Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Tom Hardy is a weirdo and apparently loves doing funny voices in movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Just wait until this makes a Webillion dollars

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So the Spider-Girls don't even get costumes in the movie and the shots we see are like brief future glimpses lol

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

josh04 posted:

If I had to hazard a guess, originally he had a motivation that wasn't "they're all gonna kill me in the future", probably something to do with control over the magic spider that makes spider-people. In the dream sequence there's a line about them stealing it and the sequence itself has been totally mashed up in a way that suggests it used to be completely different.

The leaks revolved around him trying to kill Peter before he's born and the Spider-Girls were protecting him. Which makes complete sense instead of him having a vision that they would kill him so he wants to kill them first.

Also brings some urgency to the birth scene which they tried to put a bunch of drama around but it really didn't matter except for an easter egg.

So I think a lot was changed from him trying to get through the girls to kill Mary before Peter is born to just wanting to kill them because otherwise they kill him in the future.