Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ted Ginn is the ultimate terrible draft pick, pretty good player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The Ravens don't have the money to pay him. Besides, Baltimore's history is loving up WR in the draft. In FA they pick up over the hill WRs who are generally fine but don't move the needle.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
[Quote="Ornery and Hornery" post="537969756"]
This is wildly untrue.

People remember the Flacco Ravens run and think the playoffs are basically flipping coins, but it ain’t that at all.
[/ quote]

I also remember the Flacco Ravens run. What a great run. What a great team!

Ravens should really win the Superbowl more often.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Well then let's move on to a less heated issue. Standards of evidence for domestic violence employment disciplines.

https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/...7B43W53PLTMF24/

At a bare minimum, it seems like there is enough circumstantial evidence to say Zay Flowers did something not good. Was he hitting his girlfriend? Was he grabbing her so hard as to leave bruises? Was he barring her exit from a house and she hurt herself trying to get past him? Was he present when his brother committed the abuse? Was she lying about everything?

Well except for that last question where the answer is definitely no, we will probably never know the truth. That's because the criminal investigation is closed with no charges. So knowing what we do know, which is very little, what should the NFL do about Flowers. I know for a lot of people the answer is to expel him from the league without any opportunity to play football again. But is that kind of discipline permitted under the union contract? Is it moral to take away someone's livelihood without strong evidence? Do we want NFL owners to make those calls when they will likely punish marginal players and let superstars skate? Is domestic violence so abhorrent that that weak, circumstantial evidence is enough for heavy discipline? Are cases of totally innocent people being accused of DV so incredibly rare that the harm someone in that situation may face shouldn't be factored in at all?

I do not know. The one thing I think I know is that Flowers should face some kind of professional punishment and he almost certainly won't.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It pains me to say, but the Chiefs went up against the best teams and beat them all on this Super Bowl run. The only one that might be considered flukey was Miami because of the insane weather. Even if that one has an asterisk, it was the worst team they faced all postseason.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

swickles posted:

How many are active vs. forgot to cancel

NBC executives couldn't give a poo poo.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I was watching that Superbowl with a new neighbor and it was a really fun time until the comeback started. We both turned pissy and sulky despite neither of us giving two shits about the Falcons.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
NFL GMs should put no driving clauses in contracts. We've got a 24 hour car service at your disposal day and night. We will reimburse you any cab fare. If we receive any evidence of you driving a car on a public road you will lose 5 million dollars.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

fartknocker posted:

They had a car service at one point through the NFLPA, going back like 15 years ago or so. Players just called an 800 number on their union card or something and they could get a car or limo basically anywhere in the country. It was like a $100 fee, and supposedly confidential. However, they dropped the program pre-COVID, in part because stuff like Uber and Lyft had become widespread in the interim, but also because a number of players repeatedly stated they didn't trust that it was truly confidential and worried that any uses of the program would get reported back to the team, regardless of what they were doing/why they were using it.

That's incredibly stupid. Why would the NFLPA report back to a team on player conduct?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Pron on VHS posted:

retired at halftime once again

Woof. Even I think that's too soon.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

It's ahistorical to pretend that Diggs wasn't entirely worth that compensation. What else do they do with that money and those picks that make them better during Josh Allen's prime. A prime that didn't look like it was going to mean poo poo until Diggs rolled into town.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The current Raven helmets are pretty bad. It's impressive how much worse those mock ups are.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1783233712487854178?t=Vsch6MW5Tltbh0WDghIt8A&s=19

3 year 15 million dollars for Rashod Bateman. That's probably a great deal. Rashod Bateman should be a top 25 WR in the league. He's definitely not, but there's really no reason he shouldn't be. Gets open constantly, catches most of the balls that get to his hands, and has good size and speed. He and Lamar are constantly not on the same page. That plus injuries are his story to date. His whole career has been a huge "Huh, that's weird."

I don't think this will work but on paper it really really should.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kalli posted:

Hell yeah, Christian Barmore signed an extension, 4 years / $92m

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6bFCOBN7zs

Puts him below the following guys in AAV:

$32m Chris Jones

$28m Christian Wilkins

$25m Justin Madubuike

$24m Quinnen Williams

$24m Derrick Brown

$24m Jeffery Simmons

and even with:
$23m DeForest Buckner, Daron Payne and Dexter Lawrence

It's important to resign good players. Still, not sure I would take Barmore over anyone on this list. Maybe Derrick Brown.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ooof. Dude's agent needs to be blacklisted.

E:

Not exactly overjoyed.

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Apr 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'd thought he paid someone else to murder a pregnant woman? Which for some reason feels worse.