high on the list of things to never do as a tourist, let alone a streetsmart local.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
The yen used to be very stable at 120-130ish yen to the dollar/euro, but in the last year and a half or so it really lost a lot of value and dropped to 160ish yen to the dollar/euro.

Never been a fan of these side-stories. You know it's some kind of scam, but it's just all awful without any real resolution.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Judgement Episode 19 - Head To The Beef Zone

This is... definitely one of those "it's the end of the night and we've been playing too long" kind of deranged episodes so I'm sorry

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

the spread legs sign is on Pink Street, so that might not be an accident

e: that first "gotcha" picture in the divorce thing, the guy was standing weird and his hair looked stupid, so my initial impulse was "is she hanging out with donald trump?!"

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Mar 3, 2024

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Speaking of Goofy, Date's VA in the original 2005 Yakuza English dub, as well as the English version of 7 & 8, is the same guy who has been doing Goofy's voice since the 80s.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Just Winging It posted:

Speaking of Goofy, Date's VA in the original 2005 Yakuza English dub, as well as the English version of 7 & 8, is the same guy who has been doing Goofy's voice since the 80s.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Just Winging It posted:

Without ever switching the VA to English I'm just going to assume that means Date sounds the same as Goofy, including occasionally saying "ahyuck!"

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
honestly he kills it in infinite wealth

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
"As soon as you have a child, your personal happiness becomes irrelevant and since having a divorce might make the child sad, you are obligated to stay in an awful marriage."
gently caress that!

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Mar 3, 2024

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Judgement Episode 20 - Just A Dude

We're back in youtube jail for yet another spurious 'hate speech' claim with no explanation, this site is a pile of poo poo

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

The game doesn't make this very clear but the Hug Bombs give you skill points when you use them. Basically a way for you to turn money into SP.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Are you making GBS threads me

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass

I knew you'd appreciate this knowledge :)

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Danaru posted:

We're back in youtube jail for yet another spurious 'hate speech' claim with no explanation, this site is a pile of poo poo

I think one of you may have ironically thrown out some anti-gay slurs at some point.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

cant cook creole bream posted:

I think one of you may have ironically thrown out some anti-gay slurs at some point.

We actually didn't in the episodes that got taken down, the ones where we did are still up

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Maybe that's the problem? I'm not an expert in youtube algorithm.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Danaru posted:

We actually didn't in the episodes that got taken down, the ones where we did are still up

"huge old lady" is a little-known ethnic slur

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Judgement Episode 21 - So Gloobly

Let's stalk some lady across Kamurocho, we don't have anything better to do

Danaru fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 5, 2024

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Wrong episode in that link.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Copying and pasting is hard

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Danaru posted:

Let's stalk some lady across Kamurocho, we don't have anything better to do

Why would you? That's essentially Yagami's day-to-day job function.

e: lmao at "grounded in beef culture" I love the writers/translators of these weird-rear end games

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 6, 2024

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Judgement Episode 22 - He's Not Joking

Yeah well if I hypothetically was the mole maybe people should stop sassing me so much

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
I'm guessing the name you're thinking of is Yomogi?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLy0ZSMGZRc

Tasty tasty extract made of... plastic and wire and whatever is in the cauldron. Also, an assortment of skulls is included in the mysterious old wizard guy starter bundle.

Just Winging It fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Mar 7, 2024

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Ok, it's pretty goddamn weird that there's just a wizard hobo in this one. Like, they're barely dressing it up as herbs or anything, it's just straight-up potion brewing.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Judgement Episode 23 - Scratched Mirror

How the gently caress does someone not know who Super Dave Osbourne is

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

poo poo, I haven't heard about Super Dave in years. Loved that silly show as a kid, though.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Judgement Episode 24 - Top Of The Boople

Shintani is kinda a dogshit lawyer man

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Judgement Episode 25 - Big Eared Freerf

:shepface: I don't know how the gently caress the Judge let that go, but I'm glad he did

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Judgement Episode 26 - At Least Fourteen

I hope Shindo isn't the Mole so his rear end can get got. Whiny little freak

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

I regret to inform you that asking your lawyer to discuss how you are definitely going to do a crime now and if he could just help you work on ways to effectively do crime is in fact illegal, and attorney-client privilege does not cover those discussions. This is why Donald Trump is always raving about how THE DEMOCRATS ARE DESTROYING ATTORNEY CLIENT PRIVILEGE SO UNFAIR, because that is 99% of what he talks to lawyers about and at least one was forced to turn over records of their contact after the privilege was successfully challenged.

e: I really thought "at least fourteen" was gonna be a joke about Backpack Boy

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 10, 2024

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Wearing backpacks is usually totally fine.
The problem is that that one absolutely clashes with his suit and also makes him look like he's wearing a stiff schoolboy's uniform.
Honestly, I've seen plenty of well dressed people who can easily pull the combo off.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Judgement Episode 27 - Very Special Cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
There was another Ichinose, the president of the Ikinari steak restaurant.