Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Phobeste posted:

idk, the uniform's named after him after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

sharknado slashfic posted:

The only thing that matters is where Flacco goes

does he go anywhere before October?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Good for him

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

mcmagic posted:

He's a FA and they are going to re sign him.

Can they tag him?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

mcmagic posted:

Yeah I guess but I don't think they will. They can probably do like a 2-3 year deal with him and get a much better cap hit.

yeah I think they'll sign him to a 3-4 year deal, but the tag would keep things from escalating to a bidding war plus they have the option to trade him if the price is right or, as it were, wrong

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it's surprising there aren't more leaks from the coaching side about teams with a vacancy like the Johnson/Manders one. I don't even necessarily mean super specific like that, or from one guy, just rumors where it's like "multiple candidates this cycle have mentioned to sources that the GM/ownership/etc has no plan or direction/that they're dickheads." or maybe we do get those every other year and I just forget. hard to say

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Grozz Nuy posted:

My understanding is that the directive was to sell the Seahawks and Blazers within a certain period of time after his death and use the proceeds to fund his charitable foundations and poo poo?

he could of just left the team to one of those foundations and it would be a money printer for decades. but I guess they'd have to disclose even more financial info than the Packers do to maintain their charity status

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

and why would you, value aside a sports franchise like the coolest toy someone can own

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lmao

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

mcmagic posted:

The fact that you can be so sure that a guy who won the super bowl 6 times has lost it and forgot how to coach is remarkable.

he's 72. people 5 years past retirement age lose it. I think he's probably still an above average coach, but he isn't Bill Prime, and it's unreasonable to expect him to be

not to mention at his age he'll give you 3 years at most. if your team's just a couple players and a good coach away, he'd be worth bringing in. the Falcons aren't that, none of the teams this cycle were

will Raheem Morris be better than 2004 or 2014 Bill Belichick? will he be better than 2024 Bill Belichick? will he be better than best-case-scenario 2024 Bill Belichick? the answers "no, almost certainly, maybe" feel like pretty safe bets

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

OOPs

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

YOLOsubmarine posted:

His press conference made it clear that he still wanted to be the head coach of the Seahawks. He never expressed public interest in another job, nobody other than Florio ever reported even private interest in another job, his agent didn’t leak to Rapoport or Schefter that he was interested in other jobs….

If he wanted another head coaching job he sure was subtle about it.

yeah I think if he actually wanted to be a head coach for another team he would have made that obvious, either directly or through an anonymous source

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I’m glad my man Snags got his extension. keep doing your thing playboy

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Mystic Stylez posted:

Agholor unironically ruled this season

he was about as productive as OBJ this year, that's good enough for vet minimum at least

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I'll see y'all when he signs with the Chiefs.

who are notable for making great WR evaluations and signings the past few years

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Every player is doing their best pretty much

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

that Von Miller deal is so crazy. every team should get one or two "my bad" chips per decade they can use to clear a player's salary from the cap (and of course the revenue split, they'd be accounted as FO/staff and thus wouldn't take away from the players' pool), but they still have to pay the contract/negotiate a buyout

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it's really the fans that are getting the pass there since the owner is still beholden to the contract, and taking it out of the revenue split means that money has to be spent on players, but I do agree that it's funny

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lmao

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I think it would be really funny if the Chargers had Eli in for a ceremony and retired his jersey

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Huh. That’s some compelling evidence.

I think everyone itt is on the side of survivors and generally distrustful of the judicial system.

But “literally not at the scene of the crime when the crime occurred” seems like bulletproof evidence of innocence.

it would be, but that's not what happened

quote:

Prosecutors and Araiza’s attorney said Araiza admitted to having sex with the teen during the party. But, according to prosecutors who have pieced together a timeline of the night, Araiza had left the party about an hour before video shows several men having sex with the accuser.

so he wasn't there when the gang rape video was taken, but he did confirm he had sex with her that night, at that party, where she (a 17 year old) was drunk

perhaps it's wrong of me but I remain skeptical despite the fact that the prosecutors couldn't confirm his presence at the party when the video was taken. and even in the best case scenario he was on some Josh Giddey poo poo. hopefully Andy can set him on a Vicklike redemption journey

indigi fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Feb 23, 2024

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

what if they played football in shin-deep water. it would cut way down on concussions. they should try it at next years pro bowl

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

Bottom of the pile going for a loose ball but you’re face down in water.

