Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Neo Rasa posted:

I'm hoping it's outright terrible, boring would be even worse.

whatever the others have been none of them were boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

well now i know it's going to be good

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

GateOfD posted:

I heard there’s a scene where one mentions she always wanted to be a Girl Scout while around a campfire, then they leave and they all just leave the fire burning

well if she always wanted to be a girl scout then she never was, so that makes sense

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Gripweed posted:

Yeah it’s called dramatic irony.

yeah this is being described as if it's some kind of gaff but it's clearly just...that's the joke

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

GateOfD posted:

you were waiting for the next showing to see it twice, you're cursed to

that doesn't work, you have to pay twice you little money piggy

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

khwarezm posted:

I can't help but suspect that Dakota Johnson's give no fucks attitude in what's meant to be the promotional tour is coloured in part by a bunch of other actresses in a similar position in their careers hyping up Dune 2 and the buzz surrounding that movie. I bet she really wishes her previous agent got her a role as Princess Irulan or Lady Fenring instead of... Cassandra Webb.

Dune was not a big hit. It didn’t even make its money back domestically. It made a modest 400 million worldwide for 12th place on they year, slightly behind Eternals and Sing 2

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

SolarFire2 posted:

I think they mainly aren't interested in movies that suck.

I think the evidence is very strongly against this

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

I liked the part at the end where the baddie calls her a webcrawler, but she’s like “I’m not a webcrawler… I’m a netscape navigator!” and then uses the future to pwn him.

gently caress now i can't watch this movie without being disappointed

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

you did it it better but i got there first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

CelticPredator posted:

I do not understand what’s to argue about saying people cared about venom which lead to their choices that made the film interesting. What made it good was the fact that Hardy went for it and got weird with his choices and fought for those choices, because he cared.

What’s the problem with saying cared lol

it's just that you can care and still suck, or just gently caress something up, and you can not give a poo poo and still be a pro. quality or lack of it isn't any evidence of how much you "care"