Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Harrow posted:

Marlene's definitely got some kind of special planet powers, right? This game's definitely fueling the speculation that she's a Cetra (possibly on her father's side?).

in Remake, Aerith was able to share her foreknowledge with three people, two of whom we know have connections to the planet and/or the lifestream. There's Red XIII, whose species is deeply connected to the planet, and Cloud, who is absolutely chock full of mako (and also seems to only get snippets, unlike the much more comprehensive lore dump that Red XIII got).

And then there's Marlene. She got a full download, too, going by her conversation with Zack in Rebirth, which might suggest she's got a similar level of "planet power" to Red.

The evidence for Dyne is definitely much more scarce, though I couldn't help but wonder, while he was describing how he could hear his wife's voice begging him to stop, whether he could actually hear her voice and just had no idea he wasn't just hallucinating.

I think it’s more likely her mother, who we never see. Heck, maybe it’s a grandparent. But yeah she seems to have Cetra powers(it was hinted at in the original game and Advent Children too)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ImpAtom posted:

I like it a fair bit because it gives the Gi some grounding in the world and answers in a coherent way a lot of otherwise unanswered questions, while also helping to make Red XIII feel actually critical to the story when he otherwise was pretty divorced from everything.

Yeah the Black materia makes more sense too. It never made much sense in the original for the planet to create a way to destroy itself, especially with Dirge of Cerberus showing the planet does have an escape plan if the situation is bad enough

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Clearly since only Biggs got pulled that means Jessie and Wedge are somehow still alive in the main timeline(even though the Avalanche HQ gang saw Wedge splat)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ImpAtom posted:

I feel like Biggs is tied to the fact that the surviving Biggs we see in the Remake endgame appears to be in a coma.

I’m pretty sure that’s supposed to be the Zack timeline so it’s the same Biggs

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So the “7 seconds until the end” thing. Think that was about Aerith’s death or will it be about something in the 3rd game?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Onmi posted:

I wonder if the final Stamp will be a Wolf, since Cloud is associated with Wolves in the compilation, and in general I guess. OH MAN THAT WOULD BE SO DUMBRAD IF THE FINAL STAMP WAS THE FENRIR EMBLEM CLOUD HAS IN AC. THAT ALSO WORKS FOR WHAT THE CLEAR MATERIA COULD FILL IN TO BEING.

Does the clear materia exist at the end or did it turn into the black materia?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 20, 2024

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Maybe the protomateria quest equivalent in the 3rd game will be filling the Clear materia and it’ll eventually become the Knight of the Round summon. Or Bahamut Zero I guess

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rhonne posted:

I wonder how much of the next game will be spent without Cloud in your party. It's been years since I played the OG, but Cloud spends a decent amount of time out of commission after handing over the Black Materia, doesn't he?

Yeah and Cid is your leader for a while

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Harrow posted:

I've had a crackpot theory since Remake that when Cloud falls into the lifestream he's going to switch places with Zack somehow

Though now that it seems people need a body to inhabit on the other end of a universe jump, maybe not. Zack's body in the prime universe is probably not in, uh, great shape.

Zombie Zack does sound pretty cool though…

EDIT: I would assume his corpse is probably somewhere in Hojo’s lab since Shinra wouldn’t want to leave SOLDIER corpses for anyone to find and potentially research

RatHat fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Mar 20, 2024

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If we get another Intermission style DLC I really hope it’s Vincent(or even Cid) and not Zack

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think QB has become so popular there’s no way they don’t bring it back for the 3rd game

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

goethe.cx posted:

And AC ends with her taking care of two kids with her erratic emo boyfriend

Three kids

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rhonne posted:

Well Hojo currently has Chadley's real body hooked up to a brain drilling machine in his lab, so we're probably in for some hosed up stuff with him in the next game.

What I don’t understand about that part is then what’s the Chadley we see in the world? Is it another hologram that looks real? Can only Cloud see him?

EDIT: Wait no he plays in the QB tournament so he must be interacting with other people. If it’s another body then why can’t Chadley just transfer himself to it or something?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The existence of Kid G means we’ll definitely learn Goblin punch from him in part 3 right?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Were those two characters in Corel that kidnapped a black robe from a novel or something?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Think Cid will start smoking again when he’s in Rocket town? Could be a cool character moment for him to throw it away at the end of his arc.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I wonder if Jenova will have any agency in the 3rd game. It seems like Sephiroth is in complete control this time(this was the case in the OG but you didn't find out until very late) but maybe it'll turn out to be other way around?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Do you think Sephiroth has to spend time micromanaging the black robes so they eat, sleep, poop, ect. and occasionally intervene if a monster is going to wipe out too many of them? There are only so many former SOLDIERs and citizens of Nibelheim afterall, and it’s a loooong journey, it wouldn’t be good if no one made it to the Northern crater.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I assume he’s living on some mountain like a hermit or something

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah I wonder what Sephiroth’s plan is to actually win this time because if things continue like this it’ll just end the same way.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

bobjr posted:

Sephiroth wants a universe where Stamp is his favorite kind of dog.

He will not rest until he creates the Borzoi Stamp universe

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rhonne posted:

FF7 is a dog person game, which is why everyone loves Red and hates Cait Sith.

Even Rufus loves his weird mutant dog.

I like to think his dog is actually one of the Test 0 dogs and they talk to each other behind the scenes

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The remakes still kill Aerith but they’ll save Rufus’ dog

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
He gets some more lines in a side quest I think

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I wasn’t sure how they would manage full open world until Chapter 12 but now I can see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Caidin posted:

Holding out hope that Ghost Ship makes it in part 3.

And I dunno bring out Heavy Tank for something in Gongaga come the gently caress on

Apparently one of the dinosaur enemies has the same Japanese name as Heavy tank so that might not be happening