Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

I like how she brings the exact level of confidence that a prediction like that deserves (none).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Morbius justified its existence with that single Matt Smith dance scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL2FWc29fC0

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Can you convert them into Venom nickels?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Adrianics posted:

I haven't seen Venom 2 but quite enjoyed Venom 1 because it's abundantly clear that Hardy has nothing but contempt for the character. His performance is completely ridiculous, at times he sounds like Droopy, and the script has golden moments like Venom bellowing "ON MY PLANET I AM A LOSER". He reminds me a lot of the extremely goofy version of Venom that's in the PS1 Spider-Man game.

Honestly, I think Hardy enjoys the character. He gets that its an "Odd Couple" alien antihero concept, and he turns each characters' eccentricities up to eleven.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

With all this talk of Madame Web being the superhero genre's version of Cats 2019 I have only one question:

Is there also a Butthole Cut?

(Release the Cats 2019 Butthole Cut, you cowards!!!)

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

CelticPredator posted:

Everyone who made it is a butthole

Now I'm imagining a movie where all the actors' faces are replaced with anuses

Gavok posted:

The version of the movie where the webs come out of the butthole.

Or this

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

vegetables posted:

Cats is like the opposite of CONTENT; that’s one of the reasons I enjoyed it so much— whatever else you can say about it, it is not a movie that plays things safe so much as a movie that lights itself on fire

:same:

Cats is ambitious in its badness. It's a cacophony of colors, sounds, and uncanny valley that can drive the viewer to the brink of madness. There are brief respites of good moments. I really enjoyed Victoria's song, their takes on Mungojerrie, Rumpleteazer, and Mister Mistoffelees, and nothing can ruin SKIMBLESHANKS.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Hasturtium posted:

I don’t drink much these days, but I saw Cats at a mostly empty Studio Movie Grill and suddenly got a spider-sense tingling that I should get a margarita, and doing so made what followed a lot more pleasant

I'm glad I saw it sober to get the full mind-melting effect, but I will definitely rewatch it drunk. It's a movie that deserves to get the same treatment as The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

vegetables posted:

I suppose that’s true. I remember the director saying that with the scene where Rebel Wilson eats a bunch of dancing human cockroaches, their concern was that it shouldn’t come across as too sexy. And, indeed, it doesn’t seem sexy at all

On the other hand, we now know that Gumbie Cats swallow

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Ccs posted:

Superheroes have fallen, now Chalamets will rule the cinema.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

One More Fat Nerd posted:

https://twitter.com/TomZohar/status/1760412432940576946?s=20

Of course they're just cribbing after true classics of design.

lmao

CelticPredator posted:

Tbh everyone clapped when venom bit off Cassidy’s head. poo poo was hilarious

“gently caress THIS GUY!”

Truly one of the greatest moments in 21st Century Cinema. It's right up there with Matt Smith's Morbius dance. And I'm not saying this sarcastically or ironically. I love that both of these things exist. They rule.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Lid posted:

Soon...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

McSpanky posted:

Character embargoes are the dumbest poo poo, my DCAU homies can back me up