Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
It's nice to see you be all positive and poo poo but I'm concerned that you're just tempting fate considering the Chargers always win the off-season and then bad things happen. Normally I wouldn't really care but, division rivalry aside, something needs to be done about the Red Menace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Will somebody please beat the goddamn Chiefs? I don't even give a gently caress if it's the Chargers at this point, I just need them to stop winning Superbowls, it's very irritating.

Thanks in advance, whoever you are

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

wandler20 posted:

Bucs already did.

Why did you stop beating them? I demand answers!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

I've accepted Tom Brady as evil incarnate so I'm okay with him coming back and ending the Chiefs dynasty.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

tinstaach posted:

The Lions did, and would have again

In the postseason!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Canned Sunshine posted:

Well the prior year the Lions barely missed the playoffs, this year they made it to the NFCCG, so next year must mean a Super Bowl win.

Then we can add Andy Reid/Mahomes to the gif where dan Campbell comes blasting through a door, blowing opponents away.

I sure hope so!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

wandler20 posted:

I'm starting to wonder what kind of market Baker will have.

Teams that need a starter:
New England
Pittsburgh
Denver
Las Vegas
Tampa Bay
Atlanta
Minnesota
Washington
Chicago

It seems that Chicago, New England, and Washington will all draft one. Minnesota seems to want to bring Kirk back. Denver maybe restructures Wilson and Baker - Payton doesn't seem like a great fit. Pittsburgh has been linked to Fields and Tannehill, not sure how real that is but I'm not sure Baker would be in play there either but maybe. That just leaves Vegas, Tampa, and Atlanta. I really have no idea what Vegas is going to do. Both Tampa and Atlanta have new OC's that overlapped with Baker's time in LA.
I'd totally take Baker if we can't find a way to trade up for Daniels. If my team is going to continue being crushed under the bootheel of the Chiefs, and maybe also the Chargers if they finally get their poo poo together, then at least give me a fun slinging QB to make most games exciting.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Forrest on Fire posted:

I still don't give a gently caress about the Chiefs. They're fine. They'll get more annoying if they threepeat. Mahomes is overexposed but less annoying than Brady and unlike Aikman isn't the most obvious fraud in the sport. Their supporting cast is old too and they'll have to retool and be a different style of team to keep contending.

You mean like going from a ridiculous offense with a dumpster fire defense to a barely functional offense with a great defense full of young players?

They win no matter what, it's obscene

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Borsche69 posted:

oh rolando mcclain. dang.

The most memorable thing he ever did in the NFL was basically Rock Bottom a dude during a game.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Vfk1Hmk8shk#bottom-sheet

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Grozz Nuy posted:

Raiders fans absolutely claimed that McClain was good for a while

He was a highly touted player from one of the world beating Bama squads and we were desperate for something to be excited about.

I mean, one of our resident Panthers fans is (was?) still defending Bryce Young at the end of the season. Sometimes we just have too much hope as sports fans.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

a neat cape posted:

I remember Raiders fans screaming that Bruce Graskowski was good

What a weird time

Hey man, he came back to beat the Steelers by throwing 3 TDs in the 4th quarter. Heroic poo poo like that will give fans a lot of hope, especially when you consider those bad Raider teams.

Haha, thanks for the extra cap space you handsome devil

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Feb 16, 2024

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

What would the Bucs want for Baker?

he's not great but he's pretty fun

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Give him a lifetime contract, he'll surely be better than Tommy DeVito someday!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Is this guy seriously using the current NFL dynasty as a "whacky things can happen in the playoffs" example? Like, the team that's won 3 Super Bowls in 5 years and have been to like 6-7 consecutive AFC Championship games?

LMAO

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

3 DONG HORSE posted:

After the Broncos beat the Chiefs this year, the Chiefs never recovered from the loss and spiraled into hell, never to return..............

What? I was a asleep? But my dream was SO good. :mad:

Same but my dream occurred right after the Christmas Day Massacre at Arrowhead

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Hizawk posted:

Yeah...

Chiefs need to...

Get back...

To contention.

Hey man, show some respect to that fringe playoff team that clawed their way through the postseason against all odds to finally win The Big Game when everyone disrespected and doubted them all year. It's not like they were defending champs or anything.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

sean10mm posted:

They became the New New England Patriots really quick, huh

They're much worse because at least the Pats had Billy 5 Aces being a spiteful dick about everything and the Pats as a whole just leaning into the villain role.

The Chiefs are bad villains because they have a likeable head coach in Reid and a goofy Kermit the frog motherfucker at QB

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Only spending a year behind bars for irrevocably destroying the life of another human being is totally fine and any of us would've surely received the same mercy from our governors.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

solarjetman posted:

I'm thinking Vegas.

