Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I remember trying to get into Taboo, but I couldn't because I couldn't understand a single loving word he was saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'm just assuming they gave his Peaky Blinders character lung cancer to justify him talking like that.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

It has the exact energy of a Steven Seagal movie from the late 80s, it rules.
How? Does he run funny or something?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Madame Web is a Marvel movie. It is a film based on Marvel Comics.

I'm sure that if the movie were successful, you'd be seeing these characters again. If it were an Official Marvel Cinematic UniverseTM movie and still did this badly, you probably wouldn't see these characters again.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I wonder if actors in her position feel like they just missed their shot by a few years. Like, Anne Hathaway was an indie darling and then played Catwoman and that certainly didn't hurt her, whereas now people are tired of (or at least used to) superhero movies and the ones coming out are pieces of poo poo.

This is kind of a different case because come on, she starred in all three Fifty Shades movies.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Grendels Dad posted:

If you agree to star in Madame Web because you were led to believe you're getting more roles, you have been hosed over.
That's true. However, that's not what happened here. The actors who appeared in Madame Web agreed to do so because they were paid, with money. Making several million dollars to appear in a lovely movie is a successful venture. Nobody is owed a media career, and getting one prestigious role after another is not, like, the natural state of an actor. Profiting a few million dollars when you expected to profit tens of millions is not a tort or a tragedy.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Mar 7, 2024

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I'm not saying Dakota Johnson doesn't think she got hosed over. It's just that she wasn't. A few million dollars is a lot of money.

CelticPredator posted:

Any person with a brain would know to not take a job making a movie of a d list superhero character from the studio who made Morbius. But yet here we are.
You wouldn't take a multimillion dollar paycheck to star in Darkhawk? Are you already independently wealthy?

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Mar 7, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

josh04 posted:

I dont think I can buy that "Yelena Belova" is a better career move than "Madame Web".

Also it should be illegal to name your character "Youregonna Loveher".
Dearly Belovad, we are gathered here today...