Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

I kinda doubt JFK would have been able to break the Conservative Caucus the way Johnson did (given that he was literally the protege of Sen. Russell and knew all his tricks). You could argue that given that the Republicans were already making inroads into the American South before 1964, Civil Rights and the Great Society had to happen when it did. Johnson was pretty uniquely positioned to threaten, cajole, bribe and bully Medicaid and Medicare through the Senate.

No idea if Kennedy would have pulled the plug on Vietnam, but with Kissinger mucking about there was always going to be some pestilential predilection for destroying Southeast Asia. So while I appreciate Oswald's contribution to domestic policy, his failure to kill Kissinger poisons his contribution to history.

In all seriousness though, I will always appreciate the Oswald Photoshop Thread from back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU