Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

No Mods No Masters posted:

Probably super heroes were always going to end up going down the path of westerns in the long run.

But here in the thread about iconic character madame web, I really wonder if the decision to rotate out all the characters anyone cared about accelerated the bust

The problem is just that real life has linear time unlike comic books. Since they apparently don't want to recast existing characters, it was just a matter of time that all the big names they started off with are tapering off, so now they're having to scrape the barrel. You have to presume Feige is eyeing that "break glass on X-Men in case of emergency" option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

She gets hit in the face by a firework, that's what blinds her.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I hope whatever she does next does well, because it really does seem like she just got roundly hosed by the whole process of making this.