Snorkel helmets? Look it's a learning process.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the 2023 Chiefs getting through the Bills and Ravens on the road and then 9ers is absolutely "anything can happen" poo poo especially considering it required Greenlaw to pop his Achilles taking the field. it's not the 2011 Giants but it's still absurd.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

restricting it to the Chiefs, who were still a pretty good offense and solid overall team this year, is silly, and not even an especially demonstrative case. they're just easy to remember because it happened like last week and I’m stupid. but you're right, it's never happened to a bad team, but a few meh teams have managed to do it: Flacco went fluke-o, the Giants pulled off road upsets against the 15-1 Packers and stacked 9ers before squeaking by the dominant Pats, and the Eagles late season offense was doodoo so they aaaalmost lost to the Falcons before riding Nick Foles (lol) to a Superbowl over a dynasty.

just 3 winners in the last 30+ years that I can think of, and again none of those teams were actually bad, certainly the Chiefs weren't. so it's at best a ~1/40 chance if your playoff team is "ok" and then nosedives from there. but sometimes longshots hit a few weeks in a row, and before you know it Dre Greenlaw's foot falls off due to light jogging. so idk I guess that could happen to the Panthers next year? even though it won't. it could... and that's cool

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

Chiefs weight room looks fine. Ceilings are high enough. Who cares about the aesthetics

people with eyes

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Ort posted:

I’ve worked out in crappy gyms and nice gyms and it is certainly a much better feeling to be in a nice place even if the weights are the same. I get that these are professional athletes but they are also human beings who value things every person does.

yeah, essentially this, but it's also their workplace. it probably puts you in a better mood if your employer isn't giving you a bottom of the barrel converted garage rear end looking gym to work in. sure in theory they get paid enough not to care but that's not how the human mind works. the on-site gym my current workplace provides is much smaller but looks way better than that ol bullshit

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

sharknado slashfic posted:

Do we seriously still not know why the Bears DC got fired? Is he in gauntanamo or something?

yes I believe he was sentenced to execution by the base JAG

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I heard that in prison he fell in love with a man and then hung himself when they broke up

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Reid should have been forced into rehab for a year and then sent to like help clean up superfund sites or something. spending time in prison wasn't doing his victim any good, but neither is releasing him early. I just hope the victims' families aren't devastated by this. nothing anyone did here is commendable

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I heard that him and his wife are announcing the formation of a double trouble with Travis and Taylor

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Kalli posted:

Have an invective railing about Britt Reid and just how few consequences connected white shitheads suffer if you want to angry up the blood: https://sports.yahoo.com/former-chiefs-assistant-britt-reid-cut-the-line-into-the-nfl-now-he-cut-the-line-out-of-prison-180036459.html

I don't want to be made mad or sad, but I appreciate that someone wrote something to this effect

DeimosRising posted:

park your car near britt reid's house and give it some time

(sadly) lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I really really doubt Joe burrow is a trump guy, he cares about poverty and stuff

plenty of Trump voters regularly volunteer at soup kitchens and homeless shelters my man, probably more often than you

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

Hell yeah own him by making up your own fanfic about a stranger

The supernatural crossover will be devastating

lol getting sloppy

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

swickles posted:

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1772300839471751495?t=3WPkBINGMMkPBsSIeF-3LA&s=19

I love that the Steelers are assigned to Northern Ireland and not the rest of the UK. The NFL is part of the Illuminati and knows the Irish Unification of 2024 is still a go.

I am a little surprised Steelers aren't also part of Korea still

why do AUS/NZ get Eagles and Rams

and the Rams getting all of China while five teams split Switzerland lol what

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Amazon AI can highlight players it thinks will rush the passer and be correct almost 7% of the time so I trust it with spots

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Hand Row posted:

How do you know when the player is down?

more chips obviously, don't be a negative ninny

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it's odd that no source is even putting him at the scene. obviously with the video if the driver had run - whether it was Rice or not - the police would know about it, and that probably would have filtered out to the news as well. no source I've seen has mentioned the police are looking for the vehicle's driver. if a witness saw him flee the scene there'd be a warrant out. in any case I hope the person in the hospital is ultimately ok

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

ah there we go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

fartknocker posted:

a number of players repeatedly stated they didn't trust that it was truly confidential and worried that any uses of the program would get reported back to the team

that's fair tbh, given their arbitrary style of discipline I probably wouldn't trust it unless it was directly organized by the PA and ran by a third party

also it's kinda silly to race on public roads when you can afford to rent a fuckin track. I 100% get wanting to race but even in my 20s I was worried about hurting bystanders