Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

bunch of victims are kids
a lot of people got hurt in the stampede
several gunshot wounds
apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Turdfuzz posted:

several gunshot wounds
apparently

https://twitter.com/CodyKMBC/status/1757899903588589619

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jesus Christ he shot 9 kids? He opened fire into a crowd of KIDS?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
:america: :smith:

I was just talking in another thread this morning that part of why I don’t like Valentines Day (Aside from being a single goon) is it’s the date of the Stoneman Douglas shooting and I had family there.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

Jesus Christ he shot 9 kids? He opened fire into a crowd of KIDS?

They claim there are 3 people in custody, so it may have been more than that shooting loving kids

I have to wonder now if the kids were minorities. This is the hosed up country we live in now.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
You really don't have to think about that. A bunch of kids got shot because guns are widely available without scrutiny or accountability. The solutions are obvious so the only thing that matters is figuring how to arrive at those solutions.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I bet this is a drug deal or a bar fight or really violent drunks that spilled over into into the crowd

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
How about for once we wait for more information instead of speculating.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Wait more than 15 minutes after it happened? Argh, I can't wait!

It sounds dire but I really wish it ain't and everyone hanging on makes it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

22 people shot, 2 now dead

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Do you know where you are?

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I. M. Gei posted:

I'm hoping that's because those cops knew that there were other cops closer to the scene who were already on their way over to arrest the guy.

Lol

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Or maybe it’s because they were just standing there

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

I. M. Gei posted:

I'm hoping that's because those cops knew that there were other cops closer to the scene who were already on their way over to arrest the guy.

hahaha

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Apparently all children are not considered in critical condition and are expected to make a full recovery.

Some of the injured were from the press of people, not gunshots apparently.

This guy should get season tickets for life

https://twitter.com/BillSchammert/status/1757928365179199917

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

kiimo posted:

Apparently all children are not considered in critical condition and are expected to make a full recovery.

Some of the injured were from the press of people, not gunshots apparently.

Real silver lining, but eh, still gently caress

Not like there’s ever a good time or place for a mass shooting, but the pulse one hosed me up especially bad as a gay guy who tangentially knew one of the dead, and a celebratory event being scarred like this is hosed. I was rooting hard against the chiefs but it’s a shame this will be hanging over this super bowl forever

(Hope it goes without saying that it’s far, far more hosed up for the victims and their loved ones and bystanders affected and everyone impacted)

just sucks, fuckin america

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Pontius Pilate posted:

but it’s a shame this will be hanging over this super bowl forever

It'll be forgotten inside a month by everyone outside kc.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sounding like this all started with a verbal argument between two groups, two grown mean vs like five teenagers

quote:

2.5 hours ago, I posted about Travis Kelce being drunk. That doesn't matter at all.

Witness who was standing directly behind the first shooting as it happened on
@DanaAndParks

Says it started as a verbal argument between two larger men and 5 younger people.

quote:

The group of 5 had masks & hoodies on.

Says he thought it was over as the groups started walking away from each other.

That's when one of the group of 5 turned back, pointed his book bag toward the larger men & opened fire.

Says it sounded like a fully automatic gun.

quote:

Believes the initial victim died, a number of people in the area were injured by the gun fire.

Says a second shooting happened not far away.

Says he had to piece it together while talking with his wife on the phone after running.

Just wanted to find his family.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I. M. Gei posted:

Cops tend to be cowards until there's either overwhelming force or until the shooting seems to stop, or sometimes both! (like in Uvalde)

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1757886988965814454

well poo poo, I just got home to find somebodys shot a bunch of kids, this isn't ideal

nopants
May 29, 2004

Turdfuzz posted:

several gunshot wounds
apparently

yah all the schools give the kids the day off so they can go the parade and then this happens

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It'll be forgotten inside a month by everyone outside kc.

true, ‘murica

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://x.com/jacksonkmbc9/status/1757930007660261634?s=46&t=lsDoWNTuhOQoRWbL6s6fwA

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

kiimo posted:

Sounding like this all started with a verbal argument between two groups, two grown mean vs like five teenagers

Oh cool so it was just regular Kansas City street violence instead of the also regular American domestic terrorism violence.

Happened right outside where I worked up until last summer too

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Is there anything more American than a mass shooting at the Super Bowl victory parade?

Need to make sure the victims are minorities and/or poor. The foundation is definitely solid though.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

those are some hot takes

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Very normal discourse itt

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Very normal discourse itt

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Not wrong, however

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Fat Jesus posted:

those are some hot takes

What.. about it was wrong?

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

if normal discourse did anything we wouldn't still be having these shootings happen regularly, so all people can do is make dark jokes and snarky comments which look mostly true anyway

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

I. M. Gei posted:

https://x.com/pastoralcomical/status/1266098150626000896?s=20

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

USA! USA!

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

There is almost nothing I can say about this situation that belongs in this board instead of CSPAM.
Just...loving hell.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I. M. Gei posted:

lmao

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Sometimes the only hope you can cling to is false hope.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Nosre posted:

if normal discourse did anything we wouldn't still be having these shootings happen regularly, so all people can do is make dark jokes and snarky comments which look mostly true anyway

This is pretty accurate, at this point it feels like there's not much else to do.

One thing I've learned from this specific kind of incident is that most gun crime is from small arguments between people who just happen to have guns and guess what happens next. This is specifically a different situation that domestic terrorism and semi-automatic weapons. Guns rights advocates will bring up this point when people want to eliminate access to automatic and semi-automatic weapons, like its some kind of 'gotcha'. Which is also grim, in a different way.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The onion is forever prescient.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Mr. Nice! posted:

The onion is forever prescient.

It always is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
See also after W was elected “Our long national nightmare of peace and prosperity is finally over” and “After Obama Victory, Shrieking White-Hot Sphere Of Pure Rage Early GOP Front-Runner For 2016”