Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Samkon Gado

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Troy Drayton

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

Punter A.J. Trapasso.

https://youtu.be/_CwheVbNFFo?si=GvIy5aQdB5tDIu01

For some reason the Jeff Fisher Titans decided to run a trick punt in a preseason game. Trapasso faked the handoff and ran it into the end zone himself.

He washed out of the league and ended up in camp with a UFL team but didn't make the final roster so the above clip is basically his career highlight reel.

Not just any preseason game, the loving Hall of Fame Game :lol:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Gary Brackett was cool

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I know a bunch of random guys from video games.

Derrick Moore was inexplicably the starting RB for the 1995 49ers in Tecmo Super Bowl III, even though he was apparently on the expansion Panthers roster. He was semi okay in that game.

Thomas Lewis was a crappy 1st round receiver for the crappy mid-90s Giants.

Howard Cross was cool.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Leroy Thompson was a RB and Kevin Turner was a FB too.

Kevin Turner is a guy most people don’t remember, but you’ve all seen his jersey at least once. He went to the Eagles for a few years and wore #34. Y’all know the infamous gif/video of Eagles fans at the draft yelling in anger when they selected :mcnabb: in 1999? One of the dudes yelling is wearing a Kevin Turner jersey.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Duke Ihenacho, aka “Dookie a Nacho”

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

David Boston had that typical WR thing where he was barely productive year 1, decent year 2, breakout star year 3 and then geared up so hard he couldn't run or catch anymore, but holy poo poo he had Clydesdale legs for arms.

Someone post a picture of LaRon Landry

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
White guy WRs are good for this thread:

Kevin Curtis
Dane Looker
Tom Waddle
Anthony Gonzalez

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Alaois posted:

they accurately captured David Boston's physique in NFL Street 2

The names in that picture are bringing back memories of some unwatchable Dolphins teams. Just missing AJ Feeley or Rob Konrad.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Eric Foster

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Bob Nelson

Dude was an unremarkable DT for the Packers in the late 80s, but in Tecmo Super Bowl, one of his speed stats got swapped into the wrong spot, so he was super human quick and could blow up the o-line.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Fred Smoot :whatup:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Chad May
Rhett Bomar
Rick Strom

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Boobie Dixon

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

The second it asks me a guy who played for two teams I tap out. I'm like, yeah sorry, my brain doesn't work like that, remembering a dude who played on the Seahawks and Raiders, sorry.

Steve Smith! No, not that one, or the other one, the fullback from the 80s and 90s. He’s one of many I’ve learned from various versions of Tecmo.

Also, you can solve so many of those with journeyman QBs like Dave Krieg, Vinny Testaverde, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Josh McCown.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Black Sunshine posted:

Tim Krumrie (sp?) I think he was nose tackle for the Bengals in one of the Tecmo games.

Oh God those Oilers teams just popped into my head, they were absolutely filthy with Moon throwing to Earnest Givens and Haywood Jeffries.

Run n Shoot 4 Lyfe

Krumrie infamously suffered a brutal broken leg early in Super Bowl XXIII, and was their NT in Tecmo Super Bowl.

And yes, that Oilers team with those guys, Drew Hill, and Curtis Duncan were amazing. Da bomb all game every game.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Wes Chandler

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Eric Turner

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Mohawk Potato posted:

Charlie Way
Rodney Hampton
Tyrone Wheatley

I also remember the 1996ish Giants.

Dave Brown :argh:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Glen Coffee

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Stephen Baker, the Touchdown Maker

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Reggie Hodges

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Jake Reed
Amp Lee
Derek Loville
Jesse Solomon
Brad Goebel

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Raymont Harris
Lewis Tillman
Jarrod Bunch

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Intruder posted:

speaking of Napoleons, Napoleon McCallum :stonk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3ioFDxcPQs

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Madison Hedgecock

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

He was really good at falling forward to get 3 yards. Classic "you need "X" yards he get you 3 yards" guy.

Leroy Hoard, with the classic “If you one, I’ll get you three, if you need five, I’ll get you three”

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Glenn Foley

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Insertnamehere31 posted:

When I was a kid I once played catch with Fred McCrary, journeyman fullback

I also got an autograph from Kelley Washington who was like the 4th string WR on the bengals for a few of the ochocinco years

On a related note, TJ Houshmandzadeh

I just realized Kelley Washington and Kelly Campbell were different people

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Kirios posted:

I'm still butthurt that I got probated for Demarcus Faggins.

FOR SAYING A MAN'S NAME

That’s up there with someone who got probed for “Elisha Manning”

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Intruder posted:

Faggins was so bad. So so bad. He almost single handedly made the Texans lose to the Lions the year they went 0-16

Worse than C.C. “Can’t Cover” Brown?

Also: Jason David

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Reggie Roby

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

It's funny how one picture makes a dude so reviled when he was basically what David Givens had been for the Pats the few years prior... just without a #1 to draw attention away.

Sorta like how Agholor was in '21 and '22 for New England and then he's a perfectly fine #3 for the Ravens.

Nelson Agholor’s career defining moment doesn’t even include him on the field:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZboH1UNhOQ

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Mitch Berger

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Cadillac Williams

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

Remember when Onterrio Smith got caught with a Whizzinator?

Which I only remember because "Bongterrio Smith" shot through my brain. The internet makes you stupid

I vaguely recall Mad Magazine or whoever made a joke about it at the time. It’s the only reason I remember Onterrio Smith at all.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Jonas Gray

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
David Johnson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Brad Pyatt

His only highlight was a 90~ yard kickoff where he was tackled short of the goal line that basically sparked the crazy Colts comeback against the Bucs in 2003.