Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

living with a packrat maxxinista occasionally has its perks. not like, useful perks, but sometimes said packrat scurries back into the burrow with a real wtf treasure. behold:

retail value :eyepop:$104, tj maxx price $6

how’s my hair feeling? pretty good actually. like a fancy little dog that just won best of show

still though, who the gently caress is out there paying $104 +tax for conditioner? let alone paring it with the matching $95 dollar shampoo. ain’t no head of hair worth all that jazz :guillotine:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
I've got genitals too, but for some reason you're not talking about them?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Unkempt posted:

I've got genitals too, but for some reason you're not talking about them?

sorry buddy, but you gotta toss that in a shadow box and put it up at a yard sale or something if you want your junk to have any chance of showing up in an official what delightful horror has mrs mammal dragged home today review. better be prepared to haggle. warning you now, she’s vicious

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I've been shaving my head since the early 2000s, don't ask me

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
c*nditioner

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Smugworth posted:

feeling sad for your many sexual partners who will never know the silky tickle of ball hair that feels like a hundred bux. leaving nothing but a deep swath of v05 scented disappointment in your wake

baja gaijin
Jan 30, 2024

the in my opinion v nice hair conditioner (L'Oreal Paris EverStrong) I get is $8 for 250 ml but nobody ever has it in stock. pisses me off. could not imagine paying $100 for such a product

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

TrashMammal posted:

I hate to be the spoil sport but TJ Maxx price is basically the "normal" price for the product. A lot of the products they sell there tend to only be sold there and in like one other store on some industrial estate which is operated by the manufacturer and sells them at the "retail value". This way when the products are sold in TJ Maxx for $6 they can say that the product is marked then by an extreme amount and make you think you're getting an insane bargain.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Chrs posted:

I hate to be the spoil sport but TJ Maxx price is basically the "normal" price for the product. A lot of the products they sell there tend to only be sold there and in like one other store on some industrial estate which is operated by the manufacturer and sells them at the "retail value". This way when the products are sold in TJ Maxx for $6 they can say that the product is marked then by an extreme amount and make you think you're getting an insane bargain.

no way, you’re telling me they setup these elaborate pricing schemes for suckers? mind blown. never would have guessed

baja gaijin
Jan 30, 2024

Chrs posted:

this is a case for a great deal of the products they stock esp. home goods but when it comes to cosmetics/fragrances they actually do get some insane markdowns like this one - very few and far between though so I don't bother going

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Smugworth posted:

Last time I got a haircut they charged me $26. Now I just use a trimmer in my back yard. I'm a middle aged guy who has to wear a hair net at work anyways.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

TrashMammal posted:

still though, who the gently caress is out there paying $104 +tax for conditioner? let alone paring it with the matching $95 dollar shampoo. ain’t no head of hair worth all that jazz :guillotine:
Wait, you're not using it without the matching shampoo, are you?? Your hair isn't gonna be nearly volumized enough to handle that conditioner safely.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

TrashMammal posted:

living with a packrat maxxinista occasionally has its perks. not like, useful perks, but sometimes said packrat scurries back into the burrow with a real wtf treasure. behold:

how’s my hair feeling? pretty good actually. like a fancy little dog that just won best of show

id bribe bae w this conditioner in lieu of going out to eat 100%

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I don't use conditioner, when I'm in the shower I just spit up into the air and then let it land on my head then massage it in, and the grease from the pizzas I eat does the rest

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Mane and tail is strong enough to wash poo poo out out a horses tail. It's made for it.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Toxic Mental posted:

I don't use conditioner, when I'm in the shower I just spit up into the air and then let it land on my head then massage it in, and the grease from the pizzas I eat does the rest

flea market pencilhands

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Anderson Koopa posted:

Last time I got a haircut they charged me $26. Now I just use a trimmer in my back yard. I'm a middle aged guy who has to wear a hair net at work anyways.

