Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
has anyone mentioned either of the following yet...

Shonn Greene
BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Had them both on a fantasy league in 2012, along with C.J. Spiller, Reggie Bush, and Fred Jackson.

Feels like a fuckin' eternity ago. I once started Shonn Greene on likely the only game he ever scored 3 touchdowns. I'll always connect him to that specific memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

shonn greene managed 3 touchdowns in 2011 at washington too. greatest of all time

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Cavauro posted:

shonn greene managed 3 touchdowns in 2011 at washington too. greatest of all time

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GreeSh00/touchdowns/

You're right. a GOD.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

EconDad posted:

has anyone mentioned either of the following yet...
Shonn Greene

:colbert:

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Shonn Grenne is definitely one of those guys whose career lined up just perfectly with my interest in football for him to be more memorable in my mind than he deserves (had his big breakout year in Iowa when I was a senior in college watching my own Big Ten team, was the workhorse on the Jets when I started following the NFL closely, including the first years I came to New York, etc.)

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Crescent Wrench posted:

Shonn Grenne is definitely one of those guys whose career lined up just perfectly with my interest in football for him to be more memorable in my mind than he deserves (had his big breakout year in Iowa when I was a senior in college watching my own Big Ten team, was the workhorse on the Jets when I started following the NFL closely, including the first years I came to New York, etc.)

Apologies. Just found the thread and was too lazy to page through all of it, at the moment.

Greene checks some of those boxes for me too. One of my earliest fantasy football memories is enjoying that 3 touchdown game with the Jets (against the Colts).

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

EconDad posted:

Apologies. Just found the thread and was too lazy to page through all of it, at the moment.

Greene checks some of those boxes for me too. One of my earliest fantasy football memories is enjoying that 3 touchdown game with the Jets (against the Colts).

If one more person lists him this thread is going to become the Shonn Greene Appreciation Station. And I'm okay with that.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Bishop Sankey

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Fred Smoot

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Fat Jesus posted:

Fred Smoot

Runnin’ through the okra patch

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

David Gerard

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Chris Chambers

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
Olindo Mare

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

OJ Simpson

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

drat it

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Remember Roddy White? Now you will:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

He had a wife

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
here's a video relevant to this thread - Notable NFL players' final career touchdowns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUIk0dACRuA

What's comical to me isn't so much the guys they show, but how many had that final season or two with random teams, some of which are recent yet completely gone from my memory. Brandon Marshall with the Seahawks? Matt Forte with the Jets? A bunch of guys with Washington.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Sean Salisbury

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Danny Woodhead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcwcjt6qcYs

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

shyduck posted:

He had a wife

:stonklol:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Donte Whitner

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Matt Leinart

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Andrew Sendejo. Sendejo was easily the best safety in the UFL.

If you'd have asked me before checking Wikipedia, I'd have told you he spent like two years in the UFL and then like... three with the Vikings? Maybe retired around 2014-15?

Nope. Sendejo was with the Vikes for seven years. Then he ended up on the Eagles in 2019, recording a pick against Kirk Cousins, getting released, then ending up back with the Vikings, which is a real Vikings-rear end story. I'm kinda stunned to find out he was actually on a roster (Colts) in 2021.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
Luis Zendejas, mostly notable for getting Bounty Bowled by Buddy Ryan

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Black Lighter posted:

Luis Zendejas, mostly notable for getting Bounty Bowled by Buddy Ryan

His brother, Tony, was the lovely kicker for the Oilers in Tecmo Super Bowl.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Yo Murphy

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

doug gabriel

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

langston walker

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Shawn Andrews

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Joique Bell

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

fartknocker posted:

Joique Bell

"ja-koy"

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Timmy Jernigan
Travis Fulgham

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Ricky Watters

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Blake Jarwin

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Tai Streets

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

jerious norwood

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Michael Jenkins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

shyduck posted:

Ricky Watters

Oh you mean… Ricky “Running” Watters.