Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
lmao get hosed 9ers

Seriously though, 9ers win that game by a lot if every call of theirs is a run play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
just lmao that Kittle getting the shits caused a backup TE to go in and get a holding penalty

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

wilderthanmild posted:

Wait is that really what he left for?

Not officially, they were calling it a shoulder sprain, which caused him to waddle back to the locker room for about 3 minutes before he came back out and went back into the game.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

socketwrencher posted:

It's too bad that the Niners couldn't hit one of the longer passes they attempted early on, which might have been able to loosen up the D a bit- seems like KC had no fear of the long ball.

If Purdy could hit a deep ball consistently they would have won by double digits. His skill set for now is short passes to players that YAC the hell out of the other team, and the occasional scramble for 10-40 yards when the other team forgets to keep him hemmed in the pocket.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

facialimpediment posted:

The more I rewatch that play, the more I'm kinda fascinated by it. I keep looking at SF's #54 (Warner, Linebacker) as he'd be the edge-setter if it wasn't Bosa. And Warner hugs the line, then immediately grabs the slot receiver as he passes off Kelce to a corner. Bosa could've been expecting Warner to play as the Edge, but Warner didn't as he had that coverage duty on the slot when it became clear it was a pass play.

Kelce/Bosa hit the same area so quick I have no idea if Kelce made a read to let Bosa go, or his job was always to get out into the flat and abandon blocking. Sure looked like with Warner in coverage, it was Bosa or something.

I think Kelce has the option to hit Bosa if Bosa stays home to try to clear a lane near the edge, but if that happens, Mahomes has one other free defender to get past since that defender no longer has to defend the Kelce route. Watch #33 on defense, if he doesn't have to cover Kelce, he's got a shot at stopping Mahomes. I'm assuming here that Reid wants that matchup more than Bosa having a shot at him.

Overall, pretty good design if the other team hasn't seen this before - probably a ~75% chance that Bosa gets sucked in by the pre-snap motion, formation, and blocking fakes, which means Mahomes has a 2v1 to the right, play probably succeeds 90% of the time (accounting for a potential drop, potential CB blitz off that side, bad snap, etc.); in the event Bosa stays home, Kelce blocks, Mahomes has to beat #33 for the first, somewhere around a 50/50 shot, Mahomes is fast and knows the game is on the line so he's sacrificing everything to get it. So like roughly 80% chance you get the first there.