Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I didn't get it until right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

It's both. (Well, it's not clear on if they are survivors from Nibelheim or not, we're not given any indications if so.) Some of the black robed men have number tattoos and some don't, it gets pointed out in the new Nibelheim. The ones with tattoos appear to be Hojo's direct test subjects (ala Red XIII) while the ones without appear to be people who get Jenova'd up in other ways.

I hated this bit because there's no actual visual indicator that any of the black robes don't have number tattoos
They either
A. have ripped sleeves and a tattoo
B. use the standard black robe model that don't have ripped sleeves

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I was prepared for a rugpull for the final two hours of the game, and I really thought when Cloud skewers the vision Sephiroth in the vision Midgar Plate tower that it was going to glitch back to reality and be Aerith, as a parallel to the Tifa scene

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I wonder how you have to play the game to get the “others” date option on your first playthrough

No synergy attacks, gently caress up every single dialogue option, not a single side quest, mismatch your beach outfits on purpose, probably some stuff I’m not thinking of

Like I wonder if it’s even possible to do

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Fedule posted:

Incidental detail from the replay: the message in the temple of the ancients at the black materia altar refers to "those who seek our star's demise" so I'm somewhat inclined to believe that for reasons unknown it has been decided that both the cetra and the gi use "star" to refer to "planet".

There's something with Japanese and "Star" also translating to "Planet," but I'm not versed in the language well enough to explain it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I think Sephiroth having a single wing looks lame