Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fukken lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thats almost 32 kph jeezum

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sex Farm posted:

He was doing the "will I or won't I play another season" for like five solid years. Everyone was sick of his poo poo. The vikings season, is fans were on board because he had one of the best seasons of his career, and got us to the NFC championship. It was still weird rooting for a guy you've hated for so long, but whatever. Iirc the next year he was retired and the vikings convinced him to come back during like the preseason so he wasn't in shape and sucked and was not a great followup to the previous year by any stretch

He had the best year of his career IIRC and had his absolute best year of managing the ball by a huge margin which is why him punching the ticket to ride the ride one final time costing them the season and arguably the super bowl is so funny

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sex Farm posted:

Anyway, looping back to the Superbowl that just happened: I am glad it didn't end with that initial field goal

Same

Sex Farm posted:

But it DIDNT COST THEM THE SEASON!!! IT WENT TO OT AND THE VIKINGS NEVER TOUCHED THE BALL AAARGH

Harvin and Peterson both fumbled at really bad times and the saints really should have won by like, several touchdowns. I can take a good rear end-kicking but don't jerk me around and have the game end in OT like that

If you never touch the ball again its kind out of the funslingers fun.

But yeah, it would have been perfection if that interception had been run back for a pick 6.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sex Farm posted:

I'm not saying favre wasn't responsible, he just was like one of five different people who deserved the blame for that loss.

I've talked to saints fans who remember it as a favre pick 6 or a favre pick that set up a saints fg at the end and yeah I think that's fair to remember it like that. Might as well.

The favre being favre narrative is a much better story than the Vikings having no business being in the game and losing in OT immediately to a saints field goal. And also, gently caress favre in general

Yeah, the actual reality is a bit boring as a bunch of other things had to happen before and after, including the NFL having profoundly stupid overtime rules and pure luck deciding the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Toaster Beef posted:

it's cool be alive to see GOAT QB play happen but lovely to be a fan of literally any other team while it's happening

like i'm gonna be a dad in two months and i can't help but think one day a long time from now they're gonna be like "oh man you got to see brady AND mahomes in his prime, what was that like" and i'll talk about how special and unbelievably talented those dudes were and how they broke the game but the untold truth is gonna be "it kinda sucked"

Dont worry, some dude named Luffy Galvin Otsuka who right now is 7 years old is going to set the all time rushing yardage for a QB in back to back seasons on his way to a stunning superbowl upset over the Berlin Jets and your kid will only ask you why you ever thought Mahomes could ball in the modern NFL.