Last time I did the sides of my head, multiple coworkers the next day said: "Wow, your hair looks great! Did you do it yourself?"

You praise the haircut with enough enthusiasm that I believe it comes from a genuine place, but you could immediately tell it was done by a layman whose other hand was holding a mirror up to a mirror?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Matlack Radio posted:

Last time I did the sides of my head, multiple coworkers the next day said: "Wow, your hair looks great! Did you do it yourself?"

You praise the haircut with enough enthusiasm that I believe it comes from a genuine place, but you could immediately tell it was done by a layman whose other hand was holding a mirror up to a mirror?

:owned:

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

satanic splash-back posted:

Mane and tail is strong enough to wash poo poo out out a horses tail. It's made for it.

Mane'n Tail owns.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

TrashMammal posted:

Aveda has a bunch that are $160 for the same amount (1 liter), for example: https://www.aveda.com/product/5293/71187/hair-care/conditioner/nutriplenish-conditioner-deep-moisture?size=33.8_fl_oz%2F1_litre. And that's just the conditioner.

Cymoril
Jul 1, 2005

Kittens Warm the World
Dinosaur Gum

Bula Vinaka posted:

Aveda has a bunch that are $160 for the same amount (1 liter), for example: https://www.aveda.com/product/5293/71187/hair-care/conditioner/nutriplenish-conditioner-deep-moisture?size=33.8_fl_oz%2F1_litre. And that's just the conditioner.

Aveda makes my hair feel like straw.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Cymoril posted:

It's not formulated for poor people's hair. You don't have a hearty enough pH for it.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
If you're in poofy frizzy hair hell, 100 dollars may not sound that bad, if you think that's going to get you out of it. especially in winter with the dry air.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

nice obelisk idiot posted:

If you're in poofy frizzy hair hell, 100 dollars may not sound that bad, if you think that's going to get you out of it. especially in winter with the dry air.

I didn't come here to be attacked.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
My hair gets frizzy as hell because I break a lot of them off when shampooing and conditioning.

Its curly and if I don't wash it every day it tangles and I pretty much have to yank it out to get some of the tangles out.

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

conditioner isnt real. u dont need it. its akll lies from the big coniditioner lobby

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Cymoril posted:

straws of solid, well conditioned gold

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
For $100 it shouldn't just be a conditioner, it should also be a shampoo and body wash.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Three Olives posted:

For $100 it shouldn't just be a conditioner, it should also be a shampoo and body wash.

it should be things that do a different task?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

all hair products are body products if you’re fuzzy enough

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

im bald op this thread is offensive

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ /

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

That's a good deal!

Amazon sells it for 40 bux

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Doctor Butts posted:

That's a good deal!

Amazon sells it for 40 bux

they probably sell it with extra bad chemicals under the same label

or its a flat out counterfeit

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

TrashMammal posted:

‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ /

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv5lYwO5IlU

moist banana bread
Dec 17, 2023

banana Jake!

Unkempt posted:

I've got genitals

why? think of all the conditioner you could save.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

:colbert:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
How’s it work for tuggin though?

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

How’s it work for tuggin though?

thats why it cost a lot, its incognito but main purpose is for tuggin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

wesleywillis posted:

My hair gets frizzy as hell because I break a lot of them off when shampooing and conditioning.

Its curly and if I don't wash it every day it tangles and I pretty much have to yank it out to get some of the tangles out.

I have wavy, baby-fine hair and the best thing I ever did for my hair was to alternate shampoo/conditioner days.

M-W-F : shampoo
T-Th-S : conditioner
on Sundays I rinse the poo poo out of my hair but otherwise leave it as is.

Worf posted:

they probably sell it with extra bad chemicals under the same label

or its a flat out counterfeit

I ordered Aveda from Amazon once, and it was wildly different than the regular stuff I had at the time. Much thinner, slightly lighter color, and a different/gassy smell. As should be reiterated in any thread about products: gently caress Amazon