Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

"Her web connects them all", what an awful tagline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Hasturtium posted:

I would watch Morbius over the Doctor Strange sequel any day of the week, and I love Sam Raimi.

This opinion is so bad it should be grounds for a 72-hour psych hold

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

massive spider posted:

The rumour I've heard is theres some kind of contract clause with marvel that means only one live action Peter Parker Spiderman can be around at a time, hence why the baby is never named. This combined with the other rumour that the original plot was some kind of thing centring around the predicted birth of Peter Parker suggests that was the case of the awful ADR/villain with no motivation stuff.

if thats the case though it would be wild to think the movie got that far into production before someone was like 'uh, guys...'

Character embargoes are the dumbest poo poo, my DCAU homies can back me up

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

It sucked finding out that Sweeney got all enthusiastic for her character and was really down for the Julia Cornwall spinoff until this bombed. (Answering a question from way back in the thread, Carpenter is her married name.) The Julia Carpenter Spider-Woman is one of my favorite B-tier Marvel characters, it's probably gonna be a long time before she gets another chance on the big screen.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Grendels Dad posted:

I hope Sydney Sweeny's career goes well and she finds a lot of success, it will make coming back to this much more interesting knowing she was ready and willing to go all in on her character and THAT is what they made of it.

Big same, what a lost opportunity.