Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

That game-winning route was that same jet motion the Eagles bit on twice in last year's SB so I felt that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Kyle Shanahan not having his team up on the Super Bowl overtime rules is an all-timer

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

This reminds me of Donovan McNabb not realizing that you could tie in the regular season in OT until a game ended like that while he was on offense.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYqwZRVQ6eg

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Every Super Bowl should have a new mystery rule, kinda like the Iron Chef mystery ingredient

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Bosa and Young both played great but Mahomes is Mahomes, dude ascends to a different level when needed

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Another halftime. Usher would've came back out

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Just heard a clip of Shanahan saying they took possession because their strategy was predicated on having the 3rd possession

Simply breathtaking

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

fsif posted:

A football thing I've accepted but never really fully understood is how defenses get gassed but offenses don't.
I never played organized football but my guess in general is it's much harder physically and mentally to have to guess and react versus when you're on the offense and you know what your role and route is

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

My ultimate takeaway, and I partially have Jon Bois to credit for this, if you don't want to deal with the wackiness of overtime, don't let it get to overtime. There were some choices made on that final Niners drive in regulation that helped lead to this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://x.com/normcharlatan/status/1757407346924322904?s=20