Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Vegetable posted:

This thread is preoccupied with what the actresses think. Multiple pages of inane poo poo like “I bet she regrets starring in this instead of Dune” or “I bet she wishes she got a superhero movie earlier.” I doubt it’s deliberate but you don’t see the same type of discussion about male-led bombs.

But you see that all the time? You know, all those planted stories about how an actor turned a role in a smash hit for a role in a bomb? Like how Will Smith turned down the Matrix for Wild Wild West because The Matrix didn't want him to rap the theme song, Connery doing LXG instead of LotR or Bill Murray doing Garfield because he was thinking of the wrong Coens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

josh04 posted:

I don't really see that it's better to have been Kingo or a side character in Black Widow than to have been in Madame Web. The crux is that you want your agent to put you in films that make lots of money and have lots of sequels, quibbling over nerd universe stuff is entirely tangential. It's how people end up in Terminator sequels.

Well def not Kingo considering Khumail has been pretty open about the self inflicted body dismorphia and eating disorders he got from making the film.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Just watch a supercut of Dakota Johnson fumbling with a can of Pepsi and you're good.