Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

swickles posted:

How many are active vs. forgot to cancel

NBC executives couldn't give a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Canales talking about how they're going to fix Bryce Young and it's literally starting from fundamentals.

https://x.com/TomPelissero/status/1772697681342640580?s=20

Also love the implication that after a seasons worth of tape they still don't know what routes and concepts bryce is comfortable with

It makes sense considering his drop back was hosed with multiple times during the year and his time in training camp was split between Reich's plan of fundamentals and NFL QB poo poo and Tepper's instruction to start him no matter what.

At least Canales has a plan. I don't care what it is, just that there is one and its followed for an offseason. Selling the farm for 3 years of Dak if Bryce aint it is fine with me. Still interested to see what Canales can do though.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Peacock is cheap enough that i guess people just forget about it. Netflix is 23 bucks a loving month now and people just forget about it too lol

Just the other day my friend was talking about his $8/month Netflix sub and I was like buddy you might want to look at your credit card statement more often lol. People (myself very much included) are terrible about reviewing recurring costs once they’re locked in

The Puppy Bowl posted:

NBC executives couldn't give a poo poo.

Yeah exactly if the money is rolling in who cares

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Docjowles posted:

Just the other day my friend was talking about his $8/month Netflix sub and I was like buddy you might want to look at your credit card statement more often lol. People (myself very much included) are terrible about reviewing recurring costs once they’re locked in

Yep, I get pissed every time Netflix announces a hike but never really do anything about it.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I had Peacock free for a year (2022). Watched Girls5eva, MacGruber, and "Stone Cold" Steve Austin vs. Kevin Owens. It was good, but I've been getting Paramount+ for free since 2022 as well, and that's not been turned off yet for reasons unknown so I'm going to get through the Tiffany streamer first.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1772705831923879977?t=xwq-y78bnQ9S9MAUzWj4fg&s=19

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Jim Harbaugh living in a van down by the river like his former assistant, Jim Tomsula the Mic Rula

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
if those peacock numbers are real the other streaming services are gonna also push harder for more games

wandler20 posted:

Yep, I get pissed every time Netflix announces a hike but never really do anything about it.

ive had netflix since 2006 or so and including while i was stationed in Europe i kept it going but the back to back to back price hikes finally got me to cancel. now it gets the same treatment as the rest, ill sub when there's a few shows i want to watch and then cancel again after 1-2 months

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

wandler20 posted:

I have a hard time getting upset when a steaming provider increase their cost by $2-5 at a time.

As much as I dislike it, the streaming services are pretty darn good returns on investment for entertainment.

A single movie ticket at a nice movie theater costs about the same as a month subscription to a streaming service.

I just wish nfl games were all available on one of the major streaming platforms.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I have a hard time getting upset when a steaming provider increase their cost by $2-5 at a time.

As much as I dislike it, the streaming services are pretty darn good returns on investment for entertainment.

A single movie ticket at a nice movie theater costs about the same as a month subscription to a streaming service.

I just wish nfl games were all available on one of the major streaming platforms.

thanks for the streaming service ad copy

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The337th posted:

thanks for the streaming service ad copy

You are welcome.

Have you heard of #mealprep service#? It’s a fast and easy way to get farm fresh meals effortlessly to your *mashes the skip 15s button*

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The only thing better would be if he's living on a boat in Marina Del Rey with a ten minute commute

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Ornery and Hornery posted:

You are welcome.

Have you heard of #mealprep service#? It’s a fast and easy way to get farm fresh meals effortlessly to your *mashes the skip 15s button*

Sorry, I was looking through my Ridge wallet to see if I can afford Hims. What are you guys talking about?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

He could be the new Winnebago Man

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

glad he's in the NFL now so I can laugh at his goofballedness instead of being mad online about it.

Enjoy your RV, Jim

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

They make super luxury RV's and it's LA, he's probably renting one of the ones they make for movie stars and poo poo.

Like, he's probably rolling in some stupid thing like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOBVEpBa_CQ&t=148s

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Harbaugh lives in an RV the way JJ Watt lives in a log cabin.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

folks i'm starting to think jim harbaugh might be kind of a weird dude

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

He's like that hippie that got ate by bears in that movie about it

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kidcoelacanth posted:

folks i'm starting to think jim harbaugh might be kind of a weird dude

Isn't it great

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I'm trying to imagine a way to do surprise onside kicks in the context of the new kickoff rules, like you could send five to try to yoink the ball as soon as the ball is kicked but every other kicking team members has to touch the 50 before they can play defense.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Mar 27, 2024

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I'm trying to imagine a way to do surprise onside kicks in the context of the new kickoff rules, like you could send five as soon as the ball is kicked but every other kicking team members has to touch the 50 before they can play defense.

How about : if you can land the football in the 5 yard range between the blockers, it's a live ball. Receiving team has the advantage of being able to see the ball's flight and the kicking team's defenders.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
The wording earlier was, "No one other than the kicker and returner(s) can move until the ball hits the ground or a player inside the landing zone"
And the "landing zone" is between the goal line and the 20-yard line.

So does that mean if a ball lands on say the 30 and rolls to a stop at the 25, no one can touch it, and the receiving team starts at the 25? Or how will that work?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

elime anning posted:

The wording earlier was, "No one other than the kicker and returner(s) can move until the ball hits the ground or a player inside the landing zone"
And the "landing zone" is between the goal line and the 20-yard line.

So does that mean if a ball lands on say the 30 and rolls to a stop at the 25, no one can touch it, and the receiving team starts at the 25? Or how will that work?

If it's short of the landing zone, treated as out of bounds, goes to the 40.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
There are no more surprise offsides kicks, you literally have to announce it I think

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Borsche69 posted:

its cool. i didn't realize that the athletic was 72 fuckin dollars a year until like a month ago. tired of subscription poo poo

This post reminded me that my $1.99 a month for the athletic ends in April because I signed up to get access to Dane bruglers big draft post. As soon as I signed in to cancel my subscription before it costs 72 for the year the site offered me a full year for ten bucks. I think I understand now why people are always saying it’s going to go under

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Bismack Billabongo posted:

This post reminded me that my $1.99 a month for the athletic ends in April because I signed up to get access to Dane bruglers big draft post. As soon as I signed in to cancel my subscription before it costs 72 for the year the site offered me a full year for ten bucks. I think I understand now why people are always saying it’s going to go under

Yup, I had a similar experience with one of the streaming services (peacock I think) back last summer. Subscribed to watch one show, finished it, went to cancel, they offered me another free month, I said 'gently caress it' and accepted just to see if I ever bothered using it again, but set a reminder to cancel after a month passes. well, another month passes and I go to cancel, and it offers another free month. They are begging you to forget that you are subscribed to something. Probably why there's a whole cottage industry now for alerting you to recurring payments and poo poo (which, haha, is its own subscription and recurring payment)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

After realising I had 4 different streaming services I just cancelled everything and now I pick one a month. Sign up and cancel on the same day. The only exception is Prime because I use prime shipping for quite a bit of stuff. It helps keep content rotation pretty good If you're taking a three month break or so.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I just steal poo poo and couldn't recommend it more

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I'm trying to imagine a way to do surprise onside kicks in the context of the new kickoff rules, like you could send five to try to yoink the ball as soon as the ball is kicked but every other kicking team members has to touch the 50 before they can play defense.

You can't do a surprise, but I'm still gonna push my idea of having a 10 yard box with both teams lined up on their 45s where the ball must touch the ground inside the box (on first landing, no squibs) before either team can move. The receiving team still has the advantage of seeing the ball, plus automatic possession if the ball doesn't land in the zone or goes out of bounds. The kicking team would have a fighting chance with essentially big fumble scramble, but no one would be running at each other at top speed because of the randomness of the bounce and the short distance to cover.

Glad to see the regular kickoffs changed, though, and I expect the onside will get an overhaul in the next year or two.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Peacock is only six bucks a month for all the murder she wrote I could ever want. gently caress it

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Similarly the janky rear end pbs app is five bucks a month to access a wide world of antiques roadshow and nova specials. I’m elderly

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Canales talking about how they're going to fix Bryce Young and it's literally starting from fundamentals.

https://x.com/TomPelissero/status/1772697681342640580?s=20

Also love the implication that after a seasons worth of tape they still don't know what routes and concepts bryce is comfortable with

Just get the leg-growth operation at that point, it'd take less time and have at least as much chance of success

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

How many swoops and swishes does Harbaugh's RV have?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Siriusxm is apparently notoriously difficult to cancel so I told them I was going to prison for a few years and they STILL tried to sell me on another year

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
In another thread someone shared a story about them calling in to cancel and saying they lost their job and was about to lose their house and they still tried to up-sell them. SXM customer service is disgusting.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
The bad thing is that you have to call them, you can’t just cancel online. But eventually they will let you.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

The bad thing is that you have to call them, you can’t just cancel online. But eventually they will let you.

You can actually cancel via online chat now, I recently did it and it even took under an hour!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I would simply go back in time to before the XM merger to get a lifetime of free Sirius services as an offer for when we threatened to cancel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

wandler20 posted:

You can actually cancel via online chat now, I recently did it and it even took under an hour!

Yeah the prison thing actually worked, the guy let me go in like 5 minutes. Everyone keep this a tff secret :ssh: