Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Halloween Jack posted:

I remember trying to get into Taboo, but I couldn't because I couldn't understand a single loving word he was saying.

Tom Hardy wants to be Cillian Murphy in Peaky Blinders, so he had the writer of Peaky Blinders write Taboo so he could be Tom Hardy Cillian Murphy in Taboo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

nonathlon posted:

Taboo is not good, but it has such a singleminded dedication that it's very watchable. Tom Hardy stalks into scene. Other characters quaver at the sight of him. One puts up a small bit of resistance. He growls and they run away. A woman propositions him. He reacts the same way. Cut to powerful figure cursing him, wondering how they can defeat him. Repeat.

I like it well enough but I am quite aware that it is a vanity wank. If they ever get around to season 2 I hope they have the balls to hire Cillian Murphy as Taboo Alfie Solomons.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
And now the MCU space stuff is, what, Eternals? Gimme Rom you bastards.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
So, Surf Dracula (part one), then? That's some egregious poo poo, man.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
By all accounts, this movie is indeed a big job.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

khwarezm posted:

I can't help but suspect that Dakota Johnson's give no fucks attitude in what's meant to be the promotional tour is coloured in part by a bunch of other actresses in a similar position in their careers hyping up Dune 2 and the buzz surrounding that movie. I bet she really wishes her previous agent got her a role as Princess Irulan or Lady Fenring instead of... Cassandra Webb.

She jumped in being 50 Shades poo poo. Like she wanted to clear her poo poo straight up/full at start. She don't get a second starter go, c'mon man. She knows.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Road to Perdition in 2002.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Babylon A.D. in 2008.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
This just makes me think can a rich person finance a Uwe Boll movie versus a Werner Herzog movie 25m each and either coin flip or Werner gets to choose running order but sight unseen.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Vegetable posted:

This thread is preoccupied with what the actresses think. Multiple pages of inane poo poo like “I bet she regrets starring in this instead of Dune” or “I bet she wishes she got a superhero movie earlier.” I doubt it’s deliberate but you don’t see the same type of discussion about male-led bombs.

Jared Leto can gently caress off and stay that way.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
March 14th is International Save a Spider day. Missed opportunity. :argh:

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
About half way through, Jesus this is bad. The line readings though, gently caress me, the line readings.

She has gone to Peru. :psyduck:

Edit the second: The trees are the same 30 years later. THE TREES ARE THE SAME THIRTY YEARS LATER! :psypop:

Monica Bellucci fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Mar 20, 2024

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
The bad guy just ran sideways on a building and didn't fall off.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

josh04 posted:

duh, he's spiderman

Spiderman maintains contact :colbert:

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
At least there isn't a sky beam.

PEPSI COLA

Edit: "It's not safe to land, you'll have to get high" AHAHAHA JESUS

I have had to pause to stop laughing. The bad guy was destroyed by (girl) P.

Monica Bellucci fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 20, 2024

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Oh Jesus that was dreadful. Finishing on Dolores made me laugh as well. No loving cat at the end though, boooo.

Honestly the best parts were the line readings and the dopey aranjas dudes at the start, evoking real cheap unga bunga scenes from gloriously crappy B movies of yore.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
The sequence with Jill Hennessy is astonishingly gently caress stupid and has many line readings beamed in from several galaxies over.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
I reckon it depends on the order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Huge complaint of mine is people not really eating/drinking but yeah it's hell on continuity.

Go watch Big Night (again?).