Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grobbo
May 29, 2014

G-III posted:

3. A teenage girl's desire to dance for cute boys in their vicinity cannot be stopped by the otherworldly fear of a man in a gruesome spiderman costume with strange powers trying to and nearly successfully kill you.

this bit is particularly good because in Cassie's vision, Sydney Sweeney's character yells out, "it's not what it looks like!", so the audience is primed for some kind of comic twist or surprise development when the diner scene starts to play out from the girls' perspective,

and then, no, it's exactly what it looked like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grobbo
May 29, 2014

SirDrone posted:

The thing I don't see people talking about which I find loving hilarious is that fifteen years later a young Peter Parker is going to design a cool new costume for his superhero alter ego that bears similarities to either A) Tribe of Spider People in the Amazon or B) A wall crawling maniac that killed a bunch of cops, untold collateral damage and then got a pepsi/fireworks factory to blow up.

I don't blame J Jonah Jameson anymore.

It's not like it's going to be a concern after MW's box office, but it's incredible that the movie clammily attempts to treat the birth of Peter Parker as a momentous event that will have fans hollering from their seats, while also completely devaluing his importance as a character, since NYC will likely have three Spider-Women already running around by the time he shows up and I guess he's just going to rip off their idea?