Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Bard whose song repertoire is the discography of Fleet Foxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Scythes are good because they have a 4x crit multiplier.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

ChaosStar0 posted:

Doesn't matter since they only crit on a 20. Or 19-20 with Improved Critical.

I think you can take some mythic talents that let you expand the crit range even further.

Edit: Depending on class, you can also do Keen enchants with Divine Weapon/Spiritual Weapon, etc.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Getting wheeled into Kanabres on a gurney like it's the first time I haven't woken up and all hell breaks loose.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

My brain parses CMD as command lol.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I appreciate the "Can I fix her?" category inclusion.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I'm at hour 70 and I haven't finished act 3 yet. I think the DLC adds a lot of runtime to the game if you have it. But I also spent a lot of time just exploring the map and murderhobo'ing.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Pouring one out for my homie Monitor Lizard

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

My preferred interpretation of D&D/Pathfinder alignment is "Good/Evil is how you treat those weaker than you; Law/Chaos is how you treat those stronger than you".

Another one I saw is Law/Chaos being your view on a structured social order and Good/Evil being your value of human life.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

hmm, man-flesh... A little nibble wouldn't hurt, would it!?

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

One thing to note is that atheism in Pathfinder doesn't mean "I don't believe in the gods", it's just that you don't pay respect to or worship any gods. This has Consequences after you die, depending on how you live your life.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Ulbrig is great, but the Midnight Isles DLC has some Owlcat Bullshit with a few of the high level fights. You're not missing much.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

The roguelike DLC doesn't really work as well as hand crafted areas imo. Both the Kingmaker and Wrath DLC felt that same way to me. However they're great for loot and experience.

Back to the LP, I was kind of stunned at the beginning of the game where Terendelev gets killed basically immediately. Kind of set the tone for the game for me.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Irabeth and Avenia are the best couple in the game!

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

A lot of the dialogues with alignment choices have [Say nothing.] as an option, I'm assuming so that you don't change your alignment if you don't want to.

But yeah, you are right about the Lawful dialogue options being poo poo like "[Lawful]Execute the traitor!!".

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Slaan posted:

There is another one where the Lawful Good answer is roughly 'i don't like slavery, but that's your culture and law so I'll just return these slaves to you, evildoer' IIRC

If this is the scene I'm thinking of, that was the Lawful Neutral option. The Lawful Good option was "[Attack]Die slavers!" and that was against an opponent begging for mercy.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

yeah I don't think Owlcat is intentionally making weird calls with alignment because they're Russian lol.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I remember reading the stat and behavioral requirements for Paladin in D&D 2E and it was so much bullshit that nobody could even play them. Want to sneak up on a band of goblins? Nope! Gotta let them know you're coming because any stealth or tactics is immoral!

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Gun Jam posted:

I know almost nothing about these games, but I did heard that their take on alignment could be...iffy, to say the least (at least, hear it about kingmaker).

The main iffiness with Kingmaker is that Lawful Good is often the [Attack!] option with Neutral Good being the most general "kind and merciful" type good alignment. Lawful Neutral also can have a Judge Dread "execute the lawbreaker!!" bend to it.

The other issue is that being too neutral good could prevent you from gaining levels in paladin because it had a strict Lawful Good requirement (and still does in Wrath) so you have to pepper in a couple straight laced rear end in a top hat dialogue choices in with your good guy act. (or use Scrolls of Atonement to bypass this).

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

That Hulrun fella seems like a real hardass.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Scrolls of Remove Disease and Remove Poison are a good get early in the game, though a paladin can gain a Mercy to remove those with Lay on Hands.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I had a feeling the Drow transformation was gonna be the thing that was discussed. I need to check and see if it's still a thing in PF2E or if they changed it.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Amazing how many times "we gotta consume flesh or use the blood of an innocent" has been brought up so far.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Any time Minagho appears, I take the "what happened to your faaaaace???" dialogue option.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Slaan posted:

She's not in true love and monogamous with my man Stanton??? How could she lie like this?!

:goonsay:

hosed up if true.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Nenio is fine, I can enjoy her gimmick at least. Daeran is delightful.

The only NPC I actively don't like hasn't showed up yet.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

There's a character later on that I was friendly to as a male PC and turning him down BROKE MY HEART.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I read all of Nenio's dialogue with a Southern affectation because she calls me "boy" at every interaction and that's how people talk around here.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

ChaosStar0 posted:

She calls you by your gender because she doesn't bother to remember people's names.

Yes, I know. It's just funny how it reads in my head.

Edit: I've played through the whole game just about. I'm just not posting spoilers to points to where the LP hasn't got to yet.

Vargatron fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Mar 6, 2024

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Cythereal posted:

She doesn't call anyone 'sugar' or 'honey' so she doesn't match Southern mannerisms for my part of the South.

Yeah I know. It's just a Me thing lol.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Woljiff is kind of a victim of his class being a caster variant of the rogue class, but losing a lot of the single class features that makes rogue so powerful. He can be an extremely powerful tank if prestiged to a Duelist, but it doesn't really take off until late game.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I don't think Kingmaker had any NPCs with an archetype, except maybe one or two. Pretty much every NPC except a couple have an archetype in WOTR.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Cythereal posted:

Fun fact: there's a unique racial kit for every single race in the game!

Some of them are things you might expect, like kitsune's Nine-Tailed Heir, but there's a few curveballs in the mix as well like halfling's Knight of the Paw - a cavalier kit themed around riding a wolf (or oversized dog as you prefer).

Okay, I'm gonna roll one of these next game.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Oh Telmer, you scamp! The most lovable cultist.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

One of the male romances in the game caught me off guard because it reverses the typical trend in video games where you have to do things for the character. Instead, this character is the one wooing you with gifts and supporting you.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Capfalcon posted:

I still think Owlcat was wrong to give into the fan complaints that she was too much of a twist. Her character is much more interesting when she's actually good at hiding.

All they needed to have was that Undetectable Alignment necklace and that would have told you all you needed to know. All the other stuff they rewrote seemed superfluous. That's the thing about evil right? It hides itself well.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

The only character I actively dislike won't show up for another little bit, but his gimmick dips into "worst guy you know makes a good point" and it's just the dumbest poo poo to me.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Woljiff learns the power of friendship... I mean uh, family!

ProfessorCirno posted:

It sorta reflects on one of the major failings of the Crusade. All these people assumedly joined these cults for a reason, and when you have Halrun "yeah burn that child" on the side of the Crusades, or you're a discriminated against minority, it's easy to go with Team gently caress Those Guys. And even if you don't go full blown cultist, when the chips are down, you aren't gonna side with the people who have been giving you poo poo since day one. The failure of the Crusades isn't in the demonic invasion, it's in the thousands of myriad people who get so fed up with the Crusade that they either don't help or actively hurt the cause.

I love it when the bad guys call this out too. Especially when the "good" guys are showing the prejudices they claim to try and stamp out.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

You can tell who got the most attention during development and who was added in as an afterthought. Wendaug feel like somebody who was added in development late because they needed a branching path at the start of the game. She also makes me feel kind of uncomfortable with her subservient attitude. I won't spoil things now, but there's a few scenes with her in act 3 that kind of threw me off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I hope they update the WOTR AP for PF2E because I would like to run it with my tabletop friends. We've actually just started a Kingmaker campaign, so I think it would be cool to do Wrath if we ever finish it.