Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

solarjetman posted:

Maybe I missed this because I wasn't in the GDT but: the Chiefs let the game clock run down all the way to 7 seconds before throwing the TD pass on first and goal. Would the game have ended if the game clock had run out before they scored?

No. It’s been covered, but the OT rule means you start a new game, so it was effectively a new 1st quarter. It’s why they didn’t have a 2 minute warning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

solarjetman posted:

Maybe I missed this because I wasn't in the GDT but: the Chiefs let the game clock run down all the way to 7 seconds before throwing the TD pass on first and goal. Would the game have ended if the game clock had run out before they scored?

No, they just flip the field and play another quarter.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

solarjetman posted:

No.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

solarjetman posted:

a new quarter would have started

honestly I don't even know why they have a clock to begin with

edit: oh I guess to flip the field?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i am both disgusted with the inevitable decade of chiefs domination and also rooting for mahomes to destroy every record ever held by tom brady

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Cthulu Carl posted:

Saw a Bayer Aspirin commercial like yesterday that was a bunch of stressed sports fans and a statistic that heart attack risk increases when Your Team is playing.

Grim lol of a commercial.

I'm glad my team is intentionally playing terrible to protect my health, very kind of them.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

solarjetman posted:

Nope, would've just flipped fields, timer is to give a mandatory timeout and flip field sides. First teams' possessions are basically untimed.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Dr_Strangelove posted:

I may have died :rip:

I’m too old for this much football drama

Literally almost giving myself a heart attack watching the infamous way the Rangers lost game 6 of the 2011 World Series put sports in perspective for me. I mostly now just enjoy the drama and :lol: at Clownball when it happens. If my team happens to make the championship game/round I just doom post, as :xie:, Kawalimus, and Cubs fans would want.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

solarjetman posted:

No, they talked about that and Tony Romo actually proved useful explaining that cause when I see a ticking clock I'm like wtf are you doing??

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

raditts posted:

They cut it off before SpongeBob named the NVP though, this is an outrage

No, they had it at the end. Mahomes won NVP. He also won MVP but NVP is more prestigious.

https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status/1756889165176668472

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

The fun thing about niners fans is a good % of them act like what people think raiders fans act like.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

It was nice of Taylor swift to have one of the pumpkin head people in her kelce box.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Dr_Strangelove posted:

I may have died :rip:

I’m too old for this much football drama

the last time I got that was when I was waiting in a rental car line at an airport while my mom was dying

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
SF DC probably should have been ready for that

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1756891154132431320

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kadarius Toney has 2 superbowl rings.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

solarjetman posted:

No, it's like the first quarter unless that team scored, in which its not like the first quarter at all, in that the game is over.

Yeah

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Butker should've won both rewards imo, he was the clutch element that kept the Chiefs alive. Mahomes was kinda rear end until the 49ers D wore down. It'd be like giving Purdy MVP if the 49ers won even though Vols Legend Juaun Jennings was the main reason the 49ers offense was even in it, despite Shanny's idiotic refusal to Establish The Run.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

BlindSite posted:

Kadarius Toney has 2 superbowl rings.

Did he actually get on the field for the other one?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Grittybeard posted:

I do not know why the Ravens and 49ers both didn't just run the ball down the Chiefs throats all day. For the Ravens I guess maybe it was planned to be Lamar's coming out party or something, but Brock Purdy doesn't need to prove anything

lamar still needs to prove something?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
New av material here.

https://x.com/DrawPlayDave/status/1756888706936611013?s=20

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

In my defense melting down so hard over a football game you tell someone to kill themself is really, really funny.

i'm split between vaguely aghast and laughing yeah

like it's a television show?? im sorry the season finale sucked???

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

solarjetman posted:

Nah it would just go to the next quarter like the transition from first to second.

E: beaten half a dozen times.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

a new quarter would have started

honestly I don't even know why they have a clock to begin with

edit: oh I guess to flip the field?

They would still have a half time / game break if they went 2 quarters without breaking the tie.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Nantz and Romo were god awful tonight and capped it off with the most languid call I’ve ever heard on the last play.

Bring SpongeBob to network next time

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Everything surrounding this tweet is like a dark Veep episode

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The broadcast was truly awful. So many flubs, wrong names. Bad Romo singing and impressions.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

solarjetman posted:

My understanding was that no, it wouldn't, but it would have been the funniest moment of all time if it had.

The greatest sicko moment in NFL history

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i haven't listened to a lot of romo because i only watch my dogshit team. he is horrible. worse than aikman. he's in the Schlereth Zone. Jim. Jim. Jim.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
So many interesting permutations here …..

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
Leverage

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The Chiefs saw Biden's shadow, better prepare for four more years of COVID.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

R.D. Mangles posted:

i haven't listened to a lot of romo because i only watch my dogshit team. he is horrible. worse than aikman. he's in the Schlereth Zone. Jim. Jim. Jim.

i like Romo :smith:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Borsche69 posted:

lamar still needs to prove something?

I'm for sure not saying he does, just maybe that was supposed to be his day to shine was the plan? I get that everyone was broken for Baltimore with injuries, but it was kinda working when they did it now and then and at no point did they really need to panic.

I mean right up until they did of course, but they didn't need to earlier.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
remembrer the brief moment we got to lol at MVS for running 8 yards backwards. just live in that moment, the rest of the game didn't happen

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

lol Kyle Shanahan

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

That was tedious and sucked to watch.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Honestly the game started out bad but this ended really well

I was the only one rooting for the Chiefs at the party I was at and it felt oh so good when Mahomes threw that TD

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Darth Brooks posted:

My son started watching the game in the middle of the 3rd quarter and instantly started cheering for the 49ers. He was devastated when they lost and couldn't figure out why the game was over with three seconds left (He's seven and it was way past his bed time.)

Good game. It's hard to blame the 49ers for losing, the Chiefs gutted it out and were just that little bit better.

Tbf idk either. Why didn’t they play out the 3 seconds

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Intruder posted:

remembrer the brief moment we got to lol at MVS for running 8 yards backwards. just live in that moment, the rest of the game didn't happen

Thanks, brother. This is a good place to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

C. Everett Koop posted:

travis kelce physically assaulted his coach and is on the vax which we all know is super steroids super mega ultra steroids and instead of being imprisoned and executed for his crimes is treated as a hero instead of trump smh

https://x.com/NickAdamsinUSA/status/1756896985901056062?s=20