Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
I watched a video essay about how the MCU and Sonyverse/Venomverse/Spidervillainverse tie together that revolved around how (Loki season 2 spoiler) Loki revealed that the MCU multiverse is now a tree, which would make the Sonyverse a web on one of the branches of the tree, with Madame Web at the centre.

And I'm like sure, why the gently caress not? Continue making baffling and terrible decisions, Sony. Make this whole thing as convoluted and confusing as possible, stuffed full of actors who clearly couldn't give less of a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.

TrixRabbi posted:

Venom 2 actually lost something when they got a director in on the joke. The first Venom was so fun because it was watching the filmmakers lose control of the film to Tom Hardy in real time, like the cast was rebelling against the entire concept.

I haven't seen Venom 2 but quite enjoyed Venom 1 because it's abundantly clear that Hardy has nothing but contempt for the character. His performance is completely ridiculous, at times he sounds like Droopy, and the script has golden moments like Venom bellowing "ON MY PLANET I AM A LOSER". He reminds me a lot of the extremely goofy version of Venom that's in the PS1 Spider-Man game.