Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
"I blacked out when I caught the ball" :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

That show was great.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1756891154132431320

https://twitter.com/ArifHasanNFL/status/1757013523966697923

These both seem like coaching issues to me.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

shyduck posted:

Just heard a clip of Shanahan saying they took possession because their strategy was predicated on having the 3rd possession

Simply breathtaking

Meanwhile Chiefs have confirmed they were gonna go for 2. Whooooooof.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

cp91886 posted:

it's a legit consideration though, it's basically a delayed version of winning the coin toss by the old sudden death OT rules. Probably doesn't outweigh giving Mahomes the ball with the extra information but I don't think it's an immediate no-brainer.

Thing is if the 49ers scored a TD, the Chiefs planned to go for 2. There wasn't gonna be a third possession either way.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The only real problem I have with Shanahan is some minor situational stuff that can hit any coach and is mostly judging based on the result anyway aaaaaand spending all that capital on Trey Lance just to dump him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm actually genuinely curious if they get a "halftime", as in, a longer break between 2OT and 3OT.