Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

So this is what, the fourth chefs SB win? 3 with Pat and the Hank Stram one?

Close game that was won by some decisions, a blocked XP and some clutch plays by Pat and his crew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Sex Farm posted:

My dad got so mad when Kelce got in andy reids face early on. He kept talking about it all game

In postgame interview on SportsCenter, Kelce said he was telling Reid how much he supported him in a loud angry fratbro kind of way. That's his story anyway.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Feels weird because this is around the point where I went from rooting for Tom Brady and the scrappy Patriots to starting to hate them, but that hasn't happened to me with the Chiefs yet. Maybe because I like some of the gimmicky Magic Johnson kind of stuff that Pat does, his game has pizzazz that I enjoy.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I like the play call on the winning TD. The fact that they ran it immediately after the Kelce first down and the fact that it was the same type of play to close out last year’s SB suggests they had it prepared for that situation, if they got down around the ten yard line or so.

If they had called a time out before running it the 49ers probably have a much better chance defending it. But doing it with tempo like that means the defense kind of just has to jump in there and react, and the likelihood of them biting on the in/out fake by the receiver was high. It is a good play design, executed well and in the right situation.

Was it clear what Kelce was saying during his outburst on the sideline? Was he mainly mad about not getting the ball thrown to him, or what?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Gatts posted:

I wonder where and what the players ate and drank while in Vegas. It has a good food scene, off strip too.

I would enjoy watching a bunch of linemen destroy the buffet at Caesar’s or Bellagio.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Strobe posted:

the list of teams that have lost to Mahomes after being up by 10 points is a lot longer than it should be.

I remember turning on the Chiefs vs. Texans in the playoffs and watching the Texans go up by 3 TDs and thinking "well I guess I can find something else to do with my afternoon", but then watching a little longer and the Chiefs erased that deficit in what seemed like about two minutes of game time, and then proceeded to bury the Texans. Granted the Chiefs offense was a lot more potent then, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Doctor Teeth posted:

The Daniel Sorensen Game

I just watched the highlights for this game and Pat was slinging dimes early on but the Chiefs receivers dropped a metric ton of passes until they got it together. Hardman and Sammy Watkins had pretty decent games and Kelce went Super Saiyan.