Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

There's a Dumas Pl nearby and all the locals pronounce it the same way as the guy in the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

ELTON JOHN posted:

remember in the beginning where the one guy breaks down during the first night and is all “there was a mistake i just need to talk to my lawyer!” and then the guard beats him to death

that’s pretty messed up imo

That guy wasn't beaten to death, just severely beaten. Though that guard does kill a guy later on.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

givepatajob posted:

Gonna rub one out to a poster on my wall in celebration.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Dick Jones posted:

That guy wasn't beaten to death, just severely beaten. Though that guard does kill a guy later on.

uhh no he literally died its the subject of a scene thats like over a minute long

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

The other space jam poster

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

The other space jam poster

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

this except for the scene where andy plays the record for the yard. Melodramatic garbage.
Maybe revisiting the Something Awful remaster of the scene will give you pause for though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgn8wGZGT48

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

pencilhands posted:

uhh no he literally died its the subject of a scene thats like over a minute long

yeah then the next morning at breakfast andy asks what happened to him and someone says he died and andy says “wow…prison is terrible… i gotta get the heck out of here!”

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ELTON JOHN posted:

yeah then the next morning at breakfast andy asks what happened to him and someone says he died and andy says “wow…prison is terrible… i gotta get the heck out of here!”

See, when Andy asks what his name was, I wondered if that was ever going to come back up, especially when he comes up with the silent silent partner, Randall Stevens, later on to royally gently caress Norton up.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
drat, I'm just realizing that I haven't seen Shawshank in far too many years. I gotta fix that real soon. It's one of those flicks that actually lives up to the hype.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
The music scene is unnecessary Hollywood bullshit, but they also found a much more elegant solution to how Andy got rich in jail. A land of contrasts.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

:shittypop:

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
What does the text in the background say?

KISS
NO SHAVE...

THIS

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

thanks for sharing op

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

why does taz have two tails?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

flubber nuts posted:

why does taz have two tails?

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

ive seen this movie exactly one time in full and dozens of times in part because of basic cable in the aughts

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

ngl when the shawshank was redeemed i was like wtf. total twist ending.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Frank Darabont has directed two movies and they are the Shawshank Redemption and the Green Mile. Absolutely prodigious quality-to-output ratio

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

Pls no

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Dokapon Findom posted:

Frank Darabont has directed two movies and they are the Shawshank Redemption and the Green Mile. Absolutely prodigious quality-to-output ratio

He also did the Mist and the Majestic.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Zero VGS posted:

Roger Ebert gave Shawshank Redemption 3.5 Stars: https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/the-shawshank-redemption-1994

Roger Ebert also gave Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within 3.5 stars: https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/final-fantasy-the-spirits-within-2001

Shawshank did have pretty good graphics :shrug:

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Hey don’t tell me what kind of posters I can put up in my prison cell. Back the gently caress up.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

It's no Masters of the Universe, but still a solid flick.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Everyone's in on it... especially him!!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Do you think they hosed on the beach

THat'd be gay.

They probably just sucked each other's dick a bunch of times.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
He comes into SA, acting all cocky about how great a popular 1994 movie is, asking if we had seen it and liked it.

We liked him immediately.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

AFewBricksShy posted:

He also did the Mist and the Majestic.

I saw Shawshank before reading the story, but I read both The Green Mile and The Mist well before seeing either one, and goddamn did Frank Darabont perfectly encapsulate pretty much exactly what I pictured in my head when reading them.

Shame that he didn't include the bus crash scene in The Green Mile, though. That would've worked. Also, there were a couple other prisoners he didn't put into the film, but that's minor.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Hey OP I rewatched this yesterday during work as I said I would and I still went away feeling uplifted and hopeful which is super important in this crapsack world and it's still my favourite film. :)

Piss And Shittium
Dec 20, 2023
Great film. I remember the first time I saw it a few years ago, and being like "How haven't I seen this yet?!"

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

i remember hearing about this movie in my childhood and didnt know what a shawshank or a redemption was and people tend to pronounce it as "shawshankredemption" which still sounds somewhat nonsensical to me

shawshankredemption

shawshankredemption

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

The Shawshang Credemption

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Poohs Packin posted:

i remember hearing about this movie in my childhood and didnt know what a shawshank or a redemption was and people tend to pronounce it as "shawshankredemption" which still sounds somewhat nonsensical to me

shawshankredemption

shawshankredemption

You get a Shawshank on your wedding night. You’ll understand when you’re older.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

How did Andy put the poster back on the wall after he crawled through the hole?

I mean, I can see how he'd do it, but it would be misaligned a bit and not nearly taut enough for the chess piece to go through so cleanly.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
It's good but very overrated OP

It's very sentimental and schmaltzy which is not for me but I'm glad you found some enjoyment for a few moments in this hellscape we find ourselves in

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Kinda undermines the argument someone else is an idiot.

Oh?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

The Bible posted:

How did Andy put the poster back on the wall after he crawled through the hole?

I mean, I can see how he'd do it, but it would be misaligned a bit and not nearly taut enough for the chess piece to go through so cleanly.

It was taped at the top.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

brooks was here

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
The Shawshank Redemption is one of those movies where if they had the internet and smartphones it wouldn’t have happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
fuzzy britches