Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dr_Strangelove posted:

I may have died :rip:

I’m too old for this much football drama

Saw a Bayer Aspirin commercial like yesterday that was a bunch of stressed sports fans and a statistic that heart attack risk increases when Your Team is playing.

Grim lol of a commercial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Technowrite posted:

Nickelodeon made that broadcast 100 percent more bearable thanks to no politics and no Jesus foot fetish ads.

"Does anyone need a MAP to the ENDZONE?" killed me, though.

Every super bowl needs a Nickelodeon broadcast, that poo poo ruled so hard

Dora's other good line of the night was "Where are we going?" *Clapclapclap* "BACK FIVE YARDS!" After a false start.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The trophies should have little confetti angels around them

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Radia posted:

they should make a 16-bit pixel version of nfl games for completely broken brains like me

It's called Legend Bowl.

If you wanna go down to 8-bit there's Retro Bowl.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dutchy posted:

It's not licensed or anything obviously but yeah, Legend Bowl is cool

IIRC there's mods for Legend Bowl that give you the real teams and current rosters, but I enjoy the bootleg teams and weird names too much

Edit: gently caress, there's a College Bowl dropping this year too

Cthulu Carl fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Feb 12, 2024

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

kiimo posted:

Butker had a nutso year.

Spongebob and Patrick were giving special teams the respect it deserves.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

C. Everett Koop posted:

Flashbacks of Penn St/Illinois OT futility.

Spongebob, Patrick, and Dora were already punchy as gently caress at the start of OT, imagine how they'd be at the end of 5OT and staring down the barrel of 6OT

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

trevorreznik posted:

I turned into Sam Neill in the movie theater watching that

You grabbed Laura Dern's head to get her to stop looking at a plant so she could see the real poo poo?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I didn't really give a poo poo about the Chiefs winning or Travis Kelce, but watching Jason Kelce, freed from the chains of being a player and instead being a drunken, sloppy, cheerful orangutan has been a joy.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Asproigerosis posted:

Tony Romo would loving ruin the spot yapping about some dumb poo poo

Tony constantly breaking kayfabe to explain the signals the wrestlers and refs are giving

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

post hole digger posted:

RG3 might make the best wrestling announcer out of all of the football commentators i can think of. he has fun announcing and doesnt take things too serious.

Kevin Harlan :colbert:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

WoodrowSkillson posted:

its Gus Johnson guys come on he is basically Joey Styles already

I haven't heard Gus do an NFL game, but if college announcers are in then this is the answer.

The "HURT. MY. FEELINGS." call but it's after a a dude goes through a table full of barbecue.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

WoodrowSkillson posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6BgnqAFWA8

OH GOD!!!! is one of the best calls ever lol

OK, so we're agreed - Gus and Kevin at ringside. Which one's the heel announcer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

soggybagel posted:

I was listening to Harlan's radio calls for the super bowl for part of the game. He's just so good.

Every once in a while I go back to NBA 2k17 because Harlan's the announcer. I should probably revisit the careers of Hugh Mann and Legitimate Person in there....