Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

Cats is like the opposite of CONTENT; that’s one of the reasons I enjoyed it so much— whatever else you can say about it, it is not a movie that plays things safe so much as a movie that lights itself on fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Cats went out of its way to play it safe, but the execution of that safeness was done by an alien.

I suppose that’s true. I remember the director saying that with the scene where Rebel Wilson eats a bunch of dancing human cockroaches, their concern was that it shouldn’t come across as too sexy. And, indeed, it doesn’t seem sexy at all