Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

What's this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Nightwing in Justice League Unlimited, which apparently had stupid restrictions as to who could appear where and in what shows.

https://dcau.fandom.com/wiki/Bat-embargo

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Just watch a supercut of Dakota Johnson fumbling with a can of Pepsi and you're good.

I just saw that on the Honest Trailers episode on Madame Web and holy poo poo.

When the really good Justice League Unlimited show was going on, there was this weird mandate that certain characters could not be used for reasons. They could talk about Plastic Man, but you couldn't show him. Black Manta had to be redesigned as "Devil Ray." But the big thing was that they could not use Batman-adjacent characters outside of Batman himself and maybe the Joker because The Batman was on TV at the time.

So that quick silhouette of Nightwing was the closest thing they could do to have him appear on JLU.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

tadashi posted:

I was thinking I was going to watch this movie in spite of everything anyone has said about it.
Thank you to this thread for changing my mind.

Good thing we convinced you not to have fun.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Just watch a supercut of Dakota Johnson fumbling with a can of Pepsi and you're good.

Genuinely, what is the reason for not having her drink/fake drink from the cans? Once you see it, it dominates every scene.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

In general it's easier to not show people eating and drinking on screen because if you have to do multiple takes the actors end up eating / drinking a ton and you have to worry about re-filling, getting them new cans, maybe even continuity with the amount of food left and all.

If they never actually drink and just kinda fiddle with it, you can cut around with editting and make it seem like they did and people won't notice. In theory.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I would hope that nobody lets anyone's online opinion stop them from doing something in reality.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I would hope that nobody lets anyone's online opinion stop them from doing something in reality.

*stops typing a response about how it's important to sometimes let someone's online opinion stop them from doing som

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

NmareBfly posted:

In general it's easier to not show people eating and drinking on screen because if you have to do multiple takes the actors end up eating / drinking a ton and you have to worry about re-filling, getting them new cans, maybe even continuity with the amount of food left and all.

If they never actually drink and just kinda fiddle with it, you can cut around with editting and make it seem like they did and people won't notice. In theory.

This is it. Rian Johnson has an anecdote about Chris Evans getting sick because there’s a scene in Knives Out where he eats an especially buttery and rich kind of cookie that they had to do a few takes of and it just ruined his esophagus.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Pirate Jet posted:

This is it. Rian Johnson has an anecdote about Chris Evans getting sick because there’s a scene in Knives Out where he eats an especially buttery and rich kind of cookie that they had to do a few takes of and it just ruined his esophagus.

There's the famous story of Charlie Chaplin eating the boot in The Gold Rush. The boot was made of licorice and he did over 60 takes across a couple days. Ended up in the hospital for insulin shock.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s probably why people in movies and tv order a plain salad lmao

It’s so jarring every time

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Yeah. With the nature of filmmaking, anything food/drink related is obnoxious for both the actors and the prop people.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

On the flip side some movies are just better bc of the food. Defending your life makes me hella hungry

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The problem is once someone tells you that cups in movies and TV shows are almost always empty, you start to notice how often actors carry cups like they’re empty when in the reality of the show they’re supposed to be full.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Know a guy who worked as Script/Continuity Supervisor on a film set entirely during a dinner party and apparently keeping track of half a dozen drinks and plates in every single shot was an unimaginable horror.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Can't they just put a weight in the bottom of the prop cup so it at least has some weight to it?
it would solve this:

Gripweed posted:

The problem is once someone tells you that cups in movies and TV shows are almost always empty, you start to notice how often actors carry cups like they’re empty when in the reality of the show they’re supposed to be full.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

FreudianSlippers posted:

Know a guy who worked as Script/Continuity Supervisor on a film set entirely during a dinner party and apparently keeping track of half a dozen drinks and plates in every single shot was an unimaginable horror.

That’s an easy fix, as long as the meal being served is soup. Simply connect all the bowls with concealed soup tubes to a simple computerized soup distribution unit under the table. Then program in every character’s soup consumption rate and the time of each shot during the scene. Then resetting the soup levels for each shot is the work of a few keystrokes, as the soup distribution unit automatically refills or drains all the soup bowls as needed.

Tell your friend to work smarter, not harder.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Huge complaint of mine is people not really eating/drinking but yeah it's hell on continuity.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gripweed posted:

That’s an easy fix, as long as the meal being served is soup. Simply connect all the bowls with concealed soup tubes to a simple computerized soup distribution unit under the table. Then program in every character’s soup consumption rate and the time of each shot during the scene. Then resetting the soup levels for each shot is the work of a few keystrokes, as the soup distribution unit automatically refills or drains all the soup bowls as needed.

Ai driven soup mechanism for film

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Huge complaint of mine is people not really eating/drinking but yeah it's hell on continuity.

Go watch Big Night (again?).

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
But... it's a can. It's the one thing on screen that you can't see into.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Gripweed posted:

don't forget to remove all your teeth before you shoot. wouldn't want those getting in the way

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Martman posted:

don't forget to remove all your teeth before you shoot. wouldn't want those getting in the way

I do not see how that would provide any benefit.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I dunno it just sounded like a tim and eric bit!!

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Worst Chris (Pratt) apparently ate like eight burgers shooting a scene for parks and rec.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
the noise-less slightly fake looking brown grocery bags

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Just do a texas chainsaw massacre and purposefully say to hell with continuity for dinner scenes!

Ever dinner scene would be better if shot and dressed exactly like texas chainsaw massacre regardless of the films actual genre.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

dr_rat posted:

Just do a texas chainsaw massacre and purposefully say to hell with continuity for dinner scenes!

Ever dinner scene would be better if shot and dressed exactly like texas chainsaw massacre regardless of the films actual genre.

My Dinner with Leatherface.

:hmmyes:

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Digital Domain just put out a VFX breakdown for the big MW:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDDwN6szm_g

Spotted something fun, in the final shot where they're standing against a New York backdrop they've clearly repurposed something filmed in the Ezekiel's apartment set with that underlit wood.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

it premieres tomorrow you time traveling heathen

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

lol, that was not the case earlier. How weird.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Josh, I must counsel you to use your temporal powers for personal gain and/or world peace and not to bring us early BTS vids.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Madame Web is a goon???

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I'm the bootcut rubber suit

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I hope Sydney Sweeny's career goes well and she finds a lot of success, it will make coming back to this much more interesting knowing she was ready and willing to go all in on her character and THAT is what they made of it.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Grendels Dad posted:

I hope Sydney Sweeny's career goes well and she finds a lot of success, it will make coming back to this much more interesting knowing she was ready and willing to go all in on her character and THAT is what they made of it.

Big same, what a lost opportunity.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/kraven-hunter-movie-faces-another-093000681.html

Oh no

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Yeah, just one 093000681 is devastating, let alone several!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

quote:

Meanwhile, Kraven the Hunter is now up against Warner Bros' animated Lord of the Rings spin-off War of the Rohirrim, which opens on the exact same day.

Somehow I see both of these movies underperforming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Somehow I see both of these movies underperforming.

If Gladiator 2, which I think comes out 2 weeks beforehand, does well I can see it cannibalising their audiences.