Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Please enjoy this random video of Alphonso Smith that I've had saved for over a decade-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICA539aGHBo
E: Just realized the first guy to congratulate him is Kyle VandenBosch, another great name for this thread.

Kalli posted:

David Boston had that typical WR thing where he was barely productive year 1, decent year 2, breakout star year 3 and then geared up so hard he couldn't run or catch anymore, but holy poo poo he had Clydesdale legs for arms.

Buried deep in an old computer's hard drive is a recording of Lloyd Christmas talking poo poo about Drew Brees, and he name-drops David Boston. I'll go to my grave remembering the intonation that he uses when saying his name.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Feb 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Ernie Sims

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

BlindSite posted:

I was watching TV at the gym at 6am while sucking wind from doin rows.

And I see some lovely chat show with that dude from sliders, a chubby lady and a pretty lady in her 40s and then he called this giant dude ackbar and I realised it's ackbar gbaja biamila who played for the raiders for a while. Brother of Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila who play for the packers.

That's American Ninja Warrior Co-host Ackbar Gbaja Biamila to you :colbert:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Dre Bly

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Playing a fun game with myself where I try to remember the picks from the Millen era Lions who weren't first-round busts. Besides Megatron all I can think of are Jeff Backus and Dominic Raiola (and Ernie Sims who I already mentioned).

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

BlindSite posted:

Who was that white defensive end who used to wear contact lenses and talk like a pro wrestler on the field? Was he a Millen guy?

Kyle VandenBosch! He was a FA who followed Jim Schwartz over from the Titans. Was briefly The Culture Shift Guy on the roster until the amount of draft capital we spent on that line pushed him into irrelevancy. I remember liking him.

Kalli posted:

Cory Redding was pretty solid right? Like no star, but clearly a dude you'd be happy with as long as you didn't draft him in the top 10.

Probably, but I absolutely do not remember who that person is. TBH this would probably be an easier exercise with the mediocre picks from the Mayhew era of Detroit.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Drew Stanton

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Louis Delmas

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Roy Williams

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

The one that Detroit drafted in the first round and then traded to Dallas for a 1st, 3rd, and 6th for some reason (the reason is Jerry Jones)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Prince Amukamara

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Cliff Avril, who was a decent to good DE for Detroit during the Jim Schwartz era, and who later dipped to (successfully) ring-chase in Seattle.

Have a very clear memory of him pick-sixing Phillip Rivers on SNF in 2011, a game that got Detroit its first playoff appearance of the 21st century. Though I guess Detroit had the game well in hand at that point, in my head it was the clinching score.