Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

XCOM was the one where it was a penalty which inevitably summoned misfortune.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Behind on this one, but starting in on it, and I feel like this mission needs to be a banner for some purpose in your threads:

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

And I'm caught up! Unemployment lets you really focus on the important stuff, like people I've never met playing a video game.

In the last episode, I like
a) that Grace completely misses your Rudolph the Red-Nosed Thief jokes and totally no-sells them (I appreciated them),
and b) you double checked the spelling of Brittany, but have misspelled Judgment in every episode title so far. Priorities!

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

It is absolutely the wrongest-looking spelling in (American) English. I didn't notice either until the subject of episode title spelling was specifically raised.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

I'm impressed that you read that sign at that size, upside down!

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

The Japanese for the arcade is in fact Sha-ru-ru. (So I guess it's going off the Frenchy pronunciation of "Charles"?) I was really expecting Grace to finally have a solid straightforward answer for explain yourself

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Japanese people have such a weird idea what "blonde" means. Seriously, how is that host blonde, Yagami?

Anyway, I guess, I would be quite pissed to get a bill for 100.000 yen for a drink. For reference, that's 614,01€ or 904,86 Canadian Dollars. Not an amount I would carry in cash.

That's an Asian thing generally, I think. Effect of having a pretty limited spectrum of naturally occurring hair colors: there's black, and less black, so the latter gets called blonde without any particular regard for how it's used in the west. My hair color more or less matches the host's, and I've been described blonde by Japanese to each other.

Also, even ¥2,000 is way too loving much for a drink! A side story just straight up predicated on being a sucker. At least Yagami lampshades it a little by saying "ugh, fine, I'll buy a pity drink for this pathetic bar" but that is still high on the list of things to never do as a tourist, let alone a streetsmart local.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

the spread legs sign is on Pink Street, so that might not be an accident

e: that first "gotcha" picture in the divorce thing, the guy was standing weird and his hair looked stupid, so my initial impulse was "is she hanging out with donald trump?!"

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Mar 3, 2024

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Just Winging It posted:

Speaking of Goofy, Date's VA in the original 2005 Yakuza English dub, as well as the English version of 7 & 8, is the same guy who has been doing Goofy's voice since the 80s.

Without ever switching the VA to English I'm just going to assume that means Date sounds the same as Goofy, including occasionally saying "ahyuck!"

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Danaru posted:

We actually didn't in the episodes that got taken down, the ones where we did are still up

"huge old lady" is a little-known ethnic slur

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Danaru posted:

Let's stalk some lady across Kamurocho, we don't have anything better to do

Why would you? That's essentially Yagami's day-to-day job function.

e: lmao at "grounded in beef culture" I love the writers/translators of these weird-rear end games

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 6, 2024

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Ok, it's pretty goddamn weird that there's just a wizard hobo in this one. Like, they're barely dressing it up as herbs or anything, it's just straight-up potion brewing.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

I regret to inform you that asking your lawyer to discuss how you are definitely going to do a crime now and if he could just help you work on ways to effectively do crime is in fact illegal, and attorney-client privilege does not cover those discussions. This is why Donald Trump is always raving about how THE DEMOCRATS ARE DESTROYING ATTORNEY CLIENT PRIVILEGE SO UNFAIR, because that is 99% of what he talks to lawyers about and at least one was forced to turn over records of their contact after the privilege was successfully challenged.

e: I really thought "at least fourteen" was gonna be a joke about Backpack Boy

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Absolutely incredible "I am so constipated" face on Yagami at 29:51

Danaru posted:

Power supply broke (I hope) so no uploads until that gets fixed so stay cheesy in the meantime

Kill me

Good luck!