Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Pirate Jet posted:

The terrible secret of Morbius is that it’s fine, and certainly no worse than most MCU movies.

I would watch Morbius over the Doctor Strange sequel any day of the week, and I love Sam Raimi. The MCU deserves its reckoning, even though I thought The Marvels was fine-ish, too. Outside of the first Guardians I was getting tired of the MCU all the way back with Iron Man 2.

As for Madame Web... I might use it to justify my Alamo Drafthouse Season Pass subscription, but ehhhhhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

McSpanky posted:

This opinion is so bad it should be grounds for a 72-hour psych hold

Look, the performances of the Wandavision kids in Doctor Strange 2 alone were bad enough to make me wonder why I was wasting my life in the theater, and I watch shot on VHS 80s bullshit on the regular. I’m at work, I can’t lay out all the ways the movie was awful, but lousy as Morbius was, Strange 2 could have been something, and that’s what makes it less pleasant for me.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

No Mods No Masters posted:

Weird, there don't seem to be any reviews out yet, even though it comes out in just 2 days. Huh

I believe this promotional strategy is called “bolting the lid onto the diarrhea cauldron.”

Hasturtium fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 12, 2024

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

Are we really seeing the death throes of live action superhero movies, or is this just a horrible goddamned mess unto itself?

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

Bogus Adventure posted:

:same:

Cats is ambitious in its badness. It's a cacophony of colors, sounds, and uncanny valley that can drive the viewer to the brink of madness. There are brief respites of good moments. I really enjoyed Victoria's song, their takes on Mungojerrie, Rumpleteazer, and Mister Mistoffelees, and nothing can ruin SKIMBLESHANKS.

I don’t drink much these days, but I saw Cats at a mostly empty Studio Movie Grill and suddenly got a spider-sense tingling that I should get a margarita, and doing so made what followed a lot more pleasant