Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Remembering Brett Basanez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Isaiah Stanback

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Arnaz Battle

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

David Boston had that typical WR thing where he was barely productive year 1, decent year 2, breakout star year 3 and then geared up so hard he couldn't run or catch anymore, but holy poo poo he had Clydesdale legs for arms.

they accurately captured David Boston's physique in NFL Street 2

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D.J. Shockley

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kris Mangum

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dameyune Craig

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Barret Robbins

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ray Lucas

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

John McCargo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Karl Hankton

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Haruki Nakamura

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Vernand Morency

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Miles Austin

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

Jimmy Smith went to 5 straight pro bowls and put up 12k yards receiving and I probably haven't heard his name in fifteen years because he spent almost his entire career on the Jaguars.

him and Fred Taylor

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nate Newton's 800 lbs of weed

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

Sam Hurd was released from prison last year after doing 15 years for moving a ton of weed and coke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksxbIY-EAzU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Andre' Woodson

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gus Frerotte

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

fartknocker posted:

Mildly interesting story: His name popped up among a list of college players some friends of mine ran across years ago, and amused by it, we added it to our “Space Names” list since it sounded like something out of Gundam or Star Wars, and we always needed extra names for nerdly RPG purposes. A few years later, I’m playing Madden and he’s on the Giants depth chart, and ended up being my leading rusher in franchise mode for a while.

were we in the same irc channel back in the day...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

fartknocker posted:

I was off IRC for years by that time, but one of the guys from the same group was another Houston Texans fan who used to post here years ago, and he might have been on IRC still then...

I ask because back in the day i would post football player names that are also gundam names in irc and Orleans Darkwa was considered one of the best of them all

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Julius Jones

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rodney Williams

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jim Druckenmiller

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

this is the remember a guy thread, not a describe a guy thread

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Atari Bigby

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Asad Abdul-Khaliq

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tom Zbikowski

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Karsten Sween

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Benne posted:

Michael Koenan, Western Washington legend

(I had a co-worker who was cousins with him and would get free tickets whenever the Falcons came to Seattle)

Michael QAnon

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

GD_American posted:

Frank Zombo.

All of your dreams can come true...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Yo Murphy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Godser Cherilus is also a very strong remembering guy