You shut your filthy whore mouth

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Kalli posted:

Have an invective railing about Britt Reid and just how few consequences connected white shitheads suffer if you want to angry up the blood:

Blood status: boiling

If he was a poor person and/or a minority he would be serving the maximum sentence, gently caress everything. poo poo like this makes me wish I was oblivious to the world around me so I could just coast through life only being aware of my immediate surroundings.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

The most solid case of early CTE that I've ever seen

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Freaquency posted:

He’s both pro-choice and anti-gun so I think it’s more likely that he was hanging with Bosa and got roped into a photo, but if anyone wants to disavow the dastardly Bengals and join the ranks of the Ravens flock you are welcome (please don’t do any research beforehand tia)

gently caress the entire AFC North is also an option

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

I don't care who my friends are, I would never pose for a photo with the guy who is literally worshiped by racists and maniacs who proudly use "gently caress you, got mine" as their daily mantra and do everything possible to oppress minorities and keep poor people firmly under the boot of capitalism if I actually gave a poo poo about poverty and stuff

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Wait wait wait

The rich white guy is voting for the rear end in a top hat who will help him keep more of his money?!??

NOT ON MY WATCH

Amy Pole Her posted:

Or
Hear me out
Grow up

Feel free to stop white knighting for Trump anytime now

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lmao try again.

Calling out stupid whining like yours is not exactly an endorsement for Trump.

And even if I did support Trump like some folks on this board do, you’d have no right to tell them to stop posting.

You didn't call out poo poo. All you did was get butthurt about someone making GBS threads on the guy who literally tried to overthrow the government and install himself as a dictator.

Sorry to trigger you

We can talk about BBQ and make everything better again

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Do not even ask posted:

don't encourage self-harm

be better

I read that in Joey Swole's voice, good poo poo

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

This is the football sub.

Look dude, I offered to discuss BBQ with you and if that's not a goddamn olive branch then I don't know what else to say

Also, Minshewmania is taking over Vegas and it's going to be cool as gently caress

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

you said the bad name so now people are going to light up the report button and send you to Guantanamo until the heat death of the universe. you won't get to watch Stroud win multiple super bowls, hope it was worth it!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Bring back Zombie Rush Limbaugh to be a tv guy for Fox Sports

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

wonder who picked the coach

John Spanos is the owner, therefore he picked the coach. I'm all in on deflecting any blame away from Telesco and choose to believe that he was just another victim of terrible Chargers ownership.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

a neat cape posted:

John Spanos isn't the owner

Well one of those Spanos shitheads are the owner and everything is their fault

I hope that your love of the Harbaugh signing hasn't dulled your hatred of that wretched family

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 13, 2024

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Kinda can’t believe Wilkins gets 27.5 million a year to do what Sieler does for 12
Classic "The guy who left my team in free agency isn't really that good" energy

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Wilkins is awesome. Who said otherwise? We in the afceast thread have said as much for a long. So is Sieler.

Reading poo poo not really for you eh?

Okay well quick question, if Sieler is just as good (doing the same job as you said) then why did he leave so much money on the table when he got his extension last year?

Either we overpaid a shitload for Wilkins (conceding that free agency always does that to a degree) or Sieler gave a huge discount to play in Miami.

I'm not terribly familiar with either guy, mostly just poo poo posting, but I'm excited for Crosby to have another good player lining up with him.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

He's being extended again this offseason for that very reason. Its why I get to excitedly say we are paying him 11.x million for now and will continue to do so until I see him bumped to freakin 17-20 million.

For real, check the AFCE thread. You'll see nothing but amazing reviews and clear cut acceptance months ago we couldn't afford to keep him. Miami tried repeatedly.

That makes more sense now, I didn't know about the other extension on the horizon. Well good to know that Wilkins has such a stamp of approval, it makes me feel even better about him. DT has been a massive hole since forever and I'm glad it's finally being addressed in a big way.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

fartknocker posted:

Here’s some offseason content for everyone: video from a 1995 Seahawks-49ers preseason game of Summerall and Madden breaking down Seahawks players eating hot dogs on the sideline:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9CRooYTNZQ
Every other NFL tv personality sucks rivers of poo poo compared to John Madden. Summerall was just the cherry on top to make a perfect combo. Everyone else should kneel at the alter of those two and cut out their tongues as penance for not being anywhere near as awesome as they were.

Of the things I miss about being a kid, they're certainly high on that list. gently caress

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

The NFL should force the Texans to rebrand as the Oilers and rock the powder blues, anything else is either aggressively mediocre or steaming dogshit

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

I like how the Raiders never change their uniforms because you don't gently caress with perfection and I don't have to suffer through terrible redesigns every 5-6 years.

vvvv this thread has taken quite the turn!

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Mar 18, 2024

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Chargers sure but the rest of these are demented. Nice work

Not having the Raiders uniforms in at least your top 5 invalidates everything you'll ever say regarding football... congratulations!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Don't leave us hanging, post all the team swatches so we can vote on them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Police aren’t people.

Amen brother