Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This year, all All-Star events feature a court fully-outfitted in LED lights. In the celebrity game they have used this to put "hot spots" worth more points on the floor as if it's video game. Unclear if this will be done in games where players have the basketball IQ to capitalize on this. E: Ben Golliver REPORTS that they will be using a traditional wooden court for the actual all star game.

Here is a schedule of events

All times are Arizona time (lol)

Friday
5:00 - "Celebrity" Game - See celebs touch a basketball for a first time
7:00 - Rising Star Games - See first and second year players go off. This year it's a short tournament format. Sometimes these games are better than the all star game itse.f

Saturday
12:00 - HBCU Classic - Basically an HBCU all star game
6:00 - All-Star Saturday Night
  • Skills Challenge - Watch big men with chips on their shoulder show up guards
  • Starry 3-Point Contest - watch some dope three point shooting and also often one guy who seems to have touched a basketball for the first time
  • Steph vs Sabrina 3-Point Challenge - two great shooters square off
  • Slam dunk contest - nightcap to put you to sleep early if you're an east coast baby

Sunday
11:30 - G-League All Star Game - It's been fun a couple times
6:00 - East vs West All Star Game

Rick fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Feb 17, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Also a mod might want to put "NBA" in the title just to stop the hockey fans from getting aggro.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I love Haliburton's jacket. If I was rich I would buy it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Bringing the energy of TV timeout contests for children to the all star game.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
As much as I love to hate on Jaquez he was honestly the only player who could create a shot that wasn't terrible for himself consistently on that team. Also I now understand that Podz is just a tall, poor man's Mac Mac Lung.

Fun games, glad my man Ben got the win.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Aye Doc posted:

when he wins the dunk contest and dethrones this lil gleague dork, will he finally earn a little bit of your love?

I'm open to it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Eratik posted:

The legend of Jason kapono

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

do i seriously need to "sign in with my tv provider" to use my shiny new league pass subscription?

Unfortunately, league pass is only a good value if you're a total addict or get it for dirt cheap (or free).

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Jake from State farm with the opening pitch (?)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
It's pretty much a cable (or cable-like) sub or pirate streams if you want to get it free. TNT put games on for free for a long long time but stopped some point after the AT&T acquisition.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

DC Murderverse posted:

Is Miles Turner the current leader in Trade Rumors Without Being Traded

Now that Buddy and John Collins have been moved, yes.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I did not think the dribbling would be the part that was catching players up.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
lmao Hali rules.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
If your asthma is that loving bad that you go from fine to high level attack from softly throwing a softball, you're dead if you're relying on primatene mist.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I overall like this but it's wacky.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
lmao the choke

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The modern Jason Kopono wins again.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Steph can't be beat.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
lol...

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The camera work loving sucks.

IcePhoenix posted:

new rule if anyone is two or more off of the rest of the judges their vote doesn't count

Just dropping the lowest and highest like most judged events would go a long way.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Jaylen Brown is going to jump over an AT&T phone in the finals.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Jaylen's dunk was better than that to me.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The power of the stars

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Mac Mac Lung spendin g his entire G league salary on dunk contest coaches.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Game dunks vs jumping over people I guess.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I wonder if Doc gets booed.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Rick posted:

I wonder if Doc gets booed.

No boos for anyone, closest was angry silence at Giannis. drat.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
lol poor Jokic.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Damison Kapillard going off

E: wrong white guy name at first

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The Godzilla/Kong movie looks like a Mad TV parody of a movie.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

drat I guess Draymond was right about him only showing up to avoid the fine for skipping.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
East is playing a lot harder.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Cancel the game.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Okay neveremind Jokic made me laugh.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I'd rather just listen to LeBron and Jokic talk than watch the game to be honest.

Also everyone else: let's get Haliburton the MVP. Lillard: ITZ DAME TIME

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lol it's been a long time since a crowd was remotely negative to a player at the all star game but remembering Ballgate I understand.

DC Murderverse posted:

Why did we stop the “every quarter is scored from 0” thing, that at least kept the second half from becoming a boat race like tonight

Media complained it was too hard to understand.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lol KD is so big mad at Lillard.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
You know that Adobe poo poo is fake because that kid has 5 fingers.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

rivetz posted:

Can't believe I actually set aside time in my head for tonight to watch this

e: lol @ Morgan Freeman selling me "Opzelura"

This game, and all the Lilly commercials about Alzheimer being sad and it being sad we ignore the disabled have really contributed negatively to my mental health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
drat Chuck going hard on San Fran