Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Just finished the game last night and while I enjoyed it, I didn't really like the last chapter/ending.

I played the original back at release when I was 15 or something, and the whole Aeris dies thing stuck with me since then, it was probably the first video game that actually made teenage me feel some kind of emotional response.

Fast forward to rebirth and I was looking forward to seeing what they did with it - would she die and we'd get the heartbreak all over again, or would they tip everything on its head and we'd get a joyous happy victory against fate?

I'd have been happy with either, but in the end I just felt kinda confused? To the point where I wasn't actually sure if she was full on dead or dead in some dimensions and alive in others or just a ghost in Cloud's broken brain. I felt like I had to read a few things to see other peoples reactions and thoughts, but this meant that during those final moments of the game that I thought would be stuck in my head for one emotional reason or another, instead of feeling any kind of emotion I was instead just scratching my head.

The only thing that registered at all really was Tifa sobbing when the crew were all sat around the tiny bronco right at the end, that was rough. But yeah slightly disappointing after all the build-up up to that point, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU