Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It took the Pats another decade to win another after their first three, and lol Cowboys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

They're both C. Jones, close enough.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Speaking of Free Agency, when does the thread for that usually get posted?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Also Antonio Brown. Did the Richie Incognito stuff happen on the Raiders too or was that before?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Seahawks just extended Geno so I doubt they'll trade him without the Raiders having to overpay, which obviously would be a mistake.

Raiders should probably draft a project QB in a later round and see if AOC can develop, then go from there. They're probably a couple years off from seriously competing anyway, might as well go young with their QBs and see if they luck into someone.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The Bucs with Baker basically get a free 4 seed the next several years since I doubt the Saints and Falcons get their poo poo together any time soon.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

It doesn't rule out the players getting extensions later, but since extensions would just put off the cap hits, some teams probably would rather take the hits now.

Titans have a ton of cap space this year, and they'll still probably want to keep Al-Shaair and possibly SMB and maybe even Henry if he doesn't find a suitable team in FA.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Is he even playing anymore? Haven't heard a peep about him since his run with the Bucs.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I know. I'm sorry, Mafia. But I'm reviewing all these free-agent WRs and telling myself, "I would only take Mike Evans over Gabe Davis." He would be WR1 on the Chiefs.

Besides Rice the Chiefs' best WR is an empty roster slot.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Nervous posted:

Bet he ends up on the Jets

Gabe Davis seems like a classic Jets overpay. Don't know if Rodgers will allow it though.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Big Dom may not be the coach Philly needs, but he's definitely the coach they deserve.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Should've had Big Dom at the Super Bowl so Nick wouldn't have been so emotional about the anthem during the game.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I'm still bitter that Townsend got all the attention just for being on the Chiefs while Ryan Stonehouse was setting records his rookie year (granted due to the offense being so putrid he got so many opportunities to make impressive punts but still).

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Chiefs weren't a big favorite going into the playoffs considering how hot the Ravens and Bills looked. Chiefs had a lot of lucky breaks, but they were also experienced enough to take advantage of those breaks and stay in games to the end.

The Chiefs weren't the best team this season, probably not even in the top five, but they definitely earned their Super Bowl win and were at least arguably the best team in the playoffs.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

His shoulder is.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Kalli posted:

There's 6 guys I feel you can just ignore anyone who says if they'd take Kyler over them, so I guess I'd be curious how people would organize this list:

Murray, Lawrence, Dak, Love, Tua, Purdy, Hurts, Goff.

Leaving Stafford and Kirk out for being 35. I'd also put Dak in that first list, but people love to hate them a Cowboy.

Goff - Just by virtue of getting two playoff wins for the Lions. Making a Super Bowl doesn't hurt either.

Dak - Great if you want to win the regular season. Meh in the playoffs, but still better than most of the rest of this list.

Hurts - Probably has the most upside and can win playoff games, but who knows how he'll fare with the chaos in Philly.

Purdy - Can win when he needs to, has 1.5 solid seasons under his belt including several playoff games. Not flashy but he does what he needs to.

Tua - When he's on, he's amazing. It's just having him be consistently great that's the issue, and it's a big one.

Murray - He's good enough to will the Cardinals to win games, which is impressive on its own, and he does well despite the amount of poo poo he has to deal with.

Love - Only this low because he has one season under his belt, and half of that was getting adjusted to the offense and his teammates. He'll likely be much higher next year having actual experience.

Trevor - He looks off a lot, and though he does have a big playoff comeback, it was against the Chargers, so it's arguable whether that really counts. He might still pull it together, but I don't have the faith of him doing well that I do the rest of this group. I'd honestly knock him down to the top of the next tier.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Russ knows the world isn't ready to see him get spicy at Payton.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

If anything that Chiefs weight room is too fancy, they should make it look even shittier if they want to threepeat.

Manoueverable posted:

Honestly it should be kind of embarrassing to the other teams that the Chiefs, garbage facilities and all, keep beating the piss out of them.

My team's 2-2 against Mahomes, including once holding him to three loving points and having a loss going to OT while starting Malik loving Willis. Not our fault that every QB that isn't Brady or Burrow keeps choking to him in the playoffs.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Beating the Patriots in the playoffs is nothing special. Hell, if Sanchez and Rex can do it, anyone can!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Are any of those Commies players any good? I assume not but still holding out hope a serviceable Center hits FA.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

shyduck posted:

I'm a week late but apparently Adrian Peterson is broke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir0ggPCI1VU

Honestly a recommended watch for any young NFL player.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I'm getting off Russell Wilson's Wild Ride.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Seahawks could use an experienced vet to backup for MVP Vote Recipient Geno Smith.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Liking all these good CBs hitting free agency.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I love Burrow but I hate Burrow but I love Burrow so really Joe Burrow is a man of contrasts.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Barring the four whole snaps Rodgers played, who's been the best Jets QB of the past ten or so years? Geno? Fitzpatrick? ...Sanchez?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Zach Wilson is the best-case scenario of what would have happened if the Jets had actually played Christian Hackenberg.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Kalli posted:

Everyone should watch the 5 Zac vs Mac games. They're... immense suffering.

How did the NFL allow five of these to happen?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Nodoze please punish them appropriately by making them a Jags fan now tia

Mega64
May 23, 2008

It might be time for the NFL to intervene to save the Panthers from themselves.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Thing is, if they didn't draft Bryce they'd have signed a journeyman QB instead who'd be mediocre enough to lift them out of Caleb and possibly even out of the top 5 (remember, this is the NFC South we're talking about).

They needed to trade for Bryce to earn the number one pick they traded to get Bryce.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I gotta assume Donald is a lock for first-ballot HoF. Think the same is true for Jason Kelce?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Basically we traded Mike Vrabel for Bill Callahan.

Fair trade imo

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

the rams SB nation page covers the rest of the twitter conversation, posting it here because its much more palatable to read through than loving twitter https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2020/9/8/21427630/aaron-donald-run-defense-rams-twitter

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1303388578450374656

kiimo posted:

Rumors heating up Sneed could go to the Colts. If twitter can be believed the compensation for the Chiefs is a done deal and it's all about a new contract?

I mean if rumors can be believed.

I'd freaking LOVE to turn Sneed and #32 into the Colts' #15 pick. That's prime left tackle territory in this draft

Please no, it's bad enough two of the better Tits defensive positions went to the Texans, we could easily cobble together a fourth to send for Sneed...

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Yeah but he's really good at football!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Antonio Clown

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Marry - Andy Reid
gently caress - Pete Carroll
Kill - Bill Belicheck

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Onside Kicks own because it relies on special teams and requires well-coached ST play on one side and/or poorly-coached ST play on the other to pull off effectively. It should be a long-shot to stay in the game (not as neutered as they are now of course), or a useful tool if you want to be aggressive (as above).

Basically I'm still laughing that the Falcons botched the onside kick that loving bad against the Cowboys.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Surprised Tits are so low since the vast majority of their FA signings were offensive, but that's what happens when your offense otherwise consists of Nuk and a bunch of rookies and/or JAGs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Imagine have to be nice to a guy that royally hosed you.

He's clearly looking toward his new job next season, smart to get ahead